TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

Ghostrain

CAGiversary!
[quote name='shrike4242']Stop with all of the trade/sell/buy requests in here, effective immediately.

Put all of those requests in here, please:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='shrike4242']
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329477
[/QUOTE]

Just went into my local TRU and spotted their PC section looking barren, and cheap too!

Found Batman Arkham City, The Sims 3 (Pets and Ambitions too), Battlefield 3, Call of Duty MW3, Starcraft II, Assassin's Creed Revelations, and RAGE all on PC for $9.98 each.

I know there's a TRU Clearance thread, but this seemed big enough to post about on its own.

I know this pic is blurry, but it's the best I could do:

m0rTC.jpg

Can get a pic of my Starcraft II receipt if you'd like too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Honeybaked Ham']Not sure how you guys are getting so lucky, I got shut down at BB Target and Walmart. All 3 called the store to verify stock. Was really hoping to get SC2 and D3 at that price.[/QUOTE]
it is basically trial and error, you gotta keep trying, until you are sucessful

[quote name='Hyd12o']Did you use your phone to show them the TRU pricing or did they look it up?[/QUOTE]

At my BB, they did both. They looked at the print out and then they checked the TRU website. At the end, the manager also had to override the PM.

[quote name='Honeybaked Ham']Not sure how you guys are getting so lucky, I got shut down at BB Target and Walmart. All 3 called the store to verify stock. Was really hoping to get SC2 and D3 at that price.[/QUOTE]

I am glad that my local BB let me PM TRU's pricing on those games. Just got SC2 x2 for my friend and I.

Here's the link to SC2 on TRU website if anyone needs it

[quote name='jw430']At my BB, they did both. They looked at the print out and then they checked the TRU website. At the end, the manager also had to override the PM.

I am glad that my local BB let me PM TRU's pricing on those games. Just got SC2 x2 for my friend and I.[/QUOTE]
i can never understand the policy with pricematching at bb, if i can find the item at tru, why in the hell would i waste my time trying to get a pricematch at your store ,lol

[quote name='YBX87']i can never understand the policy with pricematching at bb, if i can find the item at tru, why in the hell would i waste my time trying to get a pricematch at your store ,lol[/QUOTE]

Reward zone points, store credit via trade-ins and with this sale, most people's TRUs have already been picked apart for any worthwhile game.

[quote name='YBX87']i can never understand the policy with pricematching at bb, if i can find the item at tru, why in the hell would i waste my time trying to get a pricematch at your store ,lol[/QUOTE]

yeah its pretty frustrating logic on their part

Picked up StarCraft 2 from TRU when this first went live. Later tried to PM Skyrim at BB with no luck. Figured I'd swing back in today and try. I walked up to the register with it, figuring it wouldn't work, as soon as I said I wanted to pricematch it, the guy said, 9.99, Toys'R'Us, right? I was kind of shocked, but he seemed stoked to do it, waited for the manager override. She came over and looked apprehensive about it, and he assured her it was a legit TRU pricematch. No hassle, was awesome.

[quote name='YBX87']it is basically trial and error, you gotta keep trying, until you are sucessful[/QUOTE]
This indeed

Went today, they didn't have much at all. Couple of crappy Sims games and about 20 copies of WoW Cataclysm. That will probably drop to $5 at Best Buy soon. No big deal. Went next door to Best Buy and PM'd Diablo III and Starcraft 2. I also met a possible CAG today in TRU. He suggested PMing it at Best Buy and I did, and it worked without a hitch. Paid nothing for it since I had credit. I owe a big thanks to him. Best Buy didn't even call TRU to see if they had copies so I'm glad for that too.

Couldn't find Skyrim. Also dissapointed that they didn't have Guild Wars in TRU. But even if they did, it's still new and so they probably wouldn't have it for $10 like how they have Pandaria for $40.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrSuborbian88']I just went to a BB and got them to price match D3. The employee said he couldn't allow a price match with that kind of difference, but the manager said he'd allow it if Toys R' Us had it in stock (which they did).[/QUOTE]
That's the first time I've heard of them calling and having it in-stock. Tell me you rushed over to that TRU right after and picked up copies from there too lol

[quote name='inm8num2']So I have the worst luck with the price match, it seems, since almost everyone is getting it at BB.

:([/QUOTE]
I feel for y'all. Gonna be persistant and try another BB tomorrow, heard from another CAG in my area that this BB price-matches. Fingas crossed

So get this guys I go to my local BB where I picked up a Diablo 3 on Friday and wanted to get an extra copy and Starcraft for a friend of mine. I noticed the PC shelf was barren and asked a friend/employee there what gives. He asks "trying to do the TRU deal huh?" and he tells me that some guy bought EVERY COPY of MW3, D3, SC2, and more at a nearby BB then came to my local one where they told him NOPE and proceeded to pull all the games and tags off the shelf and put them back in warehouse.

He grabbed the games for me, PM'ed, and I picked up a few BDs as well.

[quote name='Romeo']So get this guys mi go to my local BB where I picked up a Diablo 3 on Friday and wanted to get an extra copy and Starcraft for a friend of mine. I noticed the PC shelf was barren and asked a friend/employee there what gives. He asks "trying to do the TRU deal huh?" and p tells me that some guy bought EVERY COPY of MW3, D3, SC3, and more at a nearby BB then came to my local onel where they told him NOPE and proceeded to pull all the games and tags off the shelf and put them back in warehouse.

He grabbed the games for me, PM'ed, and picked up a few BDs as well.[/QUOTE]

And this is yet another example of how people "buying extra copies to "help" out others is complete BS. Hoarders/Flippers are ruining it for everyone else. Time to rename this site GAG (Greedy Ass Gamer). If a mod sees this, why not consider whether this behavior by other CAG's should be protected/condoned before deleting this post.

[quote name='Romeo']So get this guys I go to my local BB where I picked up a Diablo 3 on Friday and wanted to get an extra copy and Starcraft for a friend of mine. I noticed the PC shelf was barren and asked a friend/employee there what gives. He asks "trying to do the TRU deal huh?" and he tells me that some guy bought EVERY COPY of MW3, D3, SC2, and more at a nearby BB then came to my local onel where they told him NOPE and proceeded to pull all the games and tags off the shelf and put them back in warehouse.

He grabbed the games for me, PM'ed, and I picked up a few BDs as well.[/QUOTE]
They told me at my Best Buy that I could only PM one of each game. Looks like there are some Best Buys that know even less about PM procedure than mine.

[quote name='walkonshadows']And this is yet another example of how people "buying extra copies to "help" out others is complete BS. Hoarders/Flippers are ruining it for everyone else.[/QUOTE]

I bought two copies of SC2 , took it right to a friends house, where he installed the DVD and had to download a 1.2GB patch as well.

The guy I'm told bought 5+ copies of several games, cleaning the store out. That's obviously a scam not someone being friendly.

[quote name='walkonshadows']And this is yet another example of how people "buying extra copies to "help" out others is complete BS. Hoarders/Flippers are ruining it for everyone else. Time to rename this site GAG (Greedy Ass Gamer). If a mod sees this, why not consider whether this behavior by other CAG's should be protected/condoned before deleting this post.[/QUOTE]

+1 million REP
When I got a PM at Best Buy, I only took my share, 1 Skyrim game.

then came to my local one where they told him NOPE and proceeded to pull all the games and tags off the shelf and put them back in warehouse.
Your saying the hoading buyer pulled all the games off the shelf and removed the tags?

Best Buy is pretty nice about it, but yeah some guy had 20 boxes (5 X (D3, SC2, BF3, and ACR)) on the counter at customer service when I was picking up Borderlands 2. Sucks if other people wanted to get in on it. When I left, I think they were still trying to decide if they should let the guy buy them.

[quote name='Romeo']So get this guys I go to my local BB where I picked up a Diablo 3 on Friday and wanted to get an extra copy and Starcraft for a friend of mine. I noticed the PC shelf was barren and asked a friend/employee there what gives. He asks "trying to do the TRU deal huh?" and he tells me that some guy bought EVERY COPY of MW3, D3, SC2, and more at a nearby BB then came to my local one where they told him NOPE and proceeded to pull all the games and tags off the shelf and put them back in warehouse.

He grabbed the games for me, PM'ed, and I picked up a few BDs as well.[/QUOTE]

Damn that dude got his MF hustle on lmao

So in Summary:

To the guy who found the TRU and posted it here letting others CAGs know: You're Awesome!

To the guy who suggested the Price Match idea with Walmart and Best Buy when some CAGs couldn't find PC games at their local TRU: You're Awesome too!

To the guy(s) who horded (bought multiple) copies of the Diablo 3, SC2 and etc to profit or sell to CAGs (or ebay, Amazon, and etc) under the guise of "helping." fuck you! You're a piece of SHIT.

BTW: got my copy of Diablo 3 from my local Best Buy, no issues with Price Matching but I think I was early before hoarders started going to BB/Walmart to snag every copy of Diablo 3, SC2, BF3, and Skyrim.

Got my copy of Diablo 3 :D today from another BestBuy in my area. It was super easy. It was a quick in and out and I was told at the store that I got my copy of Diablo 3 that the Colorado stores in my area are not even requiring a managers override anymore because so many people are taking advantage of the deal. They said that the higher ups have just set the price match in place in the system and that it is currently flowing through the system. I am not sure if that means corporate or just the stores in our region but I am assuming it is more than just that store because they said stores but anyway I would recommend that everyone just keep on trying and I wish everyone luck who has been having trouble getting a match. Once again if it would help anyone out to have pictures of receipts to use in your talks with managers to show other stores are price matching let me know and I will get mine posted up showing Diablo 3, Skyrim, and Starcraft 2. Also for all of my Colorado CAGS the store at 5395 S Wadsworth Blvd in Lakewood only has 1 copy of both Diablo 3 and Skyrim left. Good Luck Everyone :)!

Has anyone had any luck price matching at Target? I've never tried it there before, and actually I'm not even sure if they price match at all. I'm trying to score a copy of Skyrim if I can.

[quote name='xland1']Has anyone had any luck price matching at Target? I've never tried it there before, and actually I'm not even sure if they price match at all. I'm trying to score a copy of Skyrim if I can.[/QUOTE]

They do, but they seem very strict with their PM policy.

[quote name='xland1']Has anyone had any luck price matching at Target? I've never tried it there before, and actually I'm not even sure if they price match at all. I'm trying to score a copy of Skyrim if I can.[/QUOTE]

Tried today and they told me they only match offers from physical ads, meaning the official circular from TRU.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Walmart will do a PM based on what I show them on my phone? Got shot down at TRU, but I might go into Walmart to try this.[/QUOTE]

Extreme YMMV. I got very lucky with Diablo 3, with no objections other than having both a CSM and a manager come over to approve it.

Second time for Skyrim (at a few different WMs) was an ordeal. First one was denied right away, second time is detailed a page or two back involving my old lady. Got ugly, but they caved and I got Skyrim for $10.

Finally made it in to my local (~40 miles) TRU, no Skyrim. Guy working there I spoke to as I left remarked on how they had the "lamest collection of PC games in town".

Not wrong :(

if you type this thread title into google search, it is pratically everywhere at all the major forum, whether it being gear toward gaming or not. it is basically like the bestbuy blowout sale, when the list was leaked before the sale even started,lol and ppl were pre-buying the game.

[quote name='Calipup']When does this deal end? Want to go to my local Toys R Us and see if they have any.[/QUOTE]
the deal ends when tru pulls the price listings of those games from their website.

While in Dallas visiting family, and attending the state fair for once, I searched for Diablo 3 at a TRU, but they had all their PC stuff locked behind the door where they keep extra games and electronic stuff.

So I went to a nearby Best Buy. The guy there was surprised at the price. He checked on his computer that I didn't make the thing up, and then asked me if one of the nearby TRUs had it. I told him that I believed one of them should have one. He then sold me D3 for $9.99. :D

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Walmart will do a PM based on what I show them on my phone? Got shot down at TRU, but I might go into Walmart to try this.[/QUOTE]

Walmart does not PM online retail stores according to the PM policy, but it is YMMV.

Target does not PM online retail stores, and you need a hard copy of the AD in hand.

Cloulien - I think it depends on your area. & how the manager is

Target is definitely a no-go, Wal-Mart not likely, and Best Buy you at least have a chance but it varies. No success yet but hopefully this other BB will work.

I'd like an answer as to why my post about best buy banning scalpers was deleted. I see no reason why my long and detailed post is now gone.

[quote name='halcyonDayz']anyone in Cali bay area get a successful price match?[/QUOTE]

You can try Emeryville store, I got my D3 & SC2 there, no questions asked. Pleasant Hill was a no go for me...

[quote name='MellowSeth']So glad I live in an area with almost no competition haha[/QUOTE]

Same...oh wait your from GA *glares*

Any cags in Florida able to pricematch at bb?
Orange Park, Fl was a no go because manager said is was way below the cost of what they sell it for so he wouldn't sell it to me even though the associate was going to do it.

I went in with a friend to BB, and tried to get three copies of skyrim. The cashier was surprised, and called the manager to approve. He said TRU had to have it in stock for it to work, but he'd let me get one copy anyway(we never checked if TRU had it in stock, but im sure they didn't). I asked him if I could get 2, since my friend who was with me wanted one, so he let me get 2 copies.

I guess that's fine, since I just wanted a third copy to try and sell for 20, and make my money back, but 10 dollars is pretty cheap anyways. At least me and my friend got one.

I find it weird many people are asking about the inventories, and PM's of local TRU's, and BB's when it would be much easier just to call the store and ask. Even if some random person told you it was there, it may be gone by the time you go. The only way to know is to call.

[quote name='MC Kage']Pretty sure the online store page for Skyrim is gone now. Just a heads up.[/QUOTE]

yep its gone. just got ready to send the links to my phone to go PM at BB...its no where on the site :whistle2:(

Does anyone have a screenshot for Starcraft when it was 9.98?

I can get best buy to price match it.

[quote name='BigPoppa99']Has any New York CAGS been to the Toys R Us in Times Square? Whats the inventory like?[/QUOTE]

Don't even bother, go to BB on 5 ave, or the one on 23rd street.

They PM me no questions asked.

I got the last copy of both battlefield and diablo from 23rd though.

bread's done
Back