TRU Big Book Coupons - OP updated AGAIN

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Okay I just received TRU's annual Big Book and it has coupons of the following.

NOTE: These are bonus coupons that are only sent out to people through the mail.

20% off a single item (no diapers, baby formula, game hardware), this coupon is different than the 20% off any one clothing or shoe item. This particular one is a little card glue to the coupon sheet.

OR

$10 of a $100 purchase

Note: This coupon can be found in ALL Big Books

A FREE $10 GC with a purchase of $75 or more (NOTE: Giftcard must be redeemed BEFORE Jan. 1st 2008)

Usual exclusions apply (no game hardware) and you can't stack the coupons (YMMV: You may be able to stack them if you get someone who is willing to do so). And they are NOT VALID ONLINE, the coupons are strictly B&M. I don't have scans or anything but I figure this could be useful for a lot of the games coming out in the next two months.

Also, if your address is in their system then you will receive the book probably within the next few days.

The coupons are valid from 10/28 - 12/24.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']

Also, if your address is in their system then you will receive the book probably within the next few days.[/quote]

People actually give them their info?

I have never ever gotten it in the mail, and never will, it has always came in the Sunday Newspaper.

Does anyone have scans or even know if it's possible to be sent the cupon in this amount of time? or can I just skip the hassel altogether and pick it up in a sunday ad. some confirmation would be great
thx :D

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Too bad the 20% off is only good on a single item.[/QUOTE]

Whats to prevent me or anybody for that matter to make duplicates of the coupon and use them on different days?

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Remember, you can't stack the coupons.

So you'll have to get the $10 GC in a seperate transaction.[/quote]

Probably for this case...but about a month ago, I received the 20% off coupon and a $10 off $50 coupon for Geoffrey the Giraffe's birthday thing...altogether, that knocked about $16 off my purchase of Bleach DS, Zelda: PHG and Rune Factory during the B2G1F promo.

The promo, the 20% off, and the 10 off 20 stacked in that case. I can't speak for the new $10 GC since my TRU was picked clean recently.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Whats to prevent me or anybody for that matter to make duplicates of the coupon and use them on different days?[/quote]

The fact that many TRU's are cracking down on printed coupons that aren't emailers?

[quote name='sp00ge']The fact that many TRU's are cracking down on printed coupons that aren't emailers?[/QUOTE]

True.but half the people in this topic want scans of it...so how am I any different?

I'll tag this waiting for scans. If I don't get one in the mail then I'll try to use a scan. And if I get shut down then no big deal. It's worth a shot.

Guys, the 20% coupon is only for clothing and shoes.

On the bright side, Naruto for Wii is in there for 39.99, which seems to be $10 less than Best Buy and Target are selling it for. Other than that, I didn't see anything dealworthy that hasn't been mentioned already.

[quote name='ShinAkuma']Guys, the 20% coupon is only for clothing and shoes.

On the bright side, Naruto for Wii is in there for 39.99, which seems to be $10 less than Best Buy and Target are selling it for. Other than that, I didn't see anything dealworthy that hasn't been mentioned already.[/quote]

What makes you think it's only for clothing and shoes? That doesn't make sense.

I'd imagine that the 20 percent off is to do its purpose of getting parents a reason to buy some more expensive gifts off their children's list, i.e. video games, expensive toys, whatever else might take off a good amount of cash with 20 percent off.

[quote name='dg7md']What makes you think it's only for clothing and shoes? That doesn't make sense.

I'd imagine that the 20 percent off is to do its purpose of getting parents a reason to buy some more expensive gifts off their children's list, i.e. video games, expensive toys, whatever else might take off a good amount of cash with 20 percent off.[/QUOTE]

It makes me think it's only for clothing and shoes because it says so on the coupon. I just got my TRU Big Book in the mail today and yep the 20% is only for clothing and shoes.

[quote name='pimpinc333']It makes me think it's only for clothing and shoes because it says so on the coupon. I just got my TRU Big Book in the mail today and yep the 20% is only for clothing and shoes.[/quote]

Bummer, looks like I'm going to BB for GH3.

[quote name='pimpinc333']It makes me think it's only for clothing and shoes because it says so on the coupon. I just got my TRU Big Book in the mail today and yep the 20% is only for clothing and shoes.[/QUOTE]
Well, that saves me a lot of trouble. Guess I'll just take that 10% off coupon to GameStop instead of going out of the way to Toys R Us. Thanks for clearing that up.

Damn, 20% off of Guitar Hero 3 would have been nice though. Ah well.

They usually send out a couple different versions of the coupons, they try to vary it based on what you buy. Someone who buys tons of baby items may get baby coupons, etc.

wtf...so did ANY1 get a coupon for use on video games? otherwise.. are there any coupons that i can use for gh3 at other stores?

Just got mine today. There's a coupon for 20% off clothing and shoes. The 20% off any 1 item is a separate card attached to the mailer. It's about the same size as a credit card, so I'm assuming scans wouldn't work.

Don't give up I just joined their mailing list so you could still get 20% off of Rock Band that does count as one item ^_^

[quote name='pimpinc333']It makes me think it's only for clothing and shoes because it says so on the coupon. I just got my TRU Big Book in the mail today and yep the 20% is only for clothing and shoes.[/quote]
No need to get smart about it. I had no idea since the OP talked about them being used for not just clothing and shoes. It doesn't make sense anyway. Who shops at TRU for clothes, even for kids stuff?

TRU... :bomb:

[quote name='dg7md']No need to get smart about it. I had no idea since the OP talked about them being used for not just clothing and shoes. It doesn't make sense anyway. Who shops at TRU for clothes, even for kids stuff?

TRU... :bomb:[/QUOTE]

No idea but I did get the little card coupon the other CAG talked about. Mine is for 10.00 off of an 100.00 purchase. Maybe there are straight up 20% card coupons in some mailers.

wow all that hype about suing gotta deal for leaking the ad, wtf?! there's absolutely nothing I'd want there, 1)doesn't specify games,etc 2) wouldn't want to shop at the store who threatened a site like this one with a monsterous law suit.

[quote name='darkchaostitan']wow all that hype about suing gotta deal for leaking the ad, wtf?! there's absolutely nothing I'd want there, 1)doesn't specify games,etc 2) wouldn't want to shop at the store who threatened a site like this one with a monsterous law suit.[/QUOTE]

TRU threatened CAG with a lawsuit? I knew CC did but TRU?

scans of the coupon won't work, they are the normal card type. unless you get some sucker to actually accept them. the coupons will not be on the instore copies of the big book. the coupon came with the mailed ones, the 10dollar gift card coupon is attached to the sunday papers, not the instore coupons.

[quote name='silentdeath5']Got the big book today and all it has is a 25 dollars off 250 dollars so no 20%[/QUOTE]

yeah, the coupons vary. I got 10 off 100 on mine.

Got mine today and the 20% coupon for clothing and shoes only. It also had a $10 off $100 card and a coupon for a $10 gift card for purchases over $75.

Only to clothing and shoes on all variations of the coupon? Damn there goes a good deal...

[quote name='dg7md']Only to clothing and shoes on all variations of the coupon? Damn there goes a good deal...[/quote]And written in small print that many people will not notice. Expect TRU to get massive hate... which it does deserve for such a fine use of small print.

[quote name='Deadend']And written in small print that many people will not notice. Expect TRU to get massive hate... which it does deserve for such a fine use of small print.[/quote]
It's not that small of print. It's 2-3x larger than the fine print and it's DIRECTLY underneath the 20% OFF. If you miss it, then it's your own fault for not reading the whole top section.

[quote name='sp00ge']It's not that small of print. It's 2-3x larger than the fine print and it's DIRECTLY underneath the 20% OFF. If you miss it, then it's your own fault for not reading the whole top section.[/quote]Well, I work at TRU, and I am 1/2 pissed off games are not covered for myself, and half because oh dear lord am I going to be hated for it.

[quote name='Deadend']Well, I work at TRU, and I am 1/2 pissed off games are not covered for myself, and half because oh dear lord am I going to be hated for it.[/quote]

I worked for TRU for several years and I have no pity for the consumer that is too lazy to read everything. I understand where you coming from. People read only what they want to see and somehow refuse to acknowledge what they don't want to, no matter how obvious.

I used to sympathize with them and apologize, but after so long, I didn't care. I'd point it out to them and that's that.

However, several weeks ago I did receive a 20% off any one item card in the mail. I had totally forgotten about it until today. I'm using it tomorrow to get the life-sized Dora for my daughter for xmas.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Ummmm no my coupon says ANY ONE ITEM other than diapers, forumla, and game hardware.[/quote]

Scan?

Okay...we got our paths crossed.

I got two seperate 20% off cards.

The one I was talking about AND the one your are talking about.

Oh and I guess you CAN stack up the coupons, but it is probably YMMV.

Okay I think I figured it out.

The bonus savings cards are different.

I got the 20% off any one item and spooge got $10 off $100. So there might be different ones than those floating around or you will get either of those two.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Okay I think I figured it out.

The bonus savings cards are different.

I got the 20% off any one item and spooge got $10 off $100. So there might be different ones than those floating around or you will get either of those two.[/quote]

I was just thinking that. It probably varies from market to market. Regardless, scanning is not an option as they're two-sided cards, with the description on the front and the barcode on the back.

Can you update the OP to reflect both card variations?

[quote name='sp00ge']I was just thinking that. It probably varies from market to market. Regardless, scanning is not an option as they're two-sided cards, with the description on the front and the barcode on the back.

Can you update the OP to reflect both card variations?[/quote]

Done.

And if anyone gets a different bonus coupon please post it here and I will update the OP.

[quote name='JediBaja']I've seen a bunch of Big Books locked up in my TRU office.

Transactions still call for the cashier to ask for a customers phone number. I usually just make one up though...[/quote]

Just tell them no when they ask u to leave the ph#, u don't have to give it to them.

I got one that says $15 off purchase of $150 with toys r us credit card. excludes gift cards, diapers, VG hardware. Good for video games though.

also got free $10 gift card with $75 purchase

I guess those bonus coupons are based off of how much you shop there.

If you're a frequent shopper (ie: your number gets entered into their computer a lot), you get the better coupons.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I guess those bonus coupons are based off of how much you shop there.

If you're a frequent shopper (ie: your number gets entered into their computer a lot), you get the better coupons.[/quote]

I dunno. I've spent quite a bit there in the past year and I would much rather have the 20% off ANY one item. :???:

bread's done
Back