TRU B1G1 half-off; help me out.

EDiddy0042

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
Tomorrow is the last day for the TRU B1G1 half off on all PS2,PS3 and PSP games. My PS3 library needs updated, and I was wondering if anybody could give me some recommendations on what to pick up. I have read good things about Sid Meier's Civ Rev, but have never really played strategy games before. I was also thinking either DMC 4 or the Incredible Hulk. Finally, does anyone know if the B1G1 half off can be used to apply to a pre-release game (Soul Calibur IV)? any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

[quote name='EDiddy0042']Tomorrow is the last day for the TRU B1G1 half off on all PS2,PS3 and PSP games. My PS3 library needs updated, and I was wondering if anybody could give me some recommendations on what to pick up. I have read good things about Sid Meier's Civ Rev, but have never really played strategy games before. I was also thinking either DMC 4 or the Incredible Hulk. Finally, does anyone know if the B1G1 half off can be used to apply to a pre-release game (Soul Calibur IV)? any help would be much appreciated. Thanks[/quote]

Can't be used on pre-release titles. If you're interested, I picked up GTA IV and MGS 4 in this deal, but am looking for 360 games (preferably Soul Calibur IV) :)

I know, not the place, but hey, I'm a CAG.

~HotShotX

civ rev is good but its hard to get into on the ps3, once you start building a ton of stuff it starts to lag really badly on the ps3. i'd probably recommend getting cod4, gta4, and mgs4 if you dont already have those.

[quote name='EDiddy0042']Thanks. Much appreciated on the input. Shame it can't be used for pre-release like I said SC IV (and Fallout 3)[/quote]

I wish it could be used on SC IV. I already have mgs4, and every game I can think of I wanted. I couldn't find any two games I wanted bad enough. My advice is what everyone else said. Get mgs4 if you don't already own it. Alot of people like bad company. Just a though. :D

I think it's for in stock only games. I went into mine to pick up Ratchet and Clank (great game by the way despite the weird install bug) and Uncharted Drakes Fortune. They were all out of Uncharted and I got DMC4 instead.

I hear that the hulk game was kind of "meh" though. The only things of note that I saw at mine were:

Heavenly sword
Lego Indiana Jones (ten dollars cheaper normally so you wouldn't be getting the most bang for your buck concerning this deal)
Lair (I've heard that it might not suck with the new analog control option, but I wasn't going to risk it)
Lego Star Wars Trilogy (I think it was also ten dollars cheaper then other games)
Uncharted Drakes Fortune (but OOS)
BF : Bad Company (if you like multiplayer)

It might also be worthwhile to ignore the shelf and look into their locked glass case. I only got DMC4 since I asked randomly if they had it. They didn't have any display copies out.

bread's done
Back