TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

Ghostrain

CAGiversary!
[quote name='shrike4242']Stop with all of the trade/sell/buy requests in here, effective immediately.

Put all of those requests in here, please:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='shrike4242']
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329477
[/QUOTE]

Just went into my local TRU and spotted their PC section looking barren, and cheap too!

Found Batman Arkham City, The Sims 3 (Pets and Ambitions too), Battlefield 3, Call of Duty MW3, Starcraft II, Assassin's Creed Revelations, and RAGE all on PC for $9.98 each.

I know there's a TRU Clearance thread, but this seemed big enough to post about on its own.

I know this pic is blurry, but it's the best I could do:

m0rTC.jpg

Can get a pic of my Starcraft II receipt if you'd like too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kraken613']Price matched Diablo 3 and SC2 no problem at BB. They guy didn't even call a manager over.[/QUOTE]

I noticed this last night, these do not require any time of manager override, even with a huge $50 discount per item.

[quote name='Romeo']I noticed this last night, these do not require any time of manager override, even with a huge $50 discount per item.[/QUOTE]

Where do you go? Customer Service counter? Video Game Dept rep? or straight to the cashier? I'd rather go to the correct person and get as few people involved as possible.

I'm going to try this today at my BB for Skyrim. My TRU only had Batman:AC and AC:R in stock @ $10.

[quote name='Romeo']I noticed this last night, these do not require any time of manager override, even with a huge $50 discount per item.[/QUOTE]

I guess some folks just scared. Again, price matching used to be easy. Now days the hunt done got tougher. Maybe I'm thinking of when Circuit City was alive.

Fry's almost did all three but then she was like well, this is in stores so I'll have to call about Skyrim and Diablo 3. No go in the end. Starcraft 2 was going down but then she made it seem like they were a online only shop and wanted to add shipping on to the deal. fuck that. Sure it would have only been $15, but fuck that.

Starcraft 2 should be more legitimate at Best Buy though. I didn't try it. It being order-able online as well as in stores make it look clean.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Where do you go? Customer Service counter? Video Game Dept rep? or straight to the cashier? I'd rather go to the correct person and get as few people involved as possible.

I'm going to try this today at my BB for Skyrim. My TRU only had Batman:AC and AC:R in stock @ $10.[/QUOTE]

Went to the CS counter. They checked tru.com and all went well, no override needed.

Success! Took quite a while of the manager calling corporate to see if it really was an in-store deal, but it worked. A friend offered to pay me $15 for it since he's been too busy to get to Walmart, so looks like I just got it for $5.

HBaem.jpg

At the BB I went to I took it straight to checkout and he did Diablo 3 no problem. Then I went right back around with the Starcraft 2 after I knew this guy wasn't going to ask questions. I was worried if I took them both at the same time it might not work.

Yup, that's the one! The guy working there had to go in a back room and bring out a shopping cart with the clearance PC games in it. Not sure why he didn't just leave it out, but he must have wheeled it back into hiding.

[quote name='kaz928']Wait, do you mean Mishawaka? Cause I was just there an hour ago and there was nothing.[/QUOTE]

Picked up MW3, Diablo 3 and Skyrim at Best Buy for 9.98 ea. Thanks ;D...

Might have to go back now that Starcraft is back to that price on the website.

Went to my local TRU and picked up Battlefield 3 and Diablo Battlechest for $9.99 each. They were located in a large bin with a bunch more clearance games.

I then went to Best Buy and price matched Diablo III and Skyrim. I just showed the cashier a printed pages from the TRU website and I also showed her the items on my phone from TRU.com. Had to get a manager override but all worked well!

Just went to BB to PM for diablo 3 and battlefield 3. I successfully found D3 but I didnt see a BF3. I asked one of the employees if they had any copies in the back that I could price match and sure enough he comes back with a copy... of the premium edition. So I made out with it pretty well, and got the premium edition of bf3 for 10$

Went to my local Best Buy with a print out of the Skyrim page. I decided that I would also want a Diablo 3...so they had to go look it up. After about half an hour of waiting, they finally told me that they couldn't price match because my TRU had none in stock. I know that they have the right to do that, but did they really have to make me wait so long? -.- Plus, I think the one guy who was working there was about to PM Skyrim, no questions asked, but the Diablo 3 made them go to their excuse list. Maybe I'll try another BB XD

Just got back from best buy. Picked up skyrim with the price match with Toys r us website on my phone. The manager had to do an override for the pm but he didn't even care. The girl couldn't believe I got it for that price though. So happy hunting friends.

[quote name='LoLRoflCopter']If anyone wants to sell me a CD key for Diablo 3 or Skyrim on PC for 10 bucks, message me. I'll gladly accept. ;D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='darkjedi187']man you guys are killing me. Can someone help me out with a D3 key.[/QUOTE]

Go to this thread for trade/buy/sell because your post will be deleted by the mod here

want to point out that Starcraft / Diablo 2 Battle Chest, Star War: TOR, PvZ GOTY, Frontlines, Stranglehold, GTA Sandreas, and Age of Empires Collectior Edition are also on the TRU website

just FYI

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='UnicornBang']Just got back from best buy. Picked up skyrim with the price match with Toys r us website on my phone. The manager had to do an override for the pm but he didn't even care. The girl couldn't believe I got it for that price though. So happy hunting friends.[/QUOTE]

Exact same thing just happened to me.

Just got back from BB, got Skyrim pricematched at $10 by showing them the online ad and going to the Customer Service desk.

I think the best way to go about it is to do only 1 or 2 games at a time.

I was able to price match Diablo 3 and MW3 at best Buy without any issue or manager override...The woman looked it up online and said.."Cool" and rang me up!

Janesville WI had some left. I got the last MW3, but they had one AC Revelations, BF3, WoW Cataclysm, SW The Old Republic, and a couple Sims 3 expansions.

[quote name='darkjedi187']Stopped at BB again today. Got denied hard : ([/QUOTE]
lol lady at walmart looked at me and tried to give me a stern talking to. that what im doing could be considered stealing and they could ban me from the store. I showed her the paper walked to a manager. Told the manager. Manager still said no on the PM but did bitch out the lady

[quote name='RBCJoker']Just went to BB to PM for diablo 3 and battlefield 3. I successfully found D3 but I didnt see a BF3. I asked one of the employees if they had any copies in the back that I could price match and sure enough he comes back with a copy... of the premium edition. So I made out with it pretty well, and got the premium edition of bf3 for 10$[/QUOTE]

How much is the BF3 Premium edition for the 360 @ BB right now?

Price matched at BB for D3 and SC2 with no issues or overrides. Probably could have gotten more games which I may do later but didn't want to push my luck. Had printouts with me but the girl at CS just verified by seeing if it was on the website only.

Grabbed D3, SC2 and Skyrim from Best Buy (Evansville IN). Printed out all three ToysRus webpages and showed them to the cashier and asked for a price match, no problems at all!

[quote name='UnicornBang']Just got back from best buy. Picked up skyrim with the price match with Toys r us website on my phone. The manager had to do an override for the pm but he didn't even care. The girl couldn't believe I got it for that price though. So happy hunting friends.[/QUOTE]

I feel like I saw this happen, lol. What store was this?

TRU update for stock in NYC.

TRU @ Whitestone Expressway, Flushing
No PC games at all... their video games section is a mess.

TRU @ Junction Blvd, Rego Park
2 copies of AC:Revelations, Rage, SW:TOR
1 copy of Starcraft Battlechest
Rest are WOW Expansions, and Sims 3 & Expansions

[quote name='RBCJoker']Just went to BB to PM for diablo 3 and battlefield 3. I successfully found D3 but I didnt see a BF3. I asked one of the employees if they had any copies in the back that I could price match and sure enough he comes back with a copy... of the premium edition. So I made out with it pretty well, and got the premium edition of bf3 for 10$[/QUOTE]

Wow what a nice ass steal. Congratz

bob_793+darkjedi - yeah I feel yall's pain. F those stores for not just the denial but the wait times to make up some stuff like that.

Gotta thank jw430 for hooking me up with his last copies.

After my previous denied price match, I went to another TRU (Melrose Park, IL). It had 2 MW3s, an Arkham City, 2 BF3s, and a Revelations. Then I went across the street and PM'd a Diablo 3 and a Skyrim for my bro, no questions asked :D

Was able to PM Skyrim and SC2 at the BB in Elk Grove, CA. I had printouts but the gaming desk guy just went to a computer and confirmed the prices on TRU's site...not sure how he managed Starcraft but whatever. He had to get a manager override because of the huge difference in price but he said he already verified so she just punched in a code. Also grabbed ME3 on PC with the coupon. Paid for those and Bug's Life Blu with the credit I just got from trading in some games. A good trip!

Went to the BB on Rainbow in Vegas, tried to pick up another copy of D3 to give to a friend for a late bday present and a copy of SC2. I pulled up both pages on my phone, and they even pulled it up on their phones but the guy said he couldn't PM D3 because it's too much of a difference (but said he could PM Amazon's $40 or something price lol) but he said yes to SC2. I'm going to try and PM D3 at the original store I bought mine at on Tuesday assuming the prices stay the same and the pages are still up.

Had no problem getting them to price match two copies of D3 and one of Skyrim at Best Buy in Southfield, MI.

[quote name='UnicornBang']I was at the Best Buy in Novi Michigan[/QUOTE]

Hello, fellow SE Michigan CAG!

[quote name='Rehykja']Had no problem getting them to price match two copies of D3 and one of Skyrim at Best Buy in Southfield, MI.

Hello, fellow SE Michigan CAG![/QUOTE]
Can I join in on this MI fun? Flint/Rochester

[quote name='Rehykja']Had no problem getting them to price match two copies of D3 and one of Skyrim at Best Buy in Southfield, MI.

Hello, fellow SE Michigan CAG![/QUOTE]

Go Tigers!

I just got Skyrim and Starcraft 2 :D with price match from the Belmar best buy in Lakewood CO with printouts of the webpages. Manager was awesome and it took literally 2 seconds. They still have a lot of the other games just not Diablo 3. I am going back out later to look for Diablo 3 at other stores as they were out at the store because someone was in before me. If anyone wants me to post receipts to help with your talks with managers to showe that other store are price matching this let me know and I will. Also the walmart at first and wadsworth was no go for price matches with a very bad attitude and grumpy managers :cry:. Hope this helps any Colorado CAGS out there and I will post later tonight with other finds and my luck.

tried to PM at Pleasant Hill, CA BB store and no luck...tried again at Emeryville, CA BB and they pm'd D3 & SCII w/o asking anything!

[quote name='Cloulien']I just got Skyrim and Starcraft 2 :D with price match from the Belmar best buy in Lakewood CO with printouts of the webpages. Manager was awesome and it took literally 2 seconds. They still have a lot of the other games just not Diablo 3. I am going back out later to look for Diablo 3 at other stores as they were out at the store because someone was in before me. If anyone wants me to post receipts to help with your talks with managers to showe that other store are price matching this let me know and I will. Also the walmart at first and wadsworth was no go for price matches with a very bad attitude and grumpy managers :cry:. Hope this helps any Colorado CAGS out there and I will post later tonight with other finds and my luck.[/QUOTE]

I did practically the same thing! I had BB pricematch Skyrim and Starcraft II.

The woman working there called the it "Too good to be true."

Went to three Best Buys in the Raleigh area and was turned down each time. Oh well, I don't really need Diablo 3 or SC2 anyway.

Finally got a Skyrim, although it took more than cleavage. All went well until they had to call a second manager over to approve the PM and he said no and that brought my fiance's inner-bitch out. I walked away and let her do her thing, so I missed the whole ordeal (the cleavage mind trick works best when the lady is alone), but from what she told me, it was an ordeal that went all the way to the store manager.

But I got Skyrim for $10, so I'm a happy boy now.

BTW - this was at Walmart.

[quote name='sp00ge']Finally got a Skyrim, although it took more than cleavage. All went well until they had to call a second manager over to approve the PM and he said no and that brought my fiance's inner-bitch out. I walked away and let her do her thing, so I missed the whole ordeal (the cleavage mind trick works best when the lady is alone), but from what she told me, it was an ordeal that went all the way to the store manager.

But I got Skyrim for $10, so I'm a happy boy now.

BTW - this was at Walmart.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome. :lol:

Went to my local Toys R Us and they told me they didn't even carry PC games. I am wondering if they had already sold out of what they did carry if they ever did. I could try chancing a price match for Skyrim somewhere but my backlog is so big I might just keep waiting for it to drop in price

bread's done
Back