TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

Ghostrain

CAGiversary!
[quote name='shrike4242']Stop with all of the trade/sell/buy requests in here, effective immediately.

Put all of those requests in here, please:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='shrike4242']
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329477
[/QUOTE]

Just went into my local TRU and spotted their PC section looking barren, and cheap too!

Found Batman Arkham City, The Sims 3 (Pets and Ambitions too), Battlefield 3, Call of Duty MW3, Starcraft II, Assassin's Creed Revelations, and RAGE all on PC for $9.98 each.

I know there's a TRU Clearance thread, but this seemed big enough to post about on its own.

I know this pic is blurry, but it's the best I could do:

m0rTC.jpg

Can get a pic of my Starcraft II receipt if you'd like too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='superhippy1986']Anybody know if I can return BF3(pc version) that I just got today for a refund or credit? My pc cannot play it that well so I figured maybe I'd get Assassin's Creed Revelations instead if they have it at my local store.[/QUOTE]

If it's unopened, you can get a refund. If not, then you're stuck with it.

[quote name='sunghost']If it's unopened, you can get a refund. If not, then you're stuck with it.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm calling them to make sure or beg..

[quote name='superhippy1986']Well I'm calling them to make sure or beg..[/QUOTE]

You can't return a game, now that you used the code! The game is worthless now.

[quote name='Mikocouch']You can't return a game, now that you used the code! The game is worthless now.[/QUOTE]

Well I can always say it messed up and glitched and I'd like to return it for credit..

[quote name='superhippy1986']Well I'm calling them to make sure or beg..[/QUOTE]
If you bought it with a credit card, you could try the Return Protection service provided by them. My brother did it once and it involved mailing original/copy of receipts, filling out forms, in the end he got his refund in about 1-2 weeks. I know its a hassle, but that's the way to go if the store denies you.

Bought 2 copies of Starcraft 2 (for me and a friend), a copy of Assassin's Creed Revelations, and a copy of the Starcraft battle chest for 10 dollars each. Regrettably the battle chest was void of an actual game, and now I have to go out of my way to return the damn thing. Tsk. :cry:

[quote name='usagi']If you bought it with a credit card, you could try the Return Protection service provided by them. My brother did it once and it involved mailing original/copy of receipts, filling out forms, in the end he got his refund in about 1-2 weeks. I know its a hassle, but that's the way to go if the store denies you.[/QUOTE]

Used cash.

Dropped by the Cary, NC store probably 45 minutes after opening. All I found was quite a few copies of WoW: Cataclysm and a Starcraft & WoW Battlechest. They were in a cart since the Electronics section was in the process of being reset.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Well I can always say it messed up and glitched and I'd like to return it for credit..[/QUOTE]

So you're going to lie to get your money back, even though registered the game to your Origin account permanently? I don't think you're going to find a lot of support here for that.

You should stick to console games. Having a slow computer that can't run a game well has not been a legit reason to return a game in a long time.

[quote name='espy605']So you're going to lie to get your money back, even though registered the game to your Origin account permanently? I don't think you're going to find a lot of support here for that.

You should stick to console games. Having a slow computer that can't run a game well has not been a legit reason to return a game in a long time.[/QUOTE]

Superhippy1986 doesn't stick around CAG for support or approval. Superhippy1986 stays around for Cheap Ass Gaming deals. You dig?

TRU at LIC, NYC still has 3 copies of Battlefield 3, Rage, Sims 3, and a bunch of World of Warcraft expansions for anyone still interested.

oh and a Warcraft BattleChest and 2 copies of Star Wars - The Old Republic

Toys R Us in Metropolitan Mall, NY has like 6 bf3, 4 batman AC, 4 AssCreed and 2 Rage left. No Diablo 3 or SC2 :(

I was also told the 42nd street Toys R Us has nothing. Haven't confirmed in person. I picked up bf3 but not sure if I should open it.

[quote name='jdawgg76']That was me getting MW3 for my bro. CAG is my best friend in the whole wide world. Seriuosly, I usually drop that line when the cashier is shocked at a price and is wondering how I knew and they didn't. Checked another ATL area store in Duluth on Pleasant Hill which had been picked over. Had:
Rage x2 (8.98)
ACR x1
Wow Lich King x2
Wow Cataclysm

I figured TRU was getting out of PC games, but that store had the Wow Panda expansion and some Sims expansion still at full price.[/QUOTE]
Haha I hear you. I got a copy of MW3 for a homie too. & did you actually say cheapassgamer? lmao.

for folks in GA, the following TRU's are as is:
Alpharetta - MW3, ACR, Sims 3, SC1 Bundle
Buckhead - Sims 3 Ambitions Expansion, BAC, Rage, ACR, MW3, BF3 (multiple copies), WoW Bundle, SC1 Bundle
Duluth - Rage, ACR, WoW Expansions

Y'all would jinx it by saying 'how is it not on SD' yet lol. I think we can agree we got some nice hauls tho. If anyone is willing to sell me Skyrim/SC2/Diablo 3 for $15 that would be great, if not that's cool too lol.

Anyone interested in swapping the MW3 I picked up for a Skyrim, SC2, or Diablo 3 key?

Alternatively, if you're looking for an AC:R, BF3, or B:AC, I could nab one of those instead if you catch me in the next 5 minutes.

I'd also be interested if anyone just has one of the above 3 wants and is willing to let it go for $15

PM me if interested in making something happen.

*Everything Gone*

If I didn't get back to you the copies were spoken for. Got flooded. Good Luck everyone else!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JawboneINC']Have the following if anyone needs one. $15 paypal or trade for BF3 or Skyrim. PM me.

2x D3
2x SC2
1x MW3[/QUOTE]
PM'd.

I can get BAC, Rage, ACR, MW3, BF3 (multiple copies), WoW Bundle, SC1 Bundle, all willing to trade for Skyrim/SC2/D3, can throw in some money too. Or straight up for $15.

[quote name='JawboneINC']Have the following if anyone needs one. $15 paypal or trade for BF3 or Skyrim. PM me.

2x D3
2x SC2
1x MW3[/QUOTE]I have BF3. PMed.

[quote name='CountingBodies']Anyone interested in swapping the MW3 I picked up for a Skyrim, SC2, or Diablo 3 key?

Alternatively, if you're looking for an AC:R, BF3, or B:AC, I could nab one of those instead if you catch me in the next 5 minutes.

I'd also be interested if anyone just has one of the above 3 wants and is willing to let it go for $15

PM me if interested in making something happen.[/QUOTE]

Why sell it to you when You can sell on amazon and double your money. I bought skyrim for tens buck got lucky and put it up on amazon for 31 and it sold in minutes = ) I also have Diablo 3's i picked up for 10 each took every one they had LOL selling on amazon for 44

[quote name='prmtyme']why sell it to you when you can sell on amazon and double your money. I bought skyrim for tens buck got lucky and put it up on amazon for 31 and it sold in minutes = ) i also have diablo 3's i picked up for 10 each took every one they had lol selling on amazon for 44[/quote]

gtfo!

[quote name='prmtyme']Why sell it to you when You can sell on amazon and double your money. I bought skyrim for tens buck got lucky and put it up on amazon for 31 and it sold in minutes = ) I also have Diablo 3's i picked up for 10 each took every one they had LOL selling on amazon for 44[/QUOTE]
Because we're fellow gamers here looking for good deals, and while we do sell things for a bit more to fund our gaming budgets, we try to help each other out.

You'd do best not to advertise that you're hoarding and reselling games that we're trying very hard to find for good prices.

My store didn't even have a pc games section. Just a few titles on the bottom shelf underneath xbox games. Anyway, picked up starcraft 2 and skyrim for $10 each.

[quote name='dfg']Thanks for mentioning which store—saves me a trip, as I'm only interested in Skyrim. I saw a couple of other Chicagoland posters mention where they hit, but I haven't seen any about the Golf Mill / Niles location. I can hit that one on the way to work, and I can report back later.[/QUOTE]

Didn't have time on the way in (man, little bit of rain and people forget how to drive), so I stopped on my way home. This location didn't have any Skyrim, but they still had a bunch of WoW stuff, AC:Revelations, Rage, and Sims stuff, stuffed into a shopping basket behind the Electronics desk with no associate in sight. Didn't get to check prices, but it sounds like the clearance was nationwide.

[quote name='prmtyme']Why sell it to you when You can sell on amazon and double your money. I bought skyrim for tens buck got lucky and put it up on amazon for 31 and it sold in minutes = ) I also have Diablo 3's i picked up for 10 each took every one they had LOL selling on amazon for 44[/QUOTE]

louis-ck.gif

Really looking for Diablo 3. I have Modern Warfare 3 and could get Battlefield 3. Would also buy with paypal. Just PM me a price. Don't think anyone would be interested, but I would trade Modern warfare 3 for Skyrim or an extra Starcraft 2 for a friend too.

the store near me had
BF3 x4
Rage x4
couple of those Sims games
WOW expansions
WOW Pandaria still at 39.99

no skyrim / D3 :[

Re: Cataclysm

For anyone who has played WoW before but has an inactive account, this isn't a good deal. Having someone send you a scroll of resurrection automatically gives you the Cataclysm expansion free along with a free level 80 character, even if you don't resub (you get 7 free days). And of course people are ALWAYS willing to send these scrolls out as it can reward them as well.

Anyway, not a derail just some info. Got myself SC2 and MW3 from a friend.

[quote name='atc250es']batman is showing as 49 for me, is this going to be on 10/6 only?[/QUOTE]

looks like it doesnt start until 10/7

[quote name='m3g4t0ky0']Dropped by the Cary, NC store probably 45 minutes after opening. All I found was quite a few copies of WoW: Cataclysm and a Starcraft & WoW Battlechest. They were in a cart since the Electronics section was in the process of being reset.[/QUOTE]

I posted about that last night to let you know I got the last SCII there yesterday morning at open (and to let you know that they never had any Diablo III to begin with). Could've saved you the trip. ;)

I also mentioned that I did not check the Durham store, so they very well could have D3 or SC2 - I'd doubt that now since it's on SD, though.

Confirmed for my area store...Picked up B:AC, Sims 3 plus pets, Sims 3: Ambitions, MW3. The chick at the check out counter was like "MW3 is only 10 DOLLARS?!?!?! FOR REAL??? WOW?!?!"...dumb ass can't read IT'S PC ONLY FOR 10!

Star Craft 2 was gone......tempted to get 3 Old Republics to stay 3 months of play time but skipped it.

I picked up the last BF 3 in Muncy, PA.. Idk if I even really want it now.. if anyone would like to trade it for MW3 or if they have an extra one to get rid of PM me

Anybody check out what they have at any NYC TRU at either Times Square or Whitestone/College Point? I've been too busy with exams this week so I can't even go check them out until Friday.

[quote name='prmtyme']I hit the motherload!!! Going out for more tomorrow!!

sUeN7.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Was expecting more, I think you be small time bro.

[quote name='Mikocouch']Was expecting more, I think you be small time bro.[/QUOTE]

considering they are hard to find no i did well and I am going to find more watch more pics to come LOL

[quote name='prmtyme']considering they are hard to find no i did well and I am going to find more watch more pics to come LOL[/QUOTE]

Ya, you did well for being small time, like i said.

bread's done
Back