TRU: B1G1 40% off all 360 and PS3 games 4/16-4/24 - Updated

redphage

CAG Veteran
Updated: This sale is active until the 24th, confirmed by an TRU employee.

Found out about this deal at Toys R Us today: Buy ANY one Xbox 360 or PS3 game and get a second one 40% off. I believe its this Friday and Saturday only.

This also stacks with this week's Splinter Cell: Conviction deal and the $5 off $25 coupons for April. I ended up getting SC:C and BFBC2 for $72.42 out the door.

Receipt looks like this:

SC:C = $55.82
59.99 - 4.17 (part of the $5.00 off $25 coupon)
BFBC2 = $11.17
59.99 - 39.99 (SC:C promo)
20.00 - 8.00 (40% off)
12.00 - 0.83 (part of the $5.00 off $25 coupon)

Subtotal 66.99 + tax = 72.42

Last edited by a moderator:
well, i hit up my local TRU and they had signs everyone for this sale...BUT didnthave the second game i wanted in stock, supreme commander 2

So i called up a local best buy, and the CSR said to bring in an ad and they'd match...i was like its in store promo..cant you call and have them tell you about it like i did and match it then? the girl said i could come in and talk to her manager about it and see.

So i went on over figuring it was worth a shot at least, and the guy was super cool about it and was like, yea i just got off the phone to check it out... we will match it.

oh hell yea, and they had my games in stock..a CE of SC:C and Supreme Comander 2

All told, was worth the trip

so is there still a splinter cell conviction deal??? i just got around to playing it and want to buy it now. cuz i would like to get that and beatles rock band (from the coupon and discounts) if possible....

[quote name='jigsaw918']so is there still a splinter cell conviction deal??? i just got around to playing it and want to buy it now. cuz i would like to get that and beatles rock band (from the coupon and discounts) if possible....[/QUOTE]

No the main deal WAS that you could buy SCC at full price and get a choice of 1 of 6 games for $20. You could then return SCC for full price and keep the $20 game (Or $12 game because both this and the B1G1 40% off were stacking). That deal is dead though.

The "deal" now is just buy one PS3 or Xbox 360 game and get another for 40% off, which isn't a very good deal at all.

does anyone know how the online returns work. I got Splinter Cell last week and managed to get Left 4 Dead 2 for free from their online website glitch. I got both games both came with different receipts. It shows the price but there was no total on them. If I return SC will I get the full refund or will they want me to return left 4 dead also since that came in seperate package with different receipt. Can I return part of the order to their store. It doesnt say if I can return an online order to a store. I want cash not store credit. Any tips??

@lakers2008

You may be able to return Splinter Cell at the store without having to return L4D2 since the receipts are separate. However, it is possible the order # is the same on both receipts in which case they will see the L4D2 on there as well. Nonetheless, returning a Toys R Us item purchased online to the store will always be refunded in store credit as it is store policy.

[quote name='Parkerktm']in the OP it says it can stack with the splinter cell conviction deal. Whats the deal?[/QUOTE]

It was mentioned in previous pages. The SC: Conviction deal is no longer valid (it ended on the 17th) so it will not stack with the ongoing promo of B1G1 40% off.

Hi, not sure if this is storewide or ymmv, but DJ hero bundles were super cheap at the TRU near dallas. They were around $49, and the two turntable X Box 360 version was $79. They also had Tony Hawk Ride for around $40 for all systems. So, I really want to buy Just Cause 2(PS3), and something else, and have a $10GC already, would this be the best deal? Are these $5 off $25 coupons at the door of all stores, or is it regional?

[quote name='dingo_stole_mybaby']Hi, not sure if this is storewide or ymmv, but DJ hero bundles were super cheap at the TRU near dallas. They were around $49, and the two turntable X Box 360 version was $79. They also had Tony Hawk Ride for around $40 for all systems. So, I really want to buy Just Cause 2(PS3), and something else, and have a $10GC already, would this be the best deal? Are these $5 off $25 coupons at the door of all stores, or is it regional?[/QUOTE]

It was nationwide (thread here); though I believe that sale ended on the 18th. As for buying Just Cause 2, I think it is your best option:

TRU
59.99 + 59.99 = 129.88
B1G1 40% Off second game = 59.99 - 23.99 = 36.00
Total = 64.94 + 36 = 100.94

I don't know where they would factor in your $10 GC. Also, depending on your morals, you can return the other game and stay with JC2.

Gamestop (Online only)
$52.99
- 5.30 [10AUTO -- 10% off]
- 7.15 [15NEW -- 15% off] It should be 7.95 though
+ SAVER (free shipping)
Subtotal = 40.54
Total = 40.54 + 3.34 = 43.88

I am assuming your county tax is also 8.25%.

[quote name='htown01']It was nationwide (thread here); though I believe that sale ended on the 18th. As for buying Just Cause 2, I think it is your best option:

I don't know where they would factor in your $10 GC. Also, depending on your morals, you can return the other game and stay with JC2.

If you buy 2 games that are 59.99 and Just Cause 2 rings up 40% off you have to return both games. You can't get away with getting a game 40% off.

[quote name='bigant262']If you buy 2 games that are 59.99 and Just Cause 2 rings up 40% off you have to return both games. You can't get away with getting a game 40% off.[/QUOTE]

I believe it depends how the receipt is broken down to. If it is evenly distributed then I agree he won't be able to get it for $36.

Edit: I forgot you worked at TRU :D Did someone try it before at your location?

[quote name='bigant262'] If you buy 2 games that are 59.99 and Just Cause 2 rings up 40% off you have to return both games. You can't get away with getting a game 40% off.[/QUOTE]

I doubt that's right. You'll probably get back whatever the receipt shows for a given game. If you wanted JC2 at 40% off you buy a different game along with it and then make sure that the game you want to return is the full price game on the receipt. Then return it for your full price refund and keep JC2 at 40% off. DO NOT BUY 2 OF THE SAME GAME or you could run into issues returning either one of them at full price.

The same type of thing worked just fine for the SCC deal. You could buy it at full price and end up with another game for $12. then return SCC for the full amount and keep the other game for $12.

[quote name='dingo_stole_mybaby']Hi, not sure if this is storewide or ymmv, but DJ hero bundles were super cheap at the TRU near dallas. They were around $49, and the two turntable X Box 360 version was $79. They also had Tony Hawk Ride for around $40 for all systems. So, I really want to buy Just Cause 2(PS3), and something else, and have a $10GC already, would this be the best deal? Are these $5 off $25 coupons at the door of all stores, or is it regional?[/QUOTE]

What location is this TRU i was looking to get the DJ hero turntable and Tony Hawk Ride??

[quote name='lakers2008']does anyone know how the online returns work. I got Splinter Cell last week and managed to get Left 4 Dead 2 for free from their online website glitch. I got both games both came with different receipts. It shows the price but there was no total on them. If I return SC will I get the full refund or will they want me to return left 4 dead also since that came in seperate package with different receipt. Can I return part of the order to their store. It doesnt say if I can return an online order to a store. I want cash not store credit. Any tips??[/QUOTE]

SC will show up as full and L4D2 will show up as 0.01c when you try to return it (i just did this) so i returned SC for the full ~60 (with tax) (on a giftcard) and kept L4D2 and traded it in at gamestop for their $25 on a new game promo

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lakers2008']does anyone know how the online returns work. I got Splinter Cell last week and managed to get Left 4 Dead 2 for free from their online website glitch. I got both games both came with different receipts. It shows the price but there was no total on them. If I return SC will I get the full refund or will they want me to return left 4 dead also since that came in seperate package with different receipt. Can I return part of the order to their store. It doesnt say if I can return an online order to a store. I want cash not store credit. Any tips??[/QUOTE]

i just tried to return my SCC too! LOL.

Anyway was told i had to get a gift card ($65), if i didnt want a gift card I would have to mail it back and get it back in the form paid (my case CC). I was gonna mail back but now that I see a new promo I might as well have gotten the credit, will have to hit up another TRU tonight and go to GS and trade in my L4D2. just as someone mentioned above.

These deals........are making me........Exhausted.

i don't see how all this discussion about the b1g1 and then returning the full price game and keeping the 40% off game is any different than when a discussion comes up about b2g1 free bogos where someone says return the 2 full price games and keep the free one. that constitutes as return fraud but this doesn't?

[quote name='jiggawhat']In LA, we have the privilege of paying 9.75%.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I would love 8.25% since here in Chicago it is 10.25% (at least for non-perishable goods).

[quote name='frpilot']i don't see how all this discussion about the b1g1 and then returning the full price game and keeping the 40% off game is any different than when a discussion comes up about b2g1 free bogos where someone says return the 2 full price games and keep the free one. that constitutes as return fraud but this doesn't?[/QUOTE]

Neither case is return fraud as long as you return them back to the same place you bought them..

[quote name='htown01']I believe it depends how the receipt is broken down to. If it is evenly distributed then I agree he won't be able to get it for $36.

Edit: I forgot you worked at TRU :D Did someone try it before at your location?[/QUOTE]

I have talked to the customer service manager about returning things. Shes been there for a long time. :)

[quote name='ShockandAww']I doubt that's right. You'll probably get back whatever the receipt shows for a given game. If you wanted JC2 at 40% off you buy a different game along with it and then make sure that the game you want to return is the full price game on the receipt. Then return it for your full price refund and keep JC2 at 40% off. DO NOT BUY 2 OF THE SAME GAME or you could run into issues returning either one of them at full price.

The same type of thing worked just fine for the SCC deal. You could buy it at full price and end up with another game for $12. then return SCC for the full amount and keep the other game for $12.[/QUOTE]

Kinda depends on which Toys R Us you go to. If you buy one game and get another 40% off, and try to return the full price game, they are supposed to charge you full price for the other game you didn't return.

[quote name='NegativeZero']anyone able to pick up monster hunter with controller at TRU? mine didnt seem to carry it at all.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe we are selling the bundle packs. :(

Well at least at my store (I work at TRU), we didn't get the Cabelas Big Game Hunter 2010 that comes with the gun until a few weeks ago. I don't remember exactly when it came out but we'd have several people were looking for it daily around xmas. So who knows when we might get Monster Hunter, if ever.

And I don't know where I stand on the return issue. On the one hand, a store should (& TRU usually does) take precautions so this isn't allowed. If the customer just brings back an item with the receipt, he's not technically doing anything wrong. But it just feels kind of dirty/shady imo.

[quote name='bigant262']I have talked to the customer service manager about returning things. Shes been there for a long time. :)

Kinda depends on which Toys R Us you go to. If you buy one game and get another 40% off, and try to return the full price game, they are supposed to charge you full price for the other game you didn't return.
[/QUOTE]

Oh, okay. Then she should know :)

[quote name='ShockandAww']Neither case is return fraud as long as you return them back to the same place you bought them..[/QUOTE]

by that logic, every game is basically on sale for 40% off as long as you return the full price one to tru.

[quote name='bigant262']If you buy one game and get another 40% off, and try to return the full price game, they are supposed to charge you full price for the other game you didn't return.
[/QUOTE]

that's what i always thought it should be with a bogo. return all, or pay full price for the ones you keep unless you are exchanging.

[quote name='bigant262']Kinda depends on which Toys R Us you go to. If you buy one game and get another 40% off, and try to return the full price game, they are supposed to charge you full price for the other game you didn't return. [/QUOTE]

"every manager manages there store different", back when they had there B2G1 sale last year, my local store didnt have nba2k10, i asked the electronics guy, and another store had it, so i went over there planning on EXCHANGING (madden 10 for nba2k10), after the 30 min drive, i basically waited there over an hour talking to one employee after another, then finally the manager, and he was looking at me like i was from mars

each store has its own policies, whether its on the reciept or not, website or not, or whatever, i learned this the hard way

[quote name='FlameOnMe']I love going into work to hear that my store is closing and they are laying people off.

Walked right back out.

.[/QUOTE]

So you work (or used to worK) at a TRU?

[quote name='frpilot']by that logic, every game is basically on sale for 40% off as long as you return the full price one to tru.[/QUOTE]

Yep basically as long as TRU accepts it. Maybe if you do it repeatedly or on purpose it could be considered some kind of fraud I dont know. They need to just make it so that it adjusts the price of both games on the receipt to proper amounts. 40/40 instead of 60/20 for example. They can still get screwed that way but not quite as bad. Or better yet just stop accepting returns on promos like this unless it's a complete return.

[quote name='FlameOnMe']I love going into work to hear that my store is closing and they are laying people off.

Walked right back out.

.[/QUOTE]

when was this? i hope tru isn't having problems.

I hope someone post next weeks TRU Ad soon, I still have the FFXIII $13 dollar gift card I need to spend. I want to know if I should just go for this deal before it ends or just maybe something better hits tomorrow (which I doubt).

[quote name='Unaki']Is the $5 coupon in the store/home ad or email ad? Because I somehow didn't get either :[[/QUOTE]

Its suppose to be in a Coupon Booklet that they should have at the front register when you ask for it at your Toys R Us but from my experience not all TRU have them. As I found couldn't find any TRUI near me that carried it.

[quote name='Erathaol']I hope someone post next weeks TRU Ad soon, I still have the FFXIII $13 dollar gift card I need to spend. I want to know if I should just go for this deal before it ends or just maybe something better hits tomorrow (which I doubt).

Its suppose to be in a Coupon Booklet that they should have at the front register when you ask for it at your Toys R Us but from my experience not all TRU have them. As I found couldn't find any TRUI near me that carried it.[/QUOTE]
Like that spring sale coupon book they have online?

[quote name='Unaki']Like that spring sale coupon book they have online?[/QUOTE]

Well if you tried online and you say you couldn't find it there than I'm assuming its not it. I'm just chalking up the $5 off coupon as fabled legend till shown otherwise. I only saw a .gif of it briefly and it was at a side angel and in very small print. The Toys R Us one is green and the Babies R Us one is purple.

[quote name='SativaSam']I'm so confused. How are people paying for one game then getting something like BFBC2 for 12$?[/QUOTE]

From my understanding they were combining it with the Splinter Cell: Conviction deal TRU was throwing. Basically SCC was $39.99 and you can buy another game from a list for $20. You deduct 40% ($8) dollars from $20 and you get $12

Well, I came out with LPB:GOTY for $17 and Disgaea 3 for $39.99 because I couldn't find the coupon. Im debating whether or not I should return Disgaea and try to get one used or open it and try to get one used...Unless it comes with free DLC codes or something.

I know this is kinda a little too late for most of you, but I went to TRU about 2 hours before they closed tonight to burn off my Final Fantasy XIII gift card. I was hoping they would still be doing the deal, so I looked around and saw they had the signs still up. But I noticed on the sign in the 'fine print' that it says 'discounted item must be of equal/more value'. I knew this had to be a mistake, so I went to the clerk and asked them if I bought Saboteur ($20) and Heavy Rain ($60), if I would get the discount on Heavy Rain. He read the sign and after some thought, said that it was probably a misprint but they would have to honor it. So he calls over the manager, the manager tries to argue a bit about it, but ultimately she has to do the override. However since the system automatically takes the discount on the cheaper game no matter what she did, she finally just said, "I give up, just ring it out as is". In the end, I got both games at 40% off. Saboteur was $13 and Heavy Rain was $36.

I'm surprised those signs were up for that long without anyone ever pointing out the mistake, but I guess it worked to my benefit.

[quote name='melancholysp']I know this is kinda a little too late for most of you, but I went to TRU about 2 hours before they closed tonight to burn off my Final Fantasy XIII gift card. I was hoping they would still be doing the deal, so I looked around and saw they had the signs still up. But I noticed on the sign in the 'fine print' that it says 'discounted item must be of equal/more value'. I knew this had to be a mistake, so I went to the clerk and asked them if I bought Saboteur ($20) and Heavy Rain ($60), if I would get the discount on Heavy Rain. He read the sign and after some thought, said that it was probably a misprint but they would have to honor it. So he calls over the manager, the manager tries to argue a bit about it, but ultimately she has to do the override. However since the system automatically takes the discount on the cheaper game no matter what she did, she finally just said, "I give up, just ring it out as is". In the end, I got both games at 40% off. Saboteur was $13 and Heavy Rain was $36.

I'm surprised those signs were up for that long without anyone ever pointing out the mistake, but I guess it worked to my benefit.[/QUOTE]
REALLY!? You couldn't have posted that before I went!? Ugh...

[quote name='melancholysp']However since the system automatically takes the discount on the cheaper game no matter what she did, she finally just said, "I give up, just ring it out as is". In the end, I got both games at 40% off. Saboteur was $13 and Heavy Rain was $36.[/QUOTE]

That is excellent :D but I still don't get it :whistle2:k

You bought both games 40% off when the promo is B1G1 40% off? You lost me when you started talking about the manager trying to override the system.

[quote name='htown01']That is excellent :D but I still don't get it :whistle2:k

You bought both games 40% off when the promo is B1G1 40% off? You lost me when you started talking about the manager trying to override the system.[/QUOTE]
Simplified explanation: There was an error on the sign, he pointed it out, the manager tried to honor it and upon finding it won't work, they gave him both games for 40% off instead.

[quote name='Unaki']Simplified explanation: There was an error on the sign, he pointed it out, the manager tried to honor it and upon finding it won't work, they gave him both games for 40% off instead.[/QUOTE]

Ah, understood. Thanks :D

bread's done
Back