TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

Ghostrain

CAGiversary!
[quote name='shrike4242']Stop with all of the trade/sell/buy requests in here, effective immediately.

Put all of those requests in here, please:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='shrike4242']
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329477
[/QUOTE]

Just went into my local TRU and spotted their PC section looking barren, and cheap too!

Found Batman Arkham City, The Sims 3 (Pets and Ambitions too), Battlefield 3, Call of Duty MW3, Starcraft II, Assassin's Creed Revelations, and RAGE all on PC for $9.98 each.

I know there's a TRU Clearance thread, but this seemed big enough to post about on its own.

I know this pic is blurry, but it's the best I could do:

m0rTC.jpg

Can get a pic of my Starcraft II receipt if you'd like too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I thought Target did store ad, hard copy only. Didn't know proof of in store price was sufficient. At least, for me it has never been.[/QUOTE]

Guy told me that picture of price tag would probably suffice, but he also said they've stopped doing that for the most part. Worth a shot if a pic of D3 with the price tag is available, though.

Anybody know how long the TRU prices are going to last? I figure until all the items are sold. Anyway, I'm going back tomorrow and maybe this weekend to keep trying the PMs at BB and Target.

Lord help us, the Slickdeals effect has hit CAG.

Also, what's this print ad people are talking about? I can't find anything about $10 PC games in the current weekly ad on the TRU website.

[quote name='jw430']

For walmart, try to PM without the ad/print out. They will call the store to check the price. You do not need to have the ad on hand to PM, however there must be a TRU store near Walmart otherwise they will not PM.[/QUOTE]

Do I just say TRU has these for $10 and ask to price match? Do I bring the phone number? I've never price matched anything before, so I'm a bit clueless.

[quote name='Lord Alfred']Son of a... I just opened a sealed TRU Skyrim and gave my friend the key. Steam says it's been redeemed already. I start looking and pop the disc out. Fingerprints. Somebody has a shrink-wrap machine.

Hope they will take it back at TRU though I know it's against their policy, I looked on Steam about how to handle this through them and it sounds like a huge pain in the ass.[/QUOTE]

Go through the process outlined here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1673-IDGK-4694

It might take a week or two because Steam support is slow, but you shouldn't have any trouble.

edit: Apparently I can't read and it looks like you already found that :p. Hopefully it helps someone else anyway

[quote name='Aerc']Do I just say TRU has these for $10 and ask to price match? Do I bring the phone number? I've never price matched anything before, so I'm a bit clueless.[/QUOTE]
I would go in with your phone or a printed out copy of the toysrus.com web page with the price on it. That's what I do.

Damn, no go with PM at Walmart for me, the manager keep saying its a online deal only, didnt want to be one of those people so I didnt really argue with him. Good luck on your hunts guys.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']I would go in with your phone or a printed out copy of the toysrus.com web page with the price on it. That's what I do.[/QUOTE]

I actually tried that at Target and Wal-mart and was able to PM. Then someone said to go without and have them call TRU instead.

Trying to get both Diablo 3 and Skyrim. I went to Walmart first and tried to get a pricematch on Skyrim since they had it marked down to $40. No go. Went to Best Buy and grabbed Skyrim since I thought it was $40 everywhere but I guess that is only at Walmart. The cashier was being real cool but when she saw the price difference she called a manager. He kept saying he wasn't going to do it, offered me $30 and I declined, he went back to look at the ToysRus website I guess, came back and was like I shouldn't do this, and then he approved it.:)

I'm so fucking elated Best Buy went through. I mean a couple minutes or sooner and I would have been sol. I think tomorrow I'll go 10 min before closing to grab $10 Mass Effect and try and grab another $10 Diablo. Maybe trade one of the folks in the other thread SC2.

[quote name='J7.']All you guys that are going straight to Best Buy and Walmart, did you bother stopping at TRU first?[/QUOTE]

That's almost pointless now. Was for me.

[quote name='Akio']Where are you price matching with a website? Toysrus.com doesn't list any of these games[/QUOTE]
Search "pc game" instead of the game themselves

oh and filter it under the price tag under 10 on the left

[quote name='6er']If anyone can get a skyrim, I'll pay $16 for the key. No messing with mailing it.[/QUOTE]
Someone can't read the OP

also someone can't read thread title. Lmao

What a double fail

[quote name='arsenhazzard']Go through the process outlined here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1673-IDGK-4694

It might take a week or two because Steam support is slow, but you shouldn't have any trouble.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that the procedure would assign the key to my account. Well, I already have Skyrim. I needed this key to give to a friend that lives some distance away. I'd need Steam to assign the key as a gift in my inventory. Maybe they could do that if I asked, but it just seems like something that would get screwed up. Would prefer to just get my $10 back from TRU. I went ahead and just bought a Skyrim key off of Greenmangaming for $27 (after coupon) and used that one to give to my friend since I had already gotten his hopes up, lol. So if I got Steam to fix this the way I need it would just be trade fodder.

[quote name='Xerxes']I'm so fucking elated Best Buy went through. I mean a couple minutes or sooner and I would have been sol. I think tomorrow I'll go 10 min before closing to grab $10 Mass Effect and try and grab another $10 Diablo. Maybe trade one of the folks in the other thread SC2.[/QUOTE]

haha good to hear.

I picked up a copy of D3 too, the cashier gave me a bunch of shite thought like i was stealing something.

[quote name='Lord Alfred']The problem is that the procedure would assign the key to my account. Well, I already have Skyrim. I needed this key to give to a friend that lives some distance away. I'd need Steam to assign the key as a gift in my inventory. Maybe they could do that if I asked, but it just seems like something that would get screwed up. Would prefer to just get my $10 back from TRU. I went ahead and just bought a Skyrim key off of Greenmangaming for $27 (after coupon) and used that one to give to my friend since I had already gotten his hopes up, lol. So if I got Steam to fix this the way I need it would just be trade fodder.[/QUOTE]

so many reports for games from TRU with this problem. I was about to buy SC2 for someone when I noticed the box was open (after cashier removed from plastic box), i said fuck no at the register.

Seems like TRU employees are shady.

[quote name='Mageshadow']Someone can't read the OP

also someone can't read thread title. Lmao

What a double fail[/QUOTE]

Someone is so butt stupid and lifeless they think that everyone will read a post they have already read, with no comprehension of local stores being sold out, and no common sense to factor finder's/courtesy fee's and tax. Don't forget to wipe next time you take a crap.
LIFE FAIL

27858673.jpg
27858949.jpg

OK well I'm going to BBY tomorrow for sure since the prices show up on TRU's site.

I cant remember which BBY I went to, but they said their policy was to only check online ads and thay they didn't call as it holds up the customer service line. Damn, need to remember.

[quote name='Lord Alfred']The problem is that the procedure would assign the key to my account. Well, I already have Skyrim. I needed this key to give to a friend that lives some distance away. I'd need Steam to assign the key as a gift in my inventory. Maybe they could do that if I asked, but it just seems like something that would get screwed up. Would prefer to just get my $10 back from TRU. I went ahead and just bought a Skyrim key off of Greenmangaming for $27 (after coupon) and used that one to give to my friend since I had already gotten his hopes up, lol. So if I got Steam to fix this the way I need it would just be trade fodder.[/QUOTE]

Your friend would need to open the support ticket, you'd just provide him with the scan of the key and receipt. Steam won't convert a key to an inventory gift, so returning it to TRU is your best bet at this point. Bar that, I'm sure someone in the trade thread is willing to put up with the trouble to get it.

[quote name='arsenhazzard']Your friend would need to open the support ticket, you'd just provide him with the scan of the key and receipt. Steam won't convert a key to an inventory gift, so returning it to TRU is your best bet at this point. Bar that, I'm sure someone in the trade thread is willing to put up with the trouble to get it.[/QUOTE]

Besides this, in the steam thread its recommended to start with the least information you can give to them to make your and work your way up. As great as the store is, from what I gather, support section gets easily confused.

Can't remember.....Plato?.....(EXTREME paraphrase incoming)Who said they wrote the letter for days straight, sorry it is so long, "I didn't have enough time".

was able to pricematch at a Best Buy in Visalia,CA and got Skyrim and Diablo 3. They still had a few of each left. All the Toys R Us within 50 miles were cleaned out of all of them.

[quote name='arsenhazzard']Your friend would need to open the support ticket, you'd just provide him with the scan of the key and receipt. Steam won't convert a key to an inventory gift, so returning it to TRU is your best bet at this point. Bar that, I'm sure someone in the trade thread is willing to put up with the trouble to get it.[/QUOTE]

LOL. I didn't want to disappoint my friend last night after I had promised him Skyrim so I already bought a new Skyrim key off of Greenmangaming and gave it to him. So that won't work either. I'm going to try TRU at lunch but I don't expect success. Like you said, maybe someone else would want to go through the key reassignment procedure with Steam so it won't be a complete loss.

[quote name='6er']Someone is so butt stupid and lifeless they think that everyone will read a post they have already read, with no comprehension of local stores being sold out, and no common sense to factor finder's/courtesy fee's and tax. Don't forget to wipe next time you take a crap.
LIFE FAIL[/QUOTE]

Why would you make yourself look like a bigger idiot? Go read the OP.

After checking the price match policies of WalMart, Target, and Best Buy, only BB's looks like it's a winnable argument, and just barely. Might try on the way in, but I wish my phone were smarter.

I stopped at the Toys R' Us in Waterbury, CT last night. I asked the games associate if they had any PC games, and he told me they had just taken them all down. Looking around however I did spot 3 copies of RAGE mixed in near the PS3 stuff. But I was hoping for Skyrim. Bummer.

So I already got a SC2 key off a cool CAG cause my TRU was sold out of everything, but I'm really cool with all the guys from my local Best Buy so I think today I will try to pm there to get Skyrim, and ill check on an extra SC2 and D3 for CAG's in need

Only AC and Batman left at my local TRU. I was only wanting to get a copy of SC2. I might try and PM my Best Buy on my lunch break break today.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Who would be more likely to pm this, Walmart or Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

Probably Best Buy, Walmart is only supposed to PM ads but there is still a chance you'll get lucky.

If anybody is picking up the new Pokemon game on Sunday, you might want to check these PC games then. If it works out, the wording of the Pokemon deal, that makes any game under $19.99 70% off when bought with the new Pokemon game, should make these games cost $3.

It's times like this that I wish that there was a Toys r Us within 100 miles of me.

Oh well. Skyrim for $10 would have been nice. But I can wait until it hits that price without a crazy clearance sale. Might take another year, but I can wait.

Congrats to everybody who was able to take part in the deal.

[quote name='caca13']Second that and hello fellow Athens CAG.[/QUOTE]

Why hello there! My brother picked up the last copy of Starcraft 2, I take it you got the one right before him?

Just found out that there are no copies of Skyrim or Diablo 3 left in the state of Connecticut. BB Price Match via phone was a no go. Will try to Price Match in-store on Tuesday when I pick up Dishonored.

Both Best Buys though were really, "That's too low, call TRU!"

I don't know why this seems odd. If they have it, why don't I call them, tell them to hold it and leave your store and go get it. A advertised price is a advertised price. Getting all picky on what deals are a go. It's crunch time, make the sell or don't. And like someone else said they act like you stealing.

I could imagine if there resistance, the world would implode with Best Buy, Frys, and Walmarts around the world losing huge amounts of money but I'm sure someone would called TRU and tell them to get that shit off the nets if it was that major.

Price matched Diablo III and Skyrim at Best Buy.

When the cashier saw the prices on my phone, I'm pretty sure all the color left her face. She called a manager over, the manager looked at my phone, shrugged and said, "Good steal, dude!"

[quote name='Lord Alfred']Just to update: My local TRU gave me a refund on the Skyrim with the stolen key with very little hassle. Kudos to them.[/QUOTE]

Ah congrats. You definitely deserve it.

[quote name='Lord Alfred']Just to update: My local TRU gave me a refund on the Skyrim with the stolen key with very little hassle. Kudos to them.[/QUOTE]

good job

but surprising

My super awesome wife just picked up MW3 for me and another copy of BF3 for herself so that we can play together. $10 each!

TRU in upstate NY only had AC:R and Batman.

my mom was going to Walmart today to pick up a few things while I was at work so I told her to try to PM Diablo 3, just for kicks. I gave her the print out of the website I was going to use to try to PM at Best Buy today and I didn't get my hopes up since it's so YMMV. The cashier wasn't gonna let it slide but a nearby awesome manager overheard and let her buy it at $10. Lucky!

[quote name='Smef']My super awesome wife just picked up MW3 for me and another copy of BF3 for herself so that we can play together. $10 each![/QUOTE]

One of the few times "super awesome" was used and it was warranted.

bread's done
Back