TRU Buy 2 get $40 question

spikedzombies

CAGiversary!
So im looking at this deal online and

I CANNOT SEE IN ANY FINE PRINT

that it does NOT include pre-orders

So... Can anyone find in any of the fine print anywhere that it doesn't include pre orders?

EDIT** a little more clarity

the ad in the TRU 10/27 Paper STATES

Free $40 Gift Card 

WHEN YOU BUY ANY TWO VIDEO GAMES PRICED AT $59.99 OR MORE*

AVAILABLE IN STORE ONLY

THE * STATES Link http://weeklyad.toysrus.com/ToysRUs/BrowseByPage?storeid=2561610&promotionviewmode=2&promotioncode=ToysRUs-131027&listingid=0&sneakpeek=N&pagenumber=1

and photo from ad scan

it DOES NOT STATE ANYWHERE that it is

1 - LIMITED TO A CERTAIN SELECTION OF GAMES

2 - EXCLUDES PRE-ORDERS

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought this was for the 3ds 2 for 40 sale.  Guess it's something else.

No, it just says "click to view eligible titles" and takes you to a totally ass backwards non-relevant completely off the wall list of titles that are in no way related to the sale!

No, it just says "click to view eligible titles" and takes you to a totally ass backwards non-relevant completely off the wall list of titles that are in no way related to the sale!
where does it say CLICK to view eligible titles? nowhere on my screen on toysrus.com does it say that or in the add i have in front of me.

and deathblade2 your wrong, this is $40 gift card for buying 2 games at $59.99.. nothing to do with 3DS

You guys are idiots.

There are two different promotions:

1. Buy 2 select Nintendo 3DS games for $40. This is available online but only includes 8 games.

2. Buy two $59.99 or more video games get a $40 Gift Card. This is ONLY available IN-STORE! So why people would ask if it includes preorders is beyond me as you can't preorder and pay off in full a game in-store at TRU.

So can we end the confusion?

Besides... Any TRU deal that involves a Gift Card is ALWAYS in-store ONLY!

I get that these are titles come with a $40 gift card, but these seem like titles that are going to be on sale for Black Friday.  (By these titles, I mean the ones pictured, I understand that the promotion applies to other titles)  At this point in time, wouldn't it be better off to wait and see if you can pick up 2 games for $50-70 on Black Friday?  Usually, the Assassin's Creed titles are always marked down for Black Friday, (I got ACIII for $30 or so last Black Friday at Best Buy) so it might be worth waiting.   Either way, thanks for the deal.

Ok, OP edited his post.  Originally it was "2/$40" in the title.  That's why I mentioned the DS games.  Now that he added more info, I see he wasn't referring to that.

Ok, OP edited his post. Originally it was "2/$40" in the title. That's why I mentioned the DS games. Now that he added more info, I see he wasn't referring to that.
You're right it was an awful title.

Made it even worse that he mentioned preorders.

bread's done
Back