TRU - Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off on ALL Nintendo DS Games

Hmm, sounds good. Too bad I got almost all the DS games I want that are out so far. My DS backlog is growing by the days... though I could use Rhythm Heaven and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D.

[quote name='Teeheehee']... though I could use Rhythm Heaven.[/QUOTE]

Don't bother with this game...well unless you actually have rhythm but it was torturous for someone like me.

[quote name='Chlorox']Don't bother with this game...well unless you actually have rhythm but it was torturous for someone like me.[/QUOTE]

+1
I would say unless you can S rank everything on Elite Beat Agents pass on Rhythm Heaven. It was very frustrating for me.

[quote name='rdogg1026']I just saw this on the TOYS R US AD 5 DAYS AGO!

LOOK UP![/QUOTE]

lol at the ad police. Never fails.

[quote name='skubish']+1
I would say unless you can S rank everything on Elite Beat Agents pass on Rhythm Heaven. It was very frustrating for me.[/QUOTE]

I don't have the patience to retry Ouendan and EBA for S Ranks, though I did beat all the levels. I already beat Rhythm Heaven, got at least 10 or so perfects, and 25 superb medals or so. Getting perfects are incredibly annoying though, but backup saves could help with that (not that I've used it yet). It's just a game I feel is worth owning though. But being a completionist really makes it much harder to swallow, but since I already invested enough time in it, it should be ok.

[quote name='snatcher33']I want Chinatown Wars, but can't for the life of me think of another DS game?[/QUOTE]

Rhythm Heaven? Chrono Trigger?

Damn good deal. Ah well I just bought all the DS games I needed for much cheaper on eBay. Got Ultimate Mortal Kombat for $15 brand new sealed, New Super Mario Bros for $16 brand new sealed, Mario Kart DS for $15 brand new sealed. Only game left is Korg DS but TRU definitely doesn't sell this game.

[quote name='snatcher33']I want Chinatown Wars, but can't for the life of me think of another DS game?[/QUOTE]

Your better off waiting. Chinatown Wars has been on sale several times for $20. Most recently it was $23.xx at Amazon a week or two ago.

Technically if you're buying in bulk, it's cheaper to wait for their usual "buy 2 get one free" DS game sale. But if there are a couple you've been dying to play, or that you don't think will be available a few months from now, then by all means...

roc's feather;5939926 said:
Technically if you're buying in bulk, it's cheaper to wait for their usual "buy 2 get one free" DS game sale. But if there are a couple you've been dying to play, or that you don't think will be available a few months from now, then by all means...

Plus, with the regular B2G1F, you can mix and match games from different systems.

I would cancel my amazon order of knights in the nightmare if they would get it on time for the sale.

[quote name='Bootleg Zani']Damn good deal. Ah well I just bought all the DS games I needed for much cheaper on eBay. Got Ultimate Mortal Kombat for $15 brand new sealed, New Super Mario Bros for $16 brand new sealed, Mario Kart DS for $15 brand new sealed. Only game left is Korg DS but TRU definitely doesn't sell this game.[/QUOTE]
Check to make sure they're not bootlegs.

dude, ebay blows with the bootlegs.

It's hard to get rid of some of my DS games on ebay because some loser from HK is selling knockoffs for pennies.

I picked up 2x Advance Wards Days of Ruin today for $15.

Excellent; perfect timing, since I'm picking up The Legendary Starfy tomorrow; gonna get me some Rhythm Heaven! Loved the demo, love the challenge; bring it on!

Just saw this on Twitter. Expires June 13th and excludes
signature_deepthakur.jpg

[quote name='confoosious']dude, ebay blows with the bootlegs.

It's hard to get rid of some of my DS games on ebay because some loser from HK is selling knockoffs for pennies.

I picked up 2x Advance Wards Days of Ruin today for $15.[/QUOTE]

There is your problem right there. You would have less to "get rid of" if you didn't buy 2 at a time. :lol:

[quote name='J7.']Check to make sure they're not bootlegs.[/QUOTE]

All of those games with the exception of Mortal Kombat are not a good sign they are "Brand New Sealed", lol. Those two are like one of the most bootlegged games on eBay. gl @_@

[quote name='trunks982']I have Rhythm Tengoku for the GBA and I really like it. But, Rhythm Heaven is hard.[/QUOTE]

I've been wondering: are they different games, or is Rhythm Heaven just a DS port?

Grabbed FIFA 09 and CrossworDS for $30 after I came back yesterday to get the deal price, since I bought the games Saturday. Of course I didn't know FIFA 09 was $15 to start with before :whistle2:/

[quote name='Teeheehee']I don't have the patience to retry Ouendan and EBA for S Ranks, though I did beat all the levels. I already beat Rhythm Heaven, got at least 10 or so perfects, and 25 superb medals or so. Getting perfects are incredibly annoying though, but backup saves could help with that (not that I've used it yet). It's just a game I feel is worth owning though. But being a completionist really makes it much harder to swallow, but since I already invested enough time in it, it should be ok.[/QUOTE]Once you get all the medals, you have a perfect opportunity on every play.

[quote name='eau']Does the deal work on clearance DS games?[/QUOTE]

Yesterday I picked up New Super Mario and Pokemon Platinum along with Geometry Wars Galaxies. The 50% came off of Pokemon and not GW, now I'm not sure if that was because it just doesn't come off of the clearance game, or if you have to buy two clearance games to get the discount. Though, I'm leaning towards that the B1 G1 50% off is for regularly priced games.

[quote name='jello44']Yesterday I picked up New Super Mario and Pokemon Platinum along with Geometry Wars Galaxies. The 50% came off of Pokemon and not GW, now I'm not sure if that was because it just doesn't come off of the clearance game, or if you have to buy two clearance games to get the discount. Though, I'm leaning towards that the B1 G1 50% off is for regularly priced games.[/QUOTE]

The system automatically groups games by price point and gives you the discount accordingly. The system won't screw you and give the the discount on the cheapest of the 3 games, insted they will give you the discount on the lowest of your 2 highest games.

If you were to get 2 $35 games and 2 $10 games, there system is smart enough to give you a discount on a $35 and $10 game, instead of discounting both $10 games.

Regular price vs. clearance price has nothing to do with it.

[quote name='jello44']Yesterday I picked up New Super Mario and Pokemon Platinum along with Geometry Wars Galaxies. The 50% came off of Pokemon and not GW, now I'm not sure if that was because it just doesn't come off of the clearance game, or if you have to buy two clearance games to get the discount. Though, I'm leaning towards that the B1 G1 50% off is for regularly priced games.[/QUOTE]

It works on clearance games. You bought 3 games, so you're second most expensive one was free - it has nothing to do with the other one being on clearance.

Edit: What prim4444 wrote.

[quote name='prim4444']The system automatically groups games by price point and gives you the discount accordingly. The system won't screw you and give the the discount on the cheapest of the 3 games, insted they will give you the discount on the lowest of your 2 highest games.

If you were to get 2 $35 games and 2 $10 games, there system is smart enough to give you a discount on a $35 and $10 game, instead of discounting both $10 games.

Regular price vs. clearance price has nothing to do with it.[/QUOTE]

Good to know, even the clerk wasn't too sure. Most places do try to screw you like that, in my experience anyway.

[quote name='jello44']Good to know, even the clerk wasn't too sure. Most places do try to screw you like that, in my experience anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I found that the Gamestop buy 2 get 1 free sale now is more fair. I used to have to ring up separate transactions to make sure I got the best deal but now their computer groups them in your favor which is nice for a change.

Also on the ebay bootleg DS games- I tend to search within about 500 miles or so of my zip code which eliminates all the China knock-off games.

To avoid bootleg DS titles, I limit my eBay searches to North America. Even then it's possible to get some; it always helps to see a detailed description of the item, as well as pictures if any.

I collect DS games; I have 233 and I've bought a ton of them through eBay, half.com, and the Amazon marketplace; fortunately I haven't gotten any bootlegs.

Was able to get The Legendary Starfy and finally decided to get around to picking up Castlevania:Order of Ecclesia for $14.99 Both qualified for free shipping so it was a pretty good deal.

bread's done
Back