TRU B1 G1 75% off $19.99 and under 6/29-7/2

[quote name='petemon69']I was just going through my email and came across this from Toys r Us. Buy 1 and get 1 75% off for all games priced at $19.99 or lower. Im sure there are some things people can find in their inventory.[/QUOTE]

$25 for a couple games is not bad.

too bad i own everything they have listed under $20 or they are extremely filthy games I want nothing to do with.

If you have toys r us gift cards laying around and you wanna transfer them to gamestop credit you could

Buy 2 mass effect for 25$
Trade them in towards a used game (base = 12)
After 30% bonus (40 with card) you get 33.60 credit

Saw the title and got excited thinking it meant all games :(.

Either way, still a pretty good deal, my store has a ton of stuff in that price range

[quote name='Trace17']Don't know if this will work, here's the ad.

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/media/trus/062912A_July4DaySale_cpns.pdf

It says online code is 954145. Didn't try it yet though.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, it says Buy 1 Get 1 75% off all value video games priced $19.99 or less. Is there some kind of sticker/branding stating what's a value video game or am I just reading too much into it and it's eligible for all games $19.99 or less?

[quote name='sgaldis']This could be nice, if it truly includes 'all' games under $19.99, ie the clearance titles with weird x.98 prices.[/QUOTE]
"Excludes clearance and Unbeatable Price items."

...but we all know that fine print and registers don't always talk to each other.

I'll call my store in the AM to see if the same deal is going on.

If it is, I'm sure to find something worth grabbing (even if just 2 LEGO games for my nephew)

It worked a couple of weeks ago on the B1G1 40% Off so I don't see why not...maybe with it being 75% they'll be a bit more strict?

Last edited by a moderator:
The website also mentions a buy 2 get 1 free sale on certain games - I tried to see if both promos would combine (using the list of games that are b2g1.) I couldn't get both promos to work together even though the b2g1 is automatically applied in the cart. As soon as I added the 75% off one title, it changed the free game back to full price. I didn't read anywhere that it couldn't be applied with the other offer, but I didn't really look that hard once I saw it wasn't working. Would have been a pretty sweet deal had it worked though - 1 game at 19.99, 1 75% off, and 1 free (The selection on the b2g1 is pretty limited though.) Oh well.

[quote name='TheHelix']This is tempting...trying to save money for Comic Con though.[/QUOTE]

I'm going too and I'm not buying ANYTHING until preview night, so DON'T DO IT BRO!

I just thought I'd point out that the link the OP posted said the BOGO 75% off is with a coupon. So most likely from the ad that came out today. Just wanted to alert everybody to that in case they missed that from the link posted, so we don't have a lot of 'zomg this sale isn't working for me in store automatically' posts.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']The website also mentions a buy 2 get 1 free sale on certain games - I tried to see if both promos would combine (using the list of games that are b2g1.) I couldn't get both promos to work together even though the b2g1 is automatically applied in the cart. As soon as I added the 75% off one title, it changed the free game back to full price. I didn't read anywhere that it couldn't be applied with the other offer, but I didn't really look that hard once I saw it wasn't working. Would have been a pretty sweet deal had it worked though - 1 game at 19.99, 1 75% off, and 1 free (The selection on the b2g1 is pretty limited though.) Oh well.[/QUOTE]

It's weird, I have 10 games in my cart, it applied the 1/75 % to the first two. It applied the buy 2 get 3 to the next 3. The last 5 are all full price, neither promo applied. :whistle2:k

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']It's weird, I have 10 games in my cart, it applied the 1/75 % to the first two. It applied the buy 2 get 3 to the next 3. The last 5 are all full price, neither promo applied. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately I would say your best bet is to do 5 seperate transactions if you want to get the BOGO 75% off dealie.

Trying to find, flips but no stock near me. Heres a good one to Best Buy.

For PS3
Ben 10 for $9.99 and Michael Jackson for $9.99 before promo. Equals about $12 after.
Best Buy pre-promo trade in value is $6 and 7 respectively so full promo makes it $27.30.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Ooo sylvania makes tablets! Can get a tablet from the same company who makes my old CRT tv in the garage![/QUOTE]

Enjoy, man. That tablet's been the only thing in my store with a 100% return rate.

I don't appear to have a store pickup option. Hmmz.

Edit: Nevermind. I didn't realize the option was so early in the process.

What is up with toysrus and shipping? This is crazy to charge $27 for 5 games. It's not like I live in madagascar, I live in the bay area! And their backwards free shipping for orders over $75 limit's shipping up to $20. At least give me the $20 off, $7 is better than $27.

The Lego Batman promo stacks. Buy Lego Batman for $50, get a free Lego game and then add in another 19.99 or less game and that game will be 75% off.

Ordered Super Paper Mario and Pikmin 2. Sadly, the local store doesn't have any in stock, so I had to bite the bullet on the $6.27 shipping. Still better than Amazon, I suppose.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Ordered Super Paper Mario and Pikmin 2. Sadly, the local store doesn't have any in stock, so I had to bite the bullet on the $6.27 shipping. Still better than Amazon, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

The in-store locator on their website is often wrong. I don't know how many times it's claimed that something was not in-stock, but then I get to the store and see 10+ copies sitting on the shelf.

[quote name='duderanch']The in-store locator on their website is often wrong. I don't know how many times it's claimed that something was not in-stock, but then I get to the store and see 10+ copies sitting on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

Even then, I don't have a copy of the coupon, so buying them in store wouldn't work, right?

Edit: I just saw the pdf someone posted. I cancelled my online order and am going to try to do this in-store over lunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='duderanch']The in-store locator on their website is often wrong. I don't know how many times it's claimed that something was not in-stock, but then I get to the store and see 10+ copies sitting on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

I had the opposite happen. They showed several different Nintendo Selects in stock, but when I got there, they only had Pikmin 2 and Mario Tennis (which I picked up last week during their 2 for $30 deal). Should have done in-store pickup I guess, but they didn't have any copies of the games I wanted on hand. Strange.

I advise anyone doing this to just do instore pick up. Last time I did one of their buy one get one type of deals I had a horrible experience.

First, they can decide to cancel the discounted game and they won't send you an email about it, so by the time I found out they had shipped me out a game that had really just cost me full price.

Second, open the game when you get it. That full price game I ended up getting was empty inside. Someone at their warehouse must have opened it and stole the disk and then resealed it (I noticed it wasn't the normal quality plastic covering when I got it). I had waited over a month to open it because I have a pretty big backlog so I was not able to get my money back.

So beware paying for full price empty games!

[quote name='Saablic']I advise anyone doing this to just do instore pick up. Last time I did one of their buy one get one type of deals I had a horrible experience.

First, they can decide to cancel the discounted game and they won't send you an email about it, so by the time I found out they had shipped me out a game that had really just cost me full price.

Second, open the game when you get it. That full price game I ended up getting was empty inside. Someone at their warehouse must have opened it and stole the disk and then resealed it (I noticed it wasn't the normal quality plastic covering when I got it). I had waited over a month to open it because I have a pretty big backlog so I was not able to get my money back.

So beware paying for full price empty games![/QUOTE]
This is why I normally open up every game I buy anymore unless it's something I'm debating returning before long. I bought a couple of games from Kmart/Sears over the last couple of years and at least one had the plastic slit along the side and the disc removed.:roll:

[quote name='klimb22']"Excludes clearance and Unbeatable Price items."

...but we all know that fine print and registers don't always talk to each other.[/QUOTE]

It does this time. I tried to do it with 2 9.98 games and it gave me the 2 for $15 promo.

Oh well. I hate my Toys R Us though nothing isn't price, so I have to scan everything I pick up.

bread's done
Back