TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

Ghostrain

CAGiversary!
[quote name='shrike4242']Stop with all of the trade/sell/buy requests in here, effective immediately.

Put all of those requests in here, please:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='shrike4242']
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329477
[/QUOTE]

Just went into my local TRU and spotted their PC section looking barren, and cheap too!

Found Batman Arkham City, The Sims 3 (Pets and Ambitions too), Battlefield 3, Call of Duty MW3, Starcraft II, Assassin's Creed Revelations, and RAGE all on PC for $9.98 each.

I know there's a TRU Clearance thread, but this seemed big enough to post about on its own.

I know this pic is blurry, but it's the best I could do:

m0rTC.jpg

Can get a pic of my Starcraft II receipt if you'd like too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heading out this weekend to check for a SC2 at 2 separate TRU's...

It feels a bit like searching for the golden ticket at this point, but it's certainly worth a shot. It's been out for quite some time, I wish that would just be the standard price now.

[quote name='usagi']Hmm, maybe return and rebuy at in-store price. The problem with that is if it works is online purchases returned in-store receive an in-store credit and no refunds.[/QUOTE]

The order probably wouldn't go through anyway, that listing doesn't actually show up on the website without url manipulation.

Just scored Skyrim at Best Buy PM in Hialeah, FL. When i showed her my phone with the price she called for an override and she said the manager had to do it earlier for someone who PM Diablo 3. No hassel, didn't even question it. Now with my MW3 that I got the other day and now Skyrim, i'm a happy camper. I already own all the other games that were discounted or else I would have bought a copy of everything for $10 lol.

For those with Amazon Prime and have been a loyal customer for many years, you might want to try Amazon for PM on D3 since you have a clear link to it...

[quote name='buster2k']For those with Amazon Prime and have been a loyal customer for many years, you might want to try Amazon for PM on D3 since you have a clear link to it...[/QUOTE]

Do you know something? I was under the impression Amazon doesn't do price matching except for TVs?

[quote name='buster2k']For those with Amazon Prime and have been a loyal customer for many years, you might want to try Amazon for PM on D3 since you have a clear link to it...[/QUOTE]

I've never tried to PM a game on amazon, how would you go about it. It doesn't seem obvious by looking at the product page.

It's doesn't work consistantly but worth a try, put the items in the cart and then email the CSR from the contact us menu and send the link for the product.. it has been 50/50 on many of the items.. typically they credit you the difference.. but you will know in advance what they want you to do.. I even had them change the price on the item on the cart..

[quote name='krevee']I've never tried to PM a game on amazon, how would you go about it. It doesn't seem obvious by looking at the product page.[/QUOTE]

Success for Skyrim and Diablo III at the Brick, NJ Bestbuy. Bring in a printout from TRU's product pages. Had plenty of each left. No hassle.

I picked up Diablo 3, Starcraft 2 and Skyrim at Best Buy wirthout an ad. Though it may have helped the Toys r Us is literally next door to them.

[quote name='Flame Killa']I picked up Diablo 3, Starcraft 2 and Skyrim at Best Buy wirthout an ad. Though it may have helped the Toys r Us is literally next door to them.[/QUOTE]
Damn you! You lucky little..... I am set on StarcraftII for $10.

[quote name='espy605']Do you know something? I was under the impression Amazon doesn't do price matching except for TVs?[/QUOTE]

I think you're thinking of Amazons price guarantee (or lack thereof). Like if you buy something, and then the price drops a week later. They wont refund the difference anymore like they used to unless it's a TV, iirc.

For price match, there is "Tell us about a lower price?" under the product details of an item. All you can do is submit a link and hope for the best. I feel like Diablo III or any top game for $10 on Amazon would be OOS in less than 2 seconds...

Tried a BB by my work for Diablo III, I went to customer service with the webpage printout. The guy called a local TRU, who told him it was clearanced and they didn't even carry the game, so he wouldn't honor the match.

Thinking about trying a different one on the way home, any tips?

Damn gone one day and everyone is reaping the good stuff lol.

Going to go to BB and try to price match, with my phone, laptop in backpack, and bringing printouts from the page too.

Those that PM'd successfully at Wal-Mart, what exactly did y'all do? Same thing as above? I think I'm just going to show sp00ge's receipts.

[quote name='usagi']Hmm, maybe return and rebuy at in-store price. The problem with that is if it works is online purchases returned in-store receive an in-store credit and no refunds.[/QUOTE]

You might be a fucking genius. If it does come in the mail, they take it back for the full $40, or give your thirty bucks. Only fucked up think is that $5 shipping would be lost.

The buena park and fullerton TRU were a total bust, only some copies of rage. Anyone have any luck with a pm at the fullerton Best Buy? Or as im like to call it the ullerton No-Buy, because the managers always have a reason to say "no" to a pm or coupon. Im really loathe to waste my time trying unless there was some change of heart there. Its been a while since ive been there.

[quote name='PikaZeroX']Tried a BB by my work for Diablo III, I went to customer service with the webpage printout. The guy called a local TRU, who told him it was clearanced and they didn't even carry the game, so he wouldn't honor the match.

Thinking about trying a different one on the way home, any tips?[/QUOTE]
Go to the Gaming Desk instead of the Customer Service to pm maybe. I just did it at the Gaming Desk and the manager didn't even look at the price. It did help that most of the gaming associate know me.

[quote name='Xerxes']You might be a fucking genius. If it does come in the mail, they take it back for the full $40, or give your thirty bucks. Only fucked up think is that $5 shipping would be lost.[/QUOTE]
Well your stuck with a $40 or $30(if it works) Toys R Us gift card too because the online returns at store policy. Just make sure you have plans to use the card if you wanna try this.

Online purchases can also be returned to any Toys"R"Us or Babies"R"Us store location for merchandise credit when returned within 90 days of the purchase date.

[quote name='smackattack']The buena park and fullerton TRU were a total bust, only some copies of rage. Anyone have any luck with a pm at the fullerton Best Buy? Or as im like to call it the ullerton No-Buy, because the managers always have a reason to say "no" to a pm or coupon. Im really loathe to waste my time trying unless there was some change of heart there. Its been a while since ive been there.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know, thanks. I was thinking about going over to them today or tommorow.

I might check out the best buy in orange or longbeach of PCH today or tommorow now.

Actually yeah I don't think that game is going to send. TRU in stock possibly lying. Probably why the page was just delisted.

managed to get diablo 3 at best buy, the manager that did the override told the guy at the gaming section that they got an email saying that they could not price match toys r us anymore, im glad i was able to grab the game, few minutes later and the story would have been different

Successful price match in the BB on Maryland in Vegas. The supervisor just said "Awesome deal" and price matched without question. For BB apparently not PMing TRU anymore, when the associate was adjusting the price TRU was no longer an option and I swear I've seen it there before so there might be some truth to that.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Successful price match in the BB on Maryland in Vegas. The supervisor just said "Awesome deal" and price matched without question. For BB apparently not PMing TRU anymore, when the associate was adjusting the price TRU was no longer an option and I swear I've seen it there before so there might be some truth to that.[/QUOTE]

:cold: Why can't work end sooner!!!

I'm heading over to BB shortly to test my luck for a copy of Skyrim. I know almost every guy in the gaming department, but that could be good or bad. If not, I'll have the old lady go and bust out the cleave. Is it wrong of me to exploit my fiance's giant rack in the name of gaming deals? :D

Went to my local Toys R Us store today in Calexico, CA. Noticed there were no PC games anywhere, till i found a shopping cart full of PC games. They had a good amount of Starcraft and Diablo Battlechests, along with a couple World of Warcraft chests. Also found a couple of RAGE, Spore, and Sims 3 copies. Sadly there were no Diablo III, no Starcraft II.

[quote name='sp00ge']I'm heading over to BB shortly to test my luck for a copy of Skyrim. I know almost every guy in the gaming department, but that could be good or bad. If not, I'll have the old lady go and bust out the cleave. Is it wrong of me to exploit my fiance's giant rack in the name of gaming deals? :D[/QUOTE]

That depends, we can't make an accurate judgement without pics. :D

Just got a PM from Best Buy for Skyrim and Diablo III. Easy as pie, no questions asked. Man I wish Starcraft II was on the website.

Belgarath the Ancient One.

[quote name='sp00ge']I'm heading over to BB shortly to test my luck for a copy of Skyrim. I know almost every guy in the gaming department, but that could be good or bad. If not, I'll have the old lady go and bust out the cleave. Is it wrong of me to exploit my fiance's giant rack in the name of gaming deals? :D[/QUOTE]
Man I was bored as fuck waiting for my car oil change to be done and you sure made me lol!!!

just went to my local Toys R us in Waterford, CT
their PC section is gone have a clearance bin with bunch of PC stuff in it,
still has Batman AC, AC revelation, BF3,MW3, and 2 copies of SC2 and a wow battlechest left

All that's left at bellevue WA store is a couple copies of assassins creed, batman wow cataclysm, sims expansion(forgot which one) and mist of pandaria. Is pandaria also clearanced?

Just price matched Diablo III and Skyrim at King of Prussia, PA Best Buy.

For those wanting details of what I did:

I walked in, picked up the games, and went to the gaming kiosk. There was a manager who saw me and asked if I needed help. I asked him if they price matched Toys R Us. He said "yes", so I showed him the prices on the website which I had on my iphone. He was cool about it, but he thought it was crazy. He then proceeded to look it up for himself on tru.com. When he looked it up, he was like, "Toys R Us is CRAZY, man!", lol. He didn't call the store. He then proceeded to ring me up and then congratulated me on an awesome deal. As I walked out trying not to smile too much, he was telling the other employees, "That guy just bought Skyrim and Diablo III for $10 each!", haha. A very nice, pleasant experience.

These are the CAG moments I live for! :bouncy:

Wow I got unlucky as fuck. Pissed as hell. Went to Best Buy and asked if they price match, they were like yeah. So I showed them D3 & Skyrim on my phone for $10 on the website and the dude was like alright let me check myself on the computer. Sure enough it said $9.98 and he called over THREE guys to look at it and they couldn't believe it, preceded to call over the store manager, then they all got together and apparently called the head of Best Buy for GA and they were like "No-go, they're buying straight from the manufacturer" some bullshit like that. They made a huge deal of it. I didn't even bother arguing after they said no-go I was mad disappointed. Went to Wal-mart and they were just like no PM online at all.

Maybe someone could help me out... :cry: just wanted Skyrim & D3 honestly.

0-2 for me, tried game desk at the BB near my house and they tried to help but the managers were notified to not price match TRU. Congrats to those that lucked out!

[quote name='vesp']Northgate Best Buy in seattle, price matched diablo 3 with no hassle.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, that's the one closest to me. Might try it if I'm in the area.

[quote name='MC Kage']Wow I got unlucky as fuck. Pissed as hell. Went to Best Buy and asked if they price match, they were like yeah. So I showed them D3 & Skyrim on my phone for $10 on the website and the dude was like alright let me check myself on the computer. Sure enough it said $9.98 and he called over THREE guys to look at it and they couldn't believe it, preceded to call over the store manager, then they all got together and apparently called the head of Best Buy for GA and they were like "No-go, they're buying straight from the manufacturer" some bullshit like that. They made a huge deal of it. I didn't even bother arguing after they said no-go I was mad disappointed. Went to Wal-mart and they were just like no PM online at all.

Maybe someone could help me out... :cry: just wanted Skyrim & D3 honestly.[/QUOTE]

Bummer dude.

What kind of brand new ass store manager says he needs to call the regional manager about a price matching? That's some shit to lose your position too. That not reading your emails your damn self. :p

BB system does not have TRU in it when it comes to. I don't know why when it has a bunch of other lesser brand stores in there. But to me this is the proper way to stop a pricematch. Not "let me call they store." They have to have it in stock in really annoying. I think nexrt time I'll play the "shit, let me go rain check bitch with them, later." Maybe I'll catch a real salesmen.

Went to Best Buy to get Diablo 3 PM'd as well. The guy at Customer Service checked TRU.com and then took a good 10 minutes to confirm with a bunch of other employees in the vicinity whether they could PM it (understandable considering how much cheaper it was). Anyways, they eventually gave the OK so I was happy with the results. :)

[quote name='MC Kage']Wow I got unlucky as fuck. Pissed as hell. Went to Best Buy and asked if they price match, they were like yeah. So I showed them D3 & Skyrim on my phone for $10 on the website and the dude was like alright let me check myself on the computer. Sure enough it said $9.98 and he called over THREE guys to look at it and they couldn't believe it, preceded to call over the store manager, then they all got together and apparently called the head of Best Buy for GA and they were like "No-go, they're buying straight from the manufacturer" some bullshit like that. They made a huge deal of it. I didn't even bother arguing after they said no-go I was mad disappointed. Went to Wal-mart and they were just like no PM online at all.

Maybe someone could help me out... :cry: just wanted Skyrim & D3 honestly.[/QUOTE]

Try the other stores. The first one I went to, the manager said the same thing. The second one was smooth sailing.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back