TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

Ghostrain

CAGiversary!
[quote name='shrike4242']Stop with all of the trade/sell/buy requests in here, effective immediately.

Put all of those requests in here, please:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='shrike4242']
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329477
[/QUOTE]

Just went into my local TRU and spotted their PC section looking barren, and cheap too!

Found Batman Arkham City, The Sims 3 (Pets and Ambitions too), Battlefield 3, Call of Duty MW3, Starcraft II, Assassin's Creed Revelations, and RAGE all on PC for $9.98 each.

I know there's a TRU Clearance thread, but this seemed big enough to post about on its own.

I know this pic is blurry, but it's the best I could do:

m0rTC.jpg

Can get a pic of my Starcraft II receipt if you'd like too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tale as old as this board...

Someone hordes and sells on ebay and makes a profit. Then proceeds to tell everyone on the board like he's the first to think of it. People get slightly annoyed - since it's not really the spirit of this site & the profiteer gets all pissed about it. Then proceeds to be annoying about the rest of it.

No one cares, really buddy... I've been on this site for 5 years and you're not the first - nor the last. Just try to have a little tact.. also, when people get IP banned here - it's not for hording/selling... it's because they proceed to be a 12 year old ass for the multiple posts afterwards because they cant take a little ribbing. Be a man and let it go, if you dont care what they think - dont reply

Tale as old as this board...

Someone hordes and sells on ebay and makes a profit. Then proceeds to tell everyone on the board like he's the first to think of it. People get slightly annoyed - since it's not really the spirit of this site & the profiteer gets all pissed about it. Then proceeds to be annoying about the rest of it.

No one cares, really buddy... I've been on this site for 5 years and you're not the first - nor the last. Just try to have a little tact.. also, when people get IP banned here - it's not for hording/selling... it's because they proceed to be a 12 year old ass for the multiple posts afterwards because they cant take a little ribbing. Be a man and let it go, if you dont care what they think - dont reply.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I wonder if I should return Sims 3 Ambitions and or MW3? The only reason why I would keep MW3 is because I read there is a star wars mod out there for it. Does Batman AC PC even allow you to play as catwoman ?[/QUOTE]

I thought the Star Wars mod was for CoD4?

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Wow, things got out of hand quickly. I might have seen a trident thrown around somewhere actually.

@prmtyme really if you are gonna hoard and flip a bunch of copies of a game its probably wiser to keep it to yourself. Most of the people who actively post on here are generally willing to help each other out when possible, this may not be the case with you, but you should realize you'll get no support for your flipping stories around here. Telling your flip story will just piss off the people who cant get in on the deal because of other hoarders. And seriously, you been a member here since July, why are you making enemies already?

@Broly and Meeza as for the job search issue, Im also going through the same thing. I graduate from an HVAC/R program this week and ts freakin hard as hell to find jobs (I currently have one I hate, and have been searching for over a month for a new one), everyone wants field experience, but how am I gonna get field experience without a job in the field?[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the forum is titled Cheap Ass Gamer, NOT Cheap ASSHOLE :booty:

[quote name='apokalypse']If anyone has a SC2 available, PM me.[/QUOTE]
there is a trading thread link for this in the first post, just in case anyone missed it

but i'd doubt folks are gonna find copies of Star Craft II or Diablo 3 anytime soon; it seems that was sold out at TRU on the 1st day and CAG on the 3rd day

Also there is an ignore function if folks are getting tired of this hoard talk, personally im finding this a little amusing

[quote name='exaznkid']there is a trading thread link for this in the first post, just in case anyone missed it

but i'd doubt folks are gonna find copies of Star Craft II or Diablo 3 anytime soon; it seems that was sold out at TRU on the 1st day and CAG on the 3rd day

Also there is an ignore function if folks are getting tired of this hoard talk, personally im finding this a little amusing[/QUOTE]

Picked up 5 sc2s last night. Left bunch ass creed, bats, rage.

Got nothing :( I already own what I want to but would have squealed if I could have found a cheap Starcraft II or Diablo III for Dad.

They didn't have even one PC game available, in fact, and it looked like they were in the middle of doing a moderate renovation of the entire gaming area...

Obligatory "if you have one PM me" remark

my friend was lucky enough to get me a SC2, only because it was unmarked and in the display case. Only thing i found at my TRU was alot of Sims and really old Star wars games.

Damn, customer service guy said he'd hold my copy of SC2 and just sold it to someone else while I wasn't there. Super depressing a deal like this for SC2 will probably never be seen again.

[quote name='shrike4242']Stop with all of the trade/sell/buy requests in here, effective immediately.

Put all of those requests in here, please:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329477[/QUOTE]Quoted again since people can't read the OP, in big fonts. Guess I'll go make it bigger.

Also, any posts about multiples in here are getting nuked as well, with the trade/sell/buy posts as well.

There's a forum for bragging, which isn't in here, please go use it. Expect some tar and feathering, if you do brag.

So, I went to the King of Prussia, PA location two days ago to see what they had, and they didn't have much out, but the guy said he'd look in the back. He came back with a copy of Skyrim :bouncy: So, I was like, "I'll take it!" Rings up $10, no problem.

I get home, admire the box...

img1637e.jpg

And I open it up to find this....
img0306u.jpg

The wrapping was already cut open, and it appeared that an employee stole the game out of the box and swapped it with a training DVD about organized crime.... oh the irony! :lol: The guy who rung me up even had to use one of those keys to get it out of the plastic theft box. ...so strange!

Anyway, I went back today, had a quick laugh with the returns lady, and they gave me a refund. It was good timing too, because an employee had a shopping cart of PC games that he was trying to put out on the shelves, and the lady who did my return told me I could go check it out. Ended up picking up the last copy of BF3, since they didn't have Skyrim or Diablo 3, which is what I was really looking for.

So anyway, for PA CAG's, as of 12:00pm today, KoP has:
SCII, SCI, Batman AC, Sims, Rage, AC Revelations, and lots of various Warcraft from what I could see in the cart.

The employees had no idea the games were on sale, btw, which I found interesting.

If you live in Columbia, SC the Harbison Blvd. location had 5 copies of SC2 left when I got mine. There wasn't a clearance sticker on or near them but it did ring up for $10. They also had some copies of the Sims. Don't think they had any of the other games.

My TRU had one copy of WoW pandaria, that was it for pc games, I was hoping to get some sims expansions for my wife. Anyone wanna help a fellow CAG? Please pm.

[quote name='thebert']
SCII, SCI, Batman AC, Sims, Rage, AC Revelations, and lots of various Warcraft from what I could see in the cart.

The employees had no idea the games were on sale, btw, which I found interesting.[/QUOTE]

Might have to go grab SCII and dump my CE that i never opened.

[quote name='thebert']So, I went to the King of Prussia, PA location two days ago to see what they had, and they didn't have much out, but the guy said he'd look in the back. He came back with a copy of Skyrim :bouncy: So, I was like, "I'll take it!" Rings up $10, no problem.

I get home, admire the box...

img1637e.jpg

And I open it up to find this....
img0306u.jpg

The wrapping was already cut open, and it appeared that an employee stole the game out of the box and swapped it with a training DVD about organized crime.... oh the irony! :lol: The guy who rung me up even had to use one of those keys to get it out of the plastic theft box. ...so strange!

Anyway, I went back today, had a quick laugh with the returns lady, and they gave me a refund. It was good timing too, because an employee had a shopping cart of PC games that he was trying to put out on the shelves, and the lady who did my return told me I could go check it out. Ended up picking up the last copy of BF3, since they didn't have Skyrim or Diablo 3, which is what I was really looking for.

The employees had no idea the games were on sale, btw, which I found interesting.[/QUOTE]

There was no security sticker anywhere along the spine or top or bottom?
not shrink wrapped?

That sucks man...well at least you got a refund...they could have easily screwed you out of ten bucks.

Consumerist posted a similar story a long time ago with it happening at walmart.

[quote name='ITDEFX']There was no security sticker anywhere along the spine or top or bottom?
not shrink wrapped?

That sucks man...well at least you got a refund...they could have easily screwed you out of ten bucks.

Consumerist posted a similar story a long time ago with it happening at walmart.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure TRU wouldn't have bothered giving him trouble since it was clearly an inside job, considering one of their training videos was swapped into the case.

[quote name='sp00ge']I'm sure TRU wouldn't have bothered giving him trouble since it was clearly an inside job, considering one of their training videos was swapped into the case.[/QUOTE]

that is scary, thank god i don't purchase my games from tru, lol

dang, got the last copy of Diablo 3 .....and the key doesnt work. Blizzard wont do anything adn TRU wont be getting any copies any time soon so i cant exchange it. This sucks :(

[quote name='ITDEFX']There was no security sticker anywhere along the spine or top or bottom?
not shrink wrapped?

Consumerist posted a similar story a long time ago with it happening at walmart.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no security sticker or anything! It was just poorly shrink wrapped. And I didn't notice cause it just got bagged on checkout. If the disc had just gotten removed, and hadn't noticed the weight, then I'd probably be screwed, but since there was a training DVD that I clearly wouldn't be able to obtain for any other reason, then she gave me a refund no problem. No harm, no foul, I guess.

I'm almost tempted to go back the places I went and go around the WHOLE store. I only checked the dvd area to the full electronics area. I peeked behind counters and all they had were the new inventory boxes.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I wonder if I should return Sims 3 Ambitions and or MW3? The only reason why I would keep MW3 is because I read there is a star wars mod out there for it. Does Batman AC PC even allow you to play as catwoman ?[/QUOTE]

BAC for PC includes Catwoman, but none of the DLC, that's only with the GOTY edition.

Found a way to search seems all the Houston stores are out of Diablo and Skyrim for sure. Can't find the Starcraft 2 product id. Although it's not on there site so it might not work anyways.

[quote name='Xerxes']Found a way to search seems all the Houston stores are out of Diablo and Skyrim for sure. Can't find the Starcraft 2 product id. Although it's not on there site so it might not work anyways.[/QUOTE]

Explain?

[quote name='Doomstink']I posted about that last night to let you know I got the last SCII there yesterday morning at open (and to let you know that they never had any Diablo III to begin with). Could've saved you the trip. ;)

I also mentioned that I did not check the Durham store, so they very well could have D3 or SC2 - I'd doubt that now since it's on SD, though.[/QUOTE]

I must have glanced over your post when I checked the thread before heading up. At least I had stuff to do in the area, so it wasn't a total waste of time/gas.

[quote name='Xerxes']Tampering with the page elements. Search the ids I put in instead.[/QUOTE]

I might jus try callin' but I'm sorta giving up at this point

It was nice knowing you, Previous Comment. It'd be nice if my post had been picked apart instead of being deleted outright, but maybe I'm too particular.

In short: Got there yesterday (about 24 hours ago actually) and couldn't find a single PC game. Looked like they were reorganizing their gaming section, which may or may not have tied into the unavailability. I DID find Kinectimals Now With Bears! with Toys R Us exclusive FAO Schwarz teddy bear for $15, and I just might run back to get it.

Just went to TRU to get D3, SC2, and Skyrim... Wasn't there, so i stopped by BB down the street and they pricematched the games for 30 total!

[quote name='RBCJoker']Just went to TRU to get D3, SC2, and Skyrim... Wasn't there, so i stopped by BB down the street and they pricematched the games for 30 total![/QUOTE]

How'd you pm at BBY? They don't even have SC2 on their website to show pricing anymore

I stopped by the Lynnwood, WA TrU yesterday evening and same deal as a few other people here: no PC section in sight and looked to be getting remodeled. If anyone still has an SC2 and wants to make a quick buck, I'm game still.

[quote name='RBCJoker']Just went to TRU to get D3, SC2, and Skyrim... Wasn't there, so i stopped by BB down the street and they pricematched the games for 30 total![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I call total BS on this one. No way they would PM that many games for so low a price. Pics or it didn't happen.

Belgarath the Ancient One

[quote name='flamerhino']How'd you pm at BBY? They don't even have SC2 on their website to show pricing anymore[/QUOTE]

This. Tho D3 & Skyrim both show up as 9.98 on the site now.

[quote name='BelgarathTAO']Yeah, I call total BS on this one. No way they would PM that many games for so low a price. Pics or it didn't happen.

Belgarath the Ancient One[/QUOTE]

Just ask them to pricematch the price. When I asked them to only pricematch diablo (only game i wanted at the time) they said sure and gave it to me for 10. I came back early the next day and did the same for starcraft 2 and skyrim. They were wary of doing the PM for SC2 due to it being a digital card, but they let it pass. I was very happy with them and even did the survey on receipt to give them mad props

Lucky for you. The BB and Frys I know will want to get on the phone and call that shit in to see if there is anything in stock first. I do wonder about Walmart and Target. o_O

[quote name='Xerxes']Lucky for you. The BB and Frys I know will want to get on the phone and call that shit in to see if there is anything in stock first. I do wonder about Walmart and Target. o_O[/QUOTE]

Same here :cry:

[quote name='RBCJoker']Just ask them to pricematch the price. When I asked them to only pricematch diablo (only game i wanted at the time) they said sure and gave it to me for 10. I came back early the next day and did the same for starcraft 2 and skyrim. They were wary of doing the PM for SC2 due to it being a digital card, but they let it pass. I was very happy with them and even did the survey on receipt to give them mad props[/QUOTE]

are you serious? even with a competitor's ad, BB will still call the freakin store to check if it's in stock. you're either BSing or the luckiest SOB ever. and you did it twice!!??

[quote name='Xerxes']Lucky for you. The BB and Frys I know will want to get on the phone and call that shit in to see if there is anything in stock first. I do wonder about Walmart and Target. o_O[/QUOTE]

my experience with walmart and target, is that you need to have the physical ad to do a price match.

[quote name='RBCJoker']Just ask them to pricematch the price. When I asked them to only pricematch diablo (only game i wanted at the time) they said sure and gave it to me for 10. I came back early the next day and did the same for starcraft 2 and skyrim. They were wary of doing the PM for SC2 due to it being a digital card, but they let it pass. I was very happy with them and even did the survey on receipt to give them mad props[/QUOTE]

You just asked him to PM lol? Did you have any proof? I might just bring in my damn laptop and have it on the online store page

Calling BS on this my best buy and walmart ALWAYS call other store for stock, no stock, no pricematch. Walmart you can get away with this sometime with an ad paper.

bread's done
Back