TRU Ad 5/8-5/14 Brink $15 GC, MX vs ATV $5 GC, $5 Kinect games w/kinect purchase

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Brink $60 w/$15 instant giftcard
MX vs ATV Alive $40 w/$5 instant giftcard(edit:the weekly ad says $5 gc but the product page says $15 gc)
3DS Lego Pirates of the caribbean $40 w/$15 instant giftcard
***the giftcard offers are all week not a Tuesday only deal***
Up to 75% off clearance games + accessories (ending in 0 or 8)
Halo Reach $40
Buy Kinect get any of these games for $5
Kinect sports
Dance Central
Michael Jackson Experience
Kinectimals
Carnival
Motion Sports

links:http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysru...94&pagenumber=18&promotioncode=ToysRUs-110508

http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysru...94&pagenumber=20&promotioncode=ToysRUs-110508

there's also a current $10 off $50 or more coupon
link:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293509

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Enuf']It's $31.80 price difference with tax for me if I didn't buy brink/ MX vs ATV with the pm's. Gas means nothing b/c I drive by 3 BB's everyday anyways so it's no extra cost factored in.
Plus, I don't deal with the hassles from BB that I see other people post.[/QUOTE]

Right. You don't. Everyone else does. How the heck was is $31.80 difference for Brink at BB?

[quote name='Enuf']brink $60 +$15 gc & MX vs ATV $40 +$15 gc plus tax at TRU or
$45 Brink & $25 MX vs ATV plus tax @ BB[/QUOTE]

... yeah, that's not just for BRINK. Brink still works out to be better if you plan on buying something else @ KMart (or the Amazon Pre-Order). Pre-Order points not withstanding.

Out of Pocket for Brink you paid $45+tax. Since no future purchase is needed (and if you're not buying anything in the next few months), certainly worth it. At KMart, you're looking at 60+tax, but your saving can be more if you're buying more in the future. In my case, and the case of others, the time waiting in line + hassle isn't worth the non-commitment to buy future items at Kmart (or TRU or Amazon), especially since it isn't BB's deal itself.

Edit: I'm also seeing that many people aren't even getting the $10 extra offered for MX v. ATV, so... Enuf must be a hot girl to get by with all these YMMV. Or they have a friend at BB who doesn't care.

Got 2 Kinects and 12 games total(2 seperate transactions), not a single issue. Employee didn't even react.

One issue I had was we pre-ordered Lego Pirates and they did not have the Free exclusive Jack Sparrow, said they never got them in. checked a different TRU and same thing, anyone else get this?

[quote name='MrNEWZ']
Edit: I'm also seeing that many people aren't even getting the $10 extra offered for MX v. ATV, so... Enuf must be a hot girl to get by with all these YMMV. Or they have a friend at BB who doesn't care.[/QUOTE]
neither a girl or have a friend at BB that doesn't care,
1-I shop BB alot
2-I price match at BB alot
3-I fill out the customer feedback on the receipts & fillout the surveys stapled to the receipts(these positive reviews help get the CS raises/bonuses etc.)
4-when I 1st started pm'ing alot I always had the ad, the pm policy, the receipt so CS got used to me being prepared.
5-Now whenever I goto CS they ask jokingly "what are you pm'ing now" "what store has a better deal than us now"
6-all the stores I pm are w/i 10-15 minutes of the BB so whenever I need to ensure a no hassle/YMMV pm I just go and buy it at the other store 1st then show them the receipt. That's how I got the $30 pm for MK plus the receipt didn't say coupon it just showed both discounts.
7-getting the MX vs ATV deal is easy, forget using the ad altogether b/c it only shows $5, pull the product page up where it clearly states $15 gc show it to CS on your smartphone. If they go online & click the product page it'll show up there too.
8-90% of my game purchases are at BB & most of those are done with a pm either right when I purchase or w/i the 45 window
8a-RZ points/RZ gamers points/25% RZ bonus points stack much faster when most of my $ is spent in 1 place.
8b-even if I'm in line for 10-15 minutes I just convo. wit CS an don't make a fuss this is a more welcome response than they normally get & when I come back they remember it. Thus, they're more willing to make an exception for a repeat loyal customer & who spends alot at BB. When they sold my DS2 CE that I pre-ordered, I was immediately offered $15 off all I had to do was goto another BB(which was 5 min. from my job) buy it there & my local BB adjusted the price down $15 by just showing the receipt the next time I came in. And since CE rarely go on sale w/i 45 days I got a "pm" that I wasn't even expecting.

[quote name='Enuf']neither a girl or have a friend at BB that doesn't care,
1-I shop BB alot
2-I price match at BB alot
3-I fill out the customer feedback on the receipts & fillout the surveys stapled to the receipts(these positive reviews help get the CS raises/bonuses etc.)
4-when I 1st started pm'ing alot I always had the ad, the pm policy, the receipt so CS got used to me being prepared.
5-Now whenever I goto CS they ask jokingly "what are you pm'ing now" "what store has a better deal than us now"
6-all the stores I pm are w/i 10-15 minutes of the BB so whenever I need to ensure a no hassle/YMMV pm I just go and buy it at the other store 1st then show them the receipt. That's how I got the $30 pm for MK plus the receipt didn't say coupon it just showed both discounts.
7-getting the MX vs ATV deal is easy, forget using the ad altogether b/c it only shows $5, pull the product page up where it clearly states $15 gc show it to CS on your smartphone. If they go online & click the product page it'll show up there too.
8-90% of my game purchases are at BB & most of those are done with a pm either right when I purchase or w/i the 45 window
8a-RZ points/RZ gamers points/25% RZ bonus points stack much faster when most of my $ is spent in 1 place.
8b-even if I'm in line for 10-15 minutes I just convo. wit CS an don't make a fuss this is a more welcome response than they normally get & when I come back they remember it. Thus, they're more willing to make an exception for a repeat loyal customer & who spends alot at BB. When they sold my DS2 CE that I pre-ordered, I was immediately offered $15 off all I had to do was goto another BB(which was 5 min. from my job) buy it there & my local BB adjusted the price down $15 by just showing the receipt the next time I came in. And since CE rarely go on sale w/i 45 days I got a "pm" that I wasn't even expecting.[/QUOTE]

I did this for 6 years. Was in the first wave of Platinum/Silver BB Rewards... and it doesn't matter. You may have found a great BB with a decent manager/regional manager... but speaking for myself and several of my friends/co-workers/others in different areas of varying personality types/looks/etc. ... you've lucked out.

In every city I've done this in, the stores are all within a short drive... but you've not added another 1/2 hour into your savings (of what, $4 tops sometimes?) by buying the item one place, using the receipt to PM, then returning the item BACK to the other store (I imagine). 1, 2, 4, and 8 should be standard for all PMs, otherwise why would you PM?

The surveys have helped with jack diddly, since outside of calling them or telling them you gave Employee #19398 a glowing review, they're not going to realize it was you and/or if the manager denies things it leaves that employee powerless regardless.

One store called a friend of mine a thief/crook for even trying to use the policy. I still know many of the workers at my local BB, but the reality is even a quick pick-up there sucks 30-45 minutes out of my life. I always find that with the elimination of DVD/BRD/CDs in stores, I have little to spend my RZ points on. Last year saw me virtually stop spending money at BB given the behavior/repeated denials on even the simplest of PMs/Disney Coupons (which they now ADVERTISE)... so, props to you.

Yes I have called corporate, and yes I did it while a Silver/Platinum/whatever member. They apologize and send you a gift card. Oooh. They then tell you despite policy they can't make a store take a PM. So, what's the point?

BACK TO THE THREAD~!

[quote name='ZenDawg']Got 2 Kinects and 12 games total(2 seperate transactions), not a single issue. Employee didn't even react.
[/QUOTE]

Did they manually correct the price?

I unfortunately no longer have the print ad, but I know best buy is pretty good about online ads (and are willing to look them up to confirm) so I may try that today. Not shooting to get the $25 gift card on top of it, would be nice obviously, I just want to get the Reward Zone points. On of the Best Buy's in the area is super cool and friendly, the other is hit or miss depending on what manager is on duty so... yeah.

EDIT

Apparently there never was a print ad...

[quote name='badhazard']Does anyone know if you still get the fall out theme when you buy brink.[/QUOTE]

I believe the fallout pack was at Best Buy only. You may be able to get them to price match if you hurry before the day is over. I was also able to get them to price match the error on the MX vs ATV gift card by printing out the product page not the actual ad.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']It's not always worth the TROUBLE of dealing with the garbage at BB. And for a savings of what? Not much in states with higher sales tax.[/QUOTE]

If you consider typing up a 5 minute email twice and a 10 minute phone call trouble, OK.

I know one thing though. When I walk in to that store now, I don't ever worry about anything at that store anymore.

[quote name='ZenDawg']Got 2 Kinects and 12 games total(2 seperate transactions), not a single issue. Employee didn't even react.

One issue I had was we pre-ordered Lego Pirates and they did not have the Free exclusive Jack Sparrow, said they never got them in. checked a different TRU and same thing, anyone else get this?[/QUOTE]

may do this as ive been looking forward to kinect and this is the sweetest deal ever

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I unfortunately no longer have the print ad, but I know best buy is pretty good about online ads (and are willing to look them up to confirm) so I may try that today. Not shooting to get the $25 gift card on top of it, would be nice obviously, I just want to get the Reward Zone points. On of the Best Buy's in the area is super cool and friendly, the other is hit or miss depending on what manager is on duty so... yeah.EDIT
Apparently there never was a print ad...[/QUOTE]
I used the link in the OP from my phone today didn't have a problem getting either gc offer pm'd...
Brink & MX vs ATV $69.18 tax included($5 pre-order already applied)

[quote name='MrshllJcb']I was also able to get them to price match the error on the MX vs ATV gift card by printing out the product page not the actual ad.[/QUOTE]I just click on the MX vs ATV & it brought up a page by itself "MX bs ATV Alive $39.99 plus $15 gc 5/8-5/14" that's all they needed plus the girl working I always wind up at CS with her ringing or providing the override so once she saw the brink gc offer she really didn't even look at the 2nd b/c she knows I always have my $hit together.
I also scored at TRU too,
silver PS2 $59.49
PS2 slim carrying case $10.50
EA MMA $7
got Kung Fu Rider for $7 earlier in the week
PS3 slim media expansion bar $7

bread's done
Back