TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

Ghostrain

CAGiversary!
[quote name='shrike4242']Stop with all of the trade/sell/buy requests in here, effective immediately.

Put all of those requests in here, please:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='shrike4242']
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329477
[/QUOTE]

Just went into my local TRU and spotted their PC section looking barren, and cheap too!

Found Batman Arkham City, The Sims 3 (Pets and Ambitions too), Battlefield 3, Call of Duty MW3, Starcraft II, Assassin's Creed Revelations, and RAGE all on PC for $9.98 each.

I know there's a TRU Clearance thread, but this seemed big enough to post about on its own.

I know this pic is blurry, but it's the best I could do:

m0rTC.jpg

Can get a pic of my Starcraft II receipt if you'd like too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MC Kage']You just asked him to PM lol? Did you have any proof? I might just bring in my damn laptop and have it on the online store page[/QUOTE]

I literally just showed up and handed him my phone with all of the games that were 10 and manager came by and confirmed to him that toysrus is having a sale, so i got the games

[quote name='LD_Helix']Calling BS on this my best buy and walmart ALWAYS call other store for stock, no stock, no pricematch. Walmart you can get away with this sometime with an ad paper.[/QUOTE]

you can get away with it sometimes, i remember the saints row the third collectors edition for $9.99 at toys' r us, even though it was clearly a price mistake. ppl were able to price match it at bestbuy until toys' r us took down the listing on the game from their website. it is possible, but you need alot of luck tho, LOL

[quote name='YBX87']you can get away with it sometimes, i remember the saints row the third collectors edition for $9.99 at toys' r us, even though it was clearly a price mistake. ppl were able to price match it at bestbuy until toys' r us took down the listing on the game from their website. it is possible, but you need alot of luck tho, LOL[/QUOTE]

It is really YMMV, store to store

Now this dude might be on to something. Maybe print the online product websites and try to pass that shit off at Walmart. I still doubt Best Buy and Fry's will buy that shit.

Does Target PM?

No go in the Henrietta, NY location. Apparently they had SC2 for $10, but there was only one copy. Looks to me that their phases out the PC games as there was hardly else on that shelf besides a Starcraft 1 Battlechest and Warcraft 3 Battlechest.

[quote name='nflsonic']No go in the Henrietta, NY location. Apparently they had SC2 for $10, but there was only one copy. Looks to me that their phases out the PC games as there was hardly else on that shelf besides a Starcraft 1 Battlechest and Warcraft 3 Battlechest.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if it's been stated, but that's definitely what's happening. And if the 2 I went to that said they didn't have anymore were evidence of what they are planning, it's table related. I couldn't focus in on what I was seeing but it looked like tablet software. o_O

Nothing at Fairfax or Alexandria, VA locations. I also stopped by Best Buy to try and price match it and they said they couldn't since it wasn't in stock nearby.

[quote name='Xerxes']Now this dude might be on to something. Maybe print the online product websites and try to pass that shit off at Walmart. I still doubt Best Buy and Fry's will buy that shit.

Does Target PM?[/QUOTE]

no way target will pm without a valid legit ad, so your best bet, and only hope is to try to see if you can get a pricematch at bestbuy or frys

I've had BBY pm without calling another store b4, it is very ymmv though. and I doubt you could do it without them calling since this is 50 bux off a 60 dollar game.

You might also get lucky and the TRU person on the phone may not know shit. Or go right before BBY closes, as the register person will wanna get the fuck outta there and not put up with being on hold by TRU.

I would definitely try BBY's, as this seems more likely than finding D3 at TRU, since all the hoarders have hit by now.

Good Luck

[quote name='YBX87']no way target will pm without a valid legit ad, so your best bet, and only hope is to try to see if you can get a pricematch at bestbuy or frys[/QUOTE]

What about Walmart?

Cause I like my odds of getting a date with Mal Malloy within 4 hours (which might be hard with me being in Houston and her being who the fuck knows) vs Bestbuy or Fry's price matching anything without calling it in. One asshole Best Buy made me wait in store for close to a hour. Another one said they couldn't reach anybody and said they couldn't do it.

Thing is I've gotten Fry's and Best Buy to look at phones and printed off ads. But they always call if it's over 50% off. Not in stock, boom. I wouldn't think Target PM'd at all really but walmart does. Just not sure how tight they are.

well I cant decide if i want to just go to best buy or call first. everyone should get on this immediately while skyrim and diablo 3 are on the toys r us site. I'm pretty sure all best buys will check a website for a price and the prices at toys r us site clearly says they are for in store and not online only. the question is just whether or not your best buy will call to check stock. I'm thinking I should just try diablo 3 figure chances of them not calling for one game is better than 2.

[quote name='Xerxes']What about Walmart?

Cause I like my odds of getting a date with Mal Malloy within 4 hours (which might be hard with me being in Houston and her being who the fuck knows) vs Bestbuy or Fry's price matching anything without calling it in. One asshole Best Buy made me wait in store for close to a hour. Another one said they couldn't reach anybody and said they couldn't do it.

Thing is I've gotten Fry's and Best Buy to look at phones and printed off ads. But they always call if it's over 50% off. Not in stock, boom. I wouldn't think Target PM'd at all really but walmart does. Just not sure how tight they are.[/QUOTE]

walmart will require you to have a valid ad as well. maybe you will get lucky this time pming at bestbuy

Did not come here expecting a Mal Malloy reference. Dat ass.

Been calling every TRU in the area, and virtually all of them don't have PC games period. Murfreesboro had them but got hit hard when the prices dropped... of course. Strangest of all: For giggles, I called the store I walked into yesterday that had no PC games out, and the dude was telling me "all we have are WoW expansions, Starcraft II, stuff like that." ??????? I'm thinking he's not up-to-speed but I'm about to go take a look and tease myself again.

On another note, I've never had much trouble PM'ing at BB and they've never had to call another store to verify stock. They'd probably look at me like I lost my mind if I tried to match a ten-dollar D3, but... hmm...

Edit for TN CAGs: the Clarksville store has two copies of Starcraft II as we speak. Didn't ask about anything else (well, I did ask about D3 but wasn't told anything). I'm not driving a 110-mile round trip just to get it since it'd only be a gift, but... well, I'd finish this sentence but I'd be struck with the Sightless Post Eradication Mallet.

Success! Was able to PM at Walmart with relatively little trouble. Cashier called for a CSM and she called for a manager, but they both looked at the page on my phone and agreed it's legit. I only picked up Diablo 3, which is the one I was after, because they were out of Skyrim.

I may drive out to Best Buy tomorrow to try for Skyrim, since they are usually pretty cool with me when it comes to PM's.

Proof:

[quote name='sp00ge']Success! Was able to PM at Walmart with relatively little trouble. Cashier called for a CSM and she called for a manager, but they both looked at the page on my phone and agreed it's legit. I only picked up Diablo 3, which is the one I was after, because they were out of Skyrim.

I may drive out to Best Buy tomorrow to try for Skyrim, since they are usually pretty cool with me when it comes to PM's.

Proof:

[/QUOTE]
Guess whos going to walmart this instance? THIS GUY!!!

Got 4 Diablo 3 at BB PM

Moral of the story? Be nice; the cashier told me she couldn't find any store with the game, but did it anyways.

[quote name='LD_Helix']Guess whos going to walmart this instance? THIS GUY!!![/QUOTE]

lol, best of luck

[quote name='Syntax Error']Congratulations and kudos! My hat's off to your enterprising efforts! :applause:

How was the Gatorade?[/QUOTE]

Good. Sad you didn't ask about my Chocolate Chunk granola bars, though..

[quote name='RBCJoker']I literally just showed up and handed him my phone with all of the games that were 10 and manager came by and confirmed to him that toysrus is having a sale, so i got the games[/QUOTE]

Were you on the TRU website on your phone or was it just a list?

[quote name='LD_Helix']Guess whos going to walmart this instance? THIS GUY!!![/QUOTE]

Good luck, my nearest Walmart refused to price-match the majority of BB's gaming blowout despite the prices being on the website - they wanted a paper ad. Walmart policies being followed is YMMV, as you can probably imagine.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Good luck, my nearest Walmart refused to price-match the majority of BB's gaming blowout despite the prices being on the website - they wanted a paper ad. Walmart policies being followed is YMMV, as you can probably imagine.[/QUOTE]

Walmart changed to a more hassle-free PM policy recently, so paper ads should not be required for reasonable PM's. Part of this new policy is, and I quote:

We do not require customers to have the ad with them to honor a competitor's ad.

http://corporate.walmart.com/ad-match-guarantee

The downside is that point is null with such a huge price difference, BUT the saving grace with this price is on the page, it clearly states "in-store" which was the hook for the manager to go along with it. Whether or not they decide to call the store to check stock is YMMV.

I'll try to PM D3 or SC2 tonight at walmart after work. I tried one of the TRU and they only had the Sims 3 expansions, 3 copies of BF3 and one AC:R. I would have bit on BF3 and AC:R but I already own them for consoles and I don't expect to play them any time soon until I start building a new PC in December or early next year. D3 or SC2 on the other hand, I'm planning to play as soon as I beat RE6 if I can find them.

[quote name='MC Kage']Were you on the TRU website on your phone or was it just a list?[/QUOTE]

Right now I can only find Skyrim and D3 on the TRU website, no SC2. Can anyone confirm a Best Buy pricematch from just the website? And do they look it up and call? I know my local TRU is completely out/never had any for a while.

Just trying to figure out a SC2 PM with it not even on the website.

Belgarath the Ancient One

[quote name='BelgarathTAO']Can anyone confirm a Best Buy pricematch from just the website? And do they look it up and call? I know my local TRU is completely out/never had any for a while.
[/QUOTE]

Bestbuy PM online prices for sure, since I have done it before. However, it is really up to the manager. So YMMV again.

[quote name='ITDEFX']There was no security sticker anywhere along the spine or top or bottom?
not shrink wrapped?

That sucks man...well at least you got a refund...they could have easily screwed you out of ten bucks.

Consumerist posted a similar story a long time ago with it happening at walmart.[/QUOTE]

Isn't Skyrim Steamworks? Did they take whatever the code was printed on, cuz if not that's a hilarious fail on the shrink-er.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Been calling every TRU in the area, and virtually all of them don't have PC games period. Murfreesboro had them but got hit hard when the prices dropped... of course. Strangest of all: For giggles, I called the store I walked into yesterday that had no PC games out, and the dude was telling me "all we have are WoW expansions, Starcraft II, stuff like that." ??????? I'm thinking he's not up-to-speed but I'm about to go take a look and tease myself again.[/QUOTE]

That's almost exactly what the one I called and stopped into told me; when I got there, I couldn't find anything on the shelves, but then I spotted everything in a basket behind the counter.

[quote name='slowdive21']Shit, how did I miss this?[/QUOTE]

Mebbe cuz no one brought it up in the Chicago thread until last nite.

[quote name='stavros90']Nothing at Fairfax or Alexandria, VA locations. I also stopped by Best Buy to try and price match it and they said they couldn't since it wasn't in stock nearby.[/QUOTE]
I'm in that area and I can confirm that there's basically nothing there. I picked up MW3 from the Fairlakes TRU and they had a few BF3's, but that was a few days ago.

just got sc2 and bf3 each for 9.98. this is in kansas city, thank you OP for heads up. the one in olathe is dead dry now, all they have left is a few ac and batman.

I tried to price match Diablo 3 and Skyrim at Wal-mart and Target. No go:( I've never been to my local Best Buy. Think I should even try to price match there?

Son of a... I just opened a sealed TRU Skyrim and gave my friend the key. Steam says it's been redeemed already. I start looking and pop the disc out. Fingerprints. Somebody has a shrink-wrap machine.

Hope they will take it back at TRU though I know it's against their policy, I looked on Steam about how to handle this through them and it sounds like a huge pain in the ass.

[quote name='Aerc']I tried to price match Diablo 3 and Skyrim at Wal-mart and Target. No go:( I've never been to my local Best Buy. Think I should even try to price match there?[/QUOTE]

What happened??

Tried a PM at Best buy on Diablo and skyrim. The manager said no since neither was in stock. Makes me regret buying skyrim yesterday - could have gotten 6 copies at bb. I maybe i'll do a return then pm @ bb?

Anybody have pictures of Diablo 3 or skyrim with the discounted price tags? Target needs a printed ad or proof of in store price to match. Online price isn't enough. I'm

score on diablo 3 at best buy 5 minutes before close. all best buys should price match online prices as long as they aren't online only prices and these clearly aren't. I think the confusion is because it is a new policy. im sure a manager could deny it if they wanted though because it seems like best buy managers get a lot of freedom with prices and stuff. the problem is the in stock check. I called two best buys before I went. one checked over the phone and seemed like they asked a manager and then they called tru and they were obviously out of stock so no go. but with the second best buy i just asked if they would price match a tru video game they said yes and that was it. so I went in and it worked. if you can get them to commit on the phone like that it should work because im pretty sure the people that answer the phones are the ones at customer service.

[quote name='dfg']That's almost exactly what the one I called and stopped into told me; when I got there, I couldn't find anything on the shelves, but then I spotted everything in a basket behind the counter.[/QUOTE]

Well there wasn't a basket on the counter, but suddenly there was a basket on the sales floor that wasn't there yesterday, and I am happy to say that Dad will get his SC2 and D3 for the holidays and the sister will get some Sims expansions. :D Gotta thank BB for price-matching the D3 online price; I stood there for the longest time debating whether I'd even try it when I noticed one of my favorite managers... that was my cue!

[quote name='inm8num2']Anybody have pictures of Diablo 3 or skyrim with the discounted price tags? Target needs a printed ad or proof of in store price to match. Online price isn't enough. I'm[/QUOTE]

I thought Target did store ad, hard copy only. Didn't know proof of in store price was sufficient. At least, for me it has never been.

[quote name='jw430']What happened??[/QUOTE]

I printed out Toys r us pages for Diablo 3 and Skyrim. I was told at each place that they don't price match online prices.

[quote name='Lord Alfred']Son of a... I just opened a sealed TRU Skyrim and gave my friend the key. Steam says it's been redeemed already. I start looking and pop the disc out. Fingerprints. Somebody has a shrink-wrap machine.

Hope they will take it back at TRU though I know it's against their policy, I looked on Steam about how to handle this through them and it sounds like a huge pain in the ass.[/QUOTE]

I'd be hassling everyone possible through both TRU and Steam. If nothing else, if it can be proven the guy jacked a Steam key then there's a good chance he could have his game - or, even more juicy, his entire account - revoked.

scored a PM on D3 at Best Buy 10 minutes before closing at Pittsburgh Mills. I told them TRU was having a crazy sale on Diablo 3. I tried showing her the page on my shity old multimedia phone but it wasn't completely loading. But the girl at the register was cool and looked it up and was able to PM it. I had a RZ certificate and was gonna pick up ME3 with GCU coupon anyway so it wouldn't have been a wasted trip even if I got shut down. I didn't try and push my luck and get them to PM Skyrim or SC2 though.

I might try later. Maybe I'll get someone a late crew person who could care less. The day people will fight you if you have the print as in hand for an in town store

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I thought Target did store ad, hard copy only. Didn't know proof of in store price was sufficient. At least, for me it has never been.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. It has to be a "hard copy" and it has to be on "sale" for the week.

[quote name='Aerc']I printed out Toys r us pages for Diablo 3 and Skyrim. I was told at each place that they don't price match online prices.[/QUOTE]

For walmart, try to PM without the ad/print out. They will call the store to check the price. You do not need to have the ad on hand to PM, however there must be a TRU store near Walmart otherwise they will not PM.

I thought about trying to PM at Best Buy when I was there today, but considering there's a TRU in the same parking lot I don't think they would've went for it. :lol:

Maybe this is an avenue worth investigating at a different store though.

[quote name='jw430']Yeah, same here. It has to be a "hard copy" and it has to be on "sale" for the week.

For walmart, try to PM without the ad/print out. They will call the store to check the price. You do not need to have the ad on hand to PM, however there must be a TRU store near Walmart otherwise they will not PM.[/QUOTE]

I tried price matching at my Wal-Mart and they did call the nearest TRU. They told them it was a clearance item, so Wal-Mart refused to price match. It's hit or miss, worth a try. No SkyRim for me. :sad panda face:

bread's done
Back