TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

Ghostrain

CAGiversary!
[quote name='shrike4242']Stop with all of the trade/sell/buy requests in here, effective immediately.

Put all of those requests in here, please:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='shrike4242']
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329477
[/QUOTE]

Just went into my local TRU and spotted their PC section looking barren, and cheap too!

Found Batman Arkham City, The Sims 3 (Pets and Ambitions too), Battlefield 3, Call of Duty MW3, Starcraft II, Assassin's Creed Revelations, and RAGE all on PC for $9.98 each.

I know there's a TRU Clearance thread, but this seemed big enough to post about on its own.

I know this pic is blurry, but it's the best I could do:

m0rTC.jpg

Can get a pic of my Starcraft II receipt if you'd like too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went today to my local best Buy and PM'd for 2 copies of Diablo 3, 3 copies of Skyrim and a copy of SC2. I already have D3 and SC2 so I used the link provided to offer everything up in the trade thread for $15 (key) and $20(boxed) and it went so feakin fast. Might go back tomorrow to try and help out some more people, and may actually grab MW3 for myself

Just got back from BB in Natomas, CA. Successfuly PM MW3 and Skyrim. After traveling to 2 Toys r us this feels great.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Went today to my local best Buy and PM'd for 2 copies of Diablo 3, 3 copies of Skyrim and a copy of SC2. I already have D3 and SC2 so I used the link provided to offer everything up in the trade thread for $15 (key) and $20(boxed) and it went so feakin fast. Might go back tomorrow to try and help out some more people, and may actually grab MW3 for myself[/QUOTE]

Did it require an override? I went to one best and picked up skyrim and diablo 3 just fine, went to another and tried Starcraft diablo and skyrim and the girl said it required a manager and he shot me down. The kid at the first bb was familiar with the deal though and didn't call a manager or anything.

Went to my local TRU and they told me they do not sell any PC games. So, I tried to PM at my local Best Buy. I had Skyrim in my hands, was in the check out line, and the cashier was all ready to give me the PM. When suddenly the guy from the gaming department runs up to the check out line and shouts at the cashier and told her, "DONT GIVE HER THE DEAL." Can they even do that? Ugh.

I tried to argue with him to giving me the PM but in the end he called up TRU and gave me the whole spew on "not in stock/no deal" ordeal. I even called up the other TRU around my area. They do not carry PC games either. :wall:

I first went to TRU tonight, they only had Rage, some Sims games, AC, and probably some other game but it was nothing I was looking for. So went to Best Buy, they of course had a ton of D3 and SC3 games. I picked up 2 copies of each normally priced at $59.99 (D3) and $39.99 (SC2). Went up to the front registers, where I should of probably not bothered going to, guy that normally rings me up was busy with a customer.

The employee had rung it all up, being over 200 dollars of course, so they said I have to ask their manager since it's over so much. Employee went to ask, came back said that they had to call TRU (which I know I didn't see any of those two games left, their video games section was a disaster anyways, although I could of missed them in a different area easily, and didn't ask an employee there if they had any available in the store).

So the employee is on the phone, first asks if the price was right, then asked if they could check in store for the games, which is where I thought yeah if they look and come back and say no, then I'm out of luck. So the first person they talked to didn't answer their question, so they ask for someone in the video game department, which not sure what happened but the best buy employee gave up waiting on the phone, hung up, came back to the register and started overriding the prices for me. So $43.71 ($39.92 before tax) was my total for 2 D3 , 2 SC2 games. Of course the employee says, "that's a really good deal", I said yup, and left.

I think it's best to grab 2 games per purchase. I went to another best buy and bought sc2 and d3 and just showed the site and it was fine.

I went to a far away BB and was able to pm D3 and SC2. I also picked up the last 2 ME3CEs they had in stock, since they were closing in 15 minutes. I had to buy 2 mags, but they are still worth it at $15 each.

I went to my local Best Buy with the page loaded on my Nexus, picked up a copy of Skyrim and Diablo III and asked the guy working in the video games section whether they'd be able to do a price-match. I wasn't expecting that they would do it and I certainly wasn't going to fight anybody over it. The PM policy seems pretty clear: no PM unless there's a store in town that carries the item in question. So if they hadn't gone for it, I'd have just said, "Okay" and walked out.

However everybody there was really cool about it. The first blue shirt I spoke with asked me where the PM was and how much. When I told him it was Toys R Us, he started to pull up the site on his computer and I said, "I should have it right here" and showed him the two product pages on my Nexus. He said they shouldn't have a problem, put it in the computer, called over a manager to authorize the overrides and I walked out with two $60 games $21.78 poorer.

The manager actually asked incredulously about Skyrim being on sale and when the blue shirt said yes, he said he was getting a copy for himself, thanked me for coming in, and grabbed one off the shelf.

It was a very pleasant and painless experience, quite the opposite of what I anticipated. I may try price-matching more often after this.

EDIT: I didn't even bother checking the stock at my one local TRU; the store rarely has much of anything in the way of PC games, hardly ever has clearance or sale items in-store, and it's much farther from my house than this Best Buy location. I figured if I couldn't get a PM, then I'd take the trouble to drive over to the TRU and find out they didn't have anything I was looking for.

Has anyone gotten a copy of Skyrim with a 25 character cd key? They are supposed to come with a 15 character long key. Apparently some of the printed retail copies had key issues.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2846395

I need to call monday, just a head up in case someone else has this issue.

Anyways, I was able to PM a few games at my local BBY after getting denied at 4 others as online it shows OOS, they all pointed that out. Three wanted to call and one just wouldn't budge on the issue. Weird as when I went to one of them before their policy was to ONLY check websites and printed ads and to not call at all as it holds up the line. I wish I ran into that manager/cashier that I had that other time

D3, Skyrim and MW3. They would only let me get one copy. Would have gotten two of each for a friend. Luckily a few cags were willing to sell me a few keys for a modest profit for my friend.

I might try this again, but I'd have to go fairly far to get to another BBY. So probably not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went into BB for a second time to pricematch. Took printouts of the TRU store pages of Skyrim and Diablo 3. The sales associate ALMOST did it, then decided to consult with the manager. Sadly it was the same manager as from my first attempt. Not only that, there was some guy in the store on the radio who was clearly a corporate employee. Tall, well-built, in his 50s, etc. The dude came over and totally shut down the operation like a boss.

I give up.

First off, thanks OP for this amazing deal.

I was so excited to try and see if BB would price match, that I totally ignored one of the Diablo 3 boxes was open at the top. I bought 2 of them(one for me, one for my wife) and when I got home the code on the cd case was scratched off.

I doubt BB will let me exchange for another but I will try.

VERY IMPORTANT INFO: I called the 800 number for BB to ask a general price matching question. She advised me that starting tomorrow(10/7/12) ALL BB stores will be price matching local B&M websites as a holiday promotion.

Hopefully the deal is still up for those interested in this deal.

[quote name='Andrewvangils']
VERY IMPORTANT INFO: I called the 800 number for BB to ask a general price matching question. She advised me that starting tomorrow(10/7/12) ALL BB stores will be price matching local B&M websites as a holiday promotion.

Hopefully the deal is still up for those interested in this deal.[/QUOTE]

WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! I'mma go back for MW3 and Diablo 3! Ehh! Good things come in 3s! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Hopefully the PM policy is correct!

Hey guys been following this site for a few years now and have managed a few great deals in the past but nothing comes close to this price matched a copy of Diablo 3 at best buy went through no problem at all on top of that used my 5 dollar reward zone certificate and paid less then 6 dollars for the game. Right now I am one VERY happy cheap ass gamer!

[quote name='Andrewvangils']

So does this mean that they price match regardless of whether local TRU have it in stock or not?

[quote name='halcyonDayz']So does this mean that they price match regardless of whether local TRU have it in stock or not?[/QUOTE]

If that above info in true, then yes. Gonna wait until tomorrow to scour the site for the new PM policy. That way I'll have some backup evidence if the managers try declining my request in the future.

As a comical side note, when you type "Diablo 3" into the TRU site search engine, you get redirected to "Puss In Boots Double Pack with The Three Diablos DVD"

All you guys getting BB to PM - who's doing it? Just the sales associate/cashier? Are they bringing in the manager to confirm?

More specifics would help everyone in the thread out! Thanks.

PM'd at BB in Brandon and got SC2 and Skyrim and they were so chill about it :D. Might get D3 as well. Now i just have to wait for my new computer since my laptop doesnt even meet minimum.

[quote name='Andrewvangils']First off, thanks OP for this amazing deal.

I was so excited to try and see if BB would price match, that I totally ignored one of the Diablo 3 boxes was open at the top. I bought 2 of them(one for me, one for my wife) and when I got home the code on the cd case was scratched off.

I doubt BB will let me exchange for another but I will try.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']If that above info in true, then yes. Gonna wait until tomorrow to scour the site for the new PM policy. That way I'll have some backup evidence if the managers try declining my request in the future.[/QUOTE]

Yes, for the love of God, someone post proof, a link, an ad, anything to have as evidence if we run into ignorant managers. Please. If I'm going to travel 50 miles to the closest Best Buy, at least give me (and other CAG's) ammo. :D And the sooner the better, have to beat the damn hoarders there too.

Not sure the actual going rate of WoW Cataclysm but for what it's worth, it's also $9.99 on TRU website if anyones looking to upgrade. I went looking for some other PC games on the website I might want and found that.

I've also printed the TRU game pages out to try out at my BBs tomorrow, will post back my results.

If the new price matching policy is real, it certainly increases the odds that I'd be able to get a game price matched. But it still doesn't get around the problem of the store which is being price matched having to have the game in stock. I'll have to hope that I get somebody who doesn't care enough to call and check. I'm usually pretty lucky with that. But then again, I've never tried to price match an online price or get a $60 game for $10 before.

[quote name='The End']If the new price matching policy is real, it certainly increases the odds that I'd be able to get a game price matched. But it still doesn't get around the problem of the store which is being price matched having to have the game in stock. I'll have to hope that I get somebody who doesn't care enough to call and check. I'm usually pretty lucky with that. But then again, I've never tried to price match an online price or get a $60 game for $10 before.[/QUOTE]

I concur. Was thinking the exact same thing.
Does Best Buy match the prices of Internet retailers?
No. Best Buy does not match the prices of Internet-only retailers or the website prices of our local retail competitors' stores. If, however, a local retail competitor has the same or lower price as its online store and the customer can provide verification of the in-store price, Best Buy will match the price (so long as all other price match policy criteria are met).
via. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment...ee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011

If that's possible than it would be a go. Apparently a different Best Buy farther from me is allowing the PM, I'm gonna give it a go there soon.

[quote name='walkonshadows']To those of you who were hoping to get Arkham City for $10, you can get Arkham Asylum GOTY and Arkham City for $7.49 at amazon right now via digital download (they both activate on Steam):

Batman deal live now, $7.49 with the OCTOFUN1 (Just checked and it's still active, one use per account). Remember they both activate on Steam:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009L4KQVE/?tag=cheapassgam08-20

batman_with_octocode.jpg
[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU! This is a killer deal!

I managed to get SC2 PM at best buy. I thought about D3 and Skyrim but honestly I don't have time to grind those games out. I also don't think my 4 year old rig can handle Skyrim and D3 on high settings. I tried to get Battlefield 3 but was shot down. I heard that game looks amazing if you have a high end rig.

Oh well got SC2 and the others though. Thanks!

I stopped by my local Toys R Us yesterday, they only had RAGE and Batman. So I walked over to Best Buy in the same complex. I was able to get Skyrim and Starcraft 2 pricematched without much of a hassle. I had the same sales associate from when I signed up for the magazine subscription and used the coupons for ME3. Really knowledgeable and super helpful.

[quote name='Bakou2']Just went to BB, and they wouldn't match any because they are clearance... You guys are lucky...[/QUOTE]

Try another store if you have one. I believe the cashier can do the pm without a manager's 'key'. The cashier looked up the prices at the register then went and asked her manager and s/he must have approved it.

Saw this on the STEAM forums
EDIT: Best Buy just told me that they recently implemented a no-price-matching policy for Toys-R-Us, so price matching is most likely NOT going to be an option if your local store is sold out.

As for the new PM policy for online ads for local B&M stores, I still can't find anything on the policy.

Not being able to PM Toys-R-Us's normal deals would suck. I don't remember them having a sale that was too easily exploited at Best Buy, though? The 2 for $70 deals couldn't have been that bad, and I don't think any of their insane $9.98 clearance drops have shown up online until now.

I was able to get a price match on MW3, Battlefield3, SC2, and Diablo 3. It seemed like a manager override was required when the second game was put on. (Skyrim not available :cry:)

Apparently the distinction vs. the new policy that could be an issue was the lack of the being able to add items to a cart (not possible for in-store only toys r us). I can't imagine why bestbuy is matching these though; toys r us locally does not even stock PC games. The manager seemed to feel that being a page that indicated it could theoretically be bought from a toys r us was sufficient though.

I manage to get SC2 and D3 pricematched at local BB. Person doing it for me at CS was pretty nice about it, she even ask that I show her on my phone the competitor price. She was shocked at the low prices, especially D3, but complied with it. Pretty much smooth sailing.

Thanks to all in this thread. Went to Best Buy and got Diablo 3 and Star Craft 2 price matched. Just asked the guy if they would price match TRU and he said no problem. Already had the web pages pulled up for each game and that was good enough.

I also wanted AC:R but it wasn't in stock. So what's he do? Price matches AND orders it with free shipping, sent to my house! Holy crap, best CSR ever!

So the Target in State College, PA price matched Skyrim, Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2. Even though we aren't close to a ToysRUs. Anybody in the area might want to check it out.

[quote name='MellowSeth']Just got back from BB. Picked up SCII today and Diablo 3, Skyrim and MW3 yesterday for 10 ea. Thanks haha[/QUOTE]

Did you use your phone to show them the TRU pricing or did they look it up?

[quote name='Hyd12o']Did you use your phone to show them the TRU pricing or did they look it up?[/QUOTE]

They looked it up on the website both days.

Tried my phone today, he looked at it and went and looked it up on the computer anyway lol

[quote name='Hyd12o']Did you use your phone to show them the TRU pricing or did they look it up?[/QUOTE]

FWIW, when I did it, one store looked up the price when I bought Diablo. The other one made me use my phone to buy Starcraft. With Best Buy these kind of deals are always YMMV based on whoever's helping you/the manager on duty.

I just went to a BB and got them to price match D3. The employee said he couldn't allow a price match with that kind of difference, but the manager said he'd allow it if Toys R' Us had it in stock (which they did).

[quote name='MellowSeth']Just got back from BB. Picked up SCII today and Diablo 3, Skyrim and MW3 yesterday for 10 ea. Thanks haha[/QUOTE]

How did you get them to PM SC2 with no online ad?

Not sure how you guys are getting so lucky, I got shut down at BB Target and Walmart. All 3 called the store to verify stock. Was really hoping to get SC2 and D3 at that price.

bread's done
Back