TRU - Buy 2 get third FREE (all platforms) 10/27

[quote name='rebthor'][quote name='msdmoney']I probably won't get any $50 games for this deal. Games drop so fast that most of the $50 games will be down to $30 or less by the new year, just depends on how badly you want the game I guess.[/quote]
In general I agree, but when you look at first/second party Nintedo releases, especially for Mario, Metroid or Zelda, it is really hard to find a price drop within the first year, if not longer. For example, I don't think that I have ever seen Super Mario Sunshine lower than $29.
That means that buying something like Paper Mario during this week a great deal. The only question is what other games will hold their MSRP value for a long time so you feel like you got a good deal. I am leaning towards Phantom Brave, but I don't know what the 3rd title should be. I'd love to grab Burnout 3, but knowing how EA heavily discounts titles whenever a sequel nears, I'd almost rather wait.
Too bad that MP:Echoes and Mario Tennis will be releaed too late to get a deal on them...[/quote]

Yeah you should always go for the games that will hold a high MSRP for a long time in these sales, like Nintendo first party titles, otherwise that 49.99 title will drop to $29.99 right after you buy it.

is this really going to happen because i want to buy monster hunter this weekend
Still sure you want it?
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/monsterhunter/review.html

Plus, I would just wait to see what BingBangBoom says, he said he should have more details in the next week or two. They have had it every year for a few years now, so I would think they would do it again. Other TRU employees have also said its going to happen. Patience is a virtue...

yeah but i keep reading them and then all the consumer reviews are around 8.5. These guys are basing it on the single to much. Im in it for online. Thats one reason its so low.

wow i feel like a jackass. Well i guess ill pick up gta with this then. Wonder what they will do if i buy 2 ea sports game. IF ill get 2 free weird question huh.

I think I'll have to drop some serious cash next month. I'm looking at:

Paper Mario 2
Shin Megami Tensei
Shadow Hearts: Covenant

And there are several $20 titles I want to pick up:

Jak II
Ratchet and Clank: GC
Katamari Damacy
NBA 2K5
plus a bunch of older GH titles

Any recommendations?

A couple questions...

1. Is this deal running from that Wednesday to Sunday, or is it going to be running Wednesday to Wednesday?
2. For those that worked there last year during this deal, what were shipments looking like as far as video games go? There's a couple games that come out towards the end of the deal, and I'm looking to get them with a game that came out these past couple weeks (Fable, Battlefront). Will stock be replenished at a decent clip, or are there very few shipments coming in at the time?

the employee at TRU didn't know anything about this sale................................
but then again she didn't know anyting about the 50% off deal either so I might be safe.

anybody know if this sale is nationwide?
somebody mentioned to me that it wouldnt be happening on the west coast. is this true?

specifically, im looking to know if it will be happening in norther california...

[quote name='defiance_17']I think I'll have to drop some serious cash next month. I'm looking at:

Paper Mario 2
[/quote]

I don't think that's out til November.....

[quote name='Gameboy415'][quote name='defiance_17']I think I'll have to drop some serious cash next month. I'm looking at:

Paper Mario 2
[/quote]

I don't think that's out til November.....[/quote]

If by "November" you mean "October 11," then you're absolutely right!

The releases for September & October aren't looking too shabby.

Gameboy Advance
10/04
Mario Pinball Land
Metal Slug Advance
10/05
Mega Man Zero 3
10/18 Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
10/19 Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django
Grand Theft Auto Advance
10/25 Classic NES Series: Castlevania
Classic NES Series: Dr. Mario
Classic NES Series: Metroid
Classic NES Series: Zelda II

Gamecube
9/21 Mega Man X: Command Mission
Second Sight
X-Men Legends

9/27 Donkey Konga

10/11 Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
10/19 Alien Hominid

SO CLOSE...:
11/08 Mario Tennis
11/15 Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
11/16 Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
11/23 Viewtiful Joe 2

Playstation 2
9/21 Mega Man X: Command Mission
Monster Hunter
Second Sight
X-Men Legends
10/04Mortal Kombat: Deception
10/05Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude
10/11Midway Arcade Treasures 2
10/19 Alien Hominid
Time Crisis: Crisis Zone
10/26 Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Xbox
9/21Second Sight
X-Men Legends
9/30 Dead or Alive Ultimate
10/04 Mortal Kombat: Deception
10/05 Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude
10/11 Midway Arcade Treasures 2

EDIT: Added game & took away game.

Alien Hominad is also coming out for the Gamecube on 10/19, just adding this because the vidoe games for gamecube looks pretty slim in that list

i've noticed that the TRU deal coincides with the release of GTA again. I got GTA3 for free the day it came out cause of this deal.

Hoenstly, not that many GOOD games I want for XBOX. I already have MK on order from GameRush and I will eventually pick up Midway Treasures 2...but that's onyl $20

Possibly Leisure Suit Larry...but that will drop in price FAST I tend to think

[quote name='rabbitt']The releases for September & October aren't looking too shabby.[/quote]

if by "too shabby'" you mean "OMFG!!! that's fucking incredible!!!", then you're absolutely right.

When's the sale ending?

I promised that I wouldn't drop too much cash on games after MK:D comes out.

Question. If I pre-order GTA but then when I go pick it up request to have that $5.00 applied to something else? I am trying to guarantee myself a copy of GTA but also make GTA my free game ecause I will most likely not return it. I will wait for Halo 2 and Racthet 3. Does that make sense? :lol:

[quote name='godzilla123']Question. If I pre-order GTA but then when I go pick it up request to have that $5.00 applied to something else? I am trying to guarantee myself a copy of GTA but also make GTA my free game ecause I will most likely not return it. I will wait for Halo 2 and Racthet 3. Does that make sense? :lol:[/quote]

I don't know if that will work anymore. I think most TRUs are cracking down on that sort of thing and won't let you exchange the games for titles that come out after the sale period.

Or when you exchange them, you'll only get 2/3 of the original value of the game. I don't know how they do it for B2G1, but when I had a coupon, they took X.xx off each item on the ticket, so if I returned one item, I would lose part of the value of the coupon.

[quote name='defiance_17'][quote name='Gameboy415'][quote name='defiance_17']I think I'll have to drop some serious cash next month. I'm looking at:

Paper Mario 2
[/quote]

I don't think that's out til November.....[/quote]

If by "November" you mean "October 11," then you're absolutely right![/quote]

Oops. My bad........I think I was confusing it w/Metroid Prime 2 :?

[quote name='godzilla123']Question. If I pre-order GTA but then when I go pick it up request to have that $5.00 applied to something else? I am trying to guarantee myself a copy of GTA but also make GTA my free game ecause I will most likely not return it. I will wait for Halo 2 and Racthet 3. Does that make sense? :lol:[/quote]

After the cashier hits total, it will take off the free game. If it makes GTA your free game, the cashier will just need to get someone to adjust your $5 off coupon so that it will take $5 off your order instead of just GTA, so so don't worry, you won't lose your $5(or they can just refund the $5 back to you). But if you're asking if you can buy a cheaper game and get the more expensive game free, no you can't.

I wonder if you'll be able to get the green tag games Buy 2 get 1 free. Sometimes the promos won't ring together, but I'd assume they would ring up together. Hopefully it won't make you only do 1 or the other.

My only thing I wonder about is that if the sale starts 10/27, that's a Wednesday. It better not start until a Sunday because I'm a college during the week. I want to know exactly what weekend this sale is on for I can arrange to come home over that weekend.

Anyone know if this sale will last a week after 10/27. I'm hoping to get the new Guilty Gear game using this deal when it comes out at the beginning of November.

Well for 2 years in a row i had no problem returning unopened games in exchange for something else. I did have a little difficulty last year because I tried returning the free game and the skank at the Cherry Nj toy r'us was being a bitch about it. I left and took it to another and returned it with no problems. Unless it has some specific restricitions on the recept this year you should not have any problems exchanging unopened games.

[quote name='godzilla123']Well for 2 years in a row i had no problem returning unopened games in exchange for something else. I did have a little difficulty last year because I tried returning the free game and the skank at the Cherry Nj toy r'us was being a bitch about it. I left and took it to another and returned it with no problems. Unless it has some specific restricitions on the recept this year you should not have any problems exchanging unopened games.[/quote]

You can't return the game that rings up free, at least that was the case for me last year.

[quote name='DrunkTigerWoods'][quote name='godzilla123']Well for 2 years in a row i had no problem returning unopened games in exchange for something else. I did have a little difficulty last year because I tried returning the free game and the skank at the Cherry Nj toy r'us was being a bitch about it. I left and took it to another and returned it with no problems. Unless it has some specific restricitions on the recept this year you should not have any problems exchanging unopened games.[/quote]

You can't return the game that rings up free, at least that was the case for me last year.[/quote]

Yes you can just get a gift receipt for it! :roll:

I have a few questions since i dont shop in TRU for games.

1. How is their release date compared to eb & gamestop as well as other major retailers? Is it somewhat near their release calendars?

2. Do they sell M rated games? One of the games i am planning to get is Shin Megumi Tensei and was wondering if they are going to carry that.

thanks in advance.

u can Return the Free game but they wont give you cash. You got to exchange it for another game. People abuse this 2 years back. They would go buy 2 50 buck games get 1 free. Take the free one back demand 50 bucks. 2 games for 50 bucks

that is why TRU stopped doing it

In the $20 range I'm thinking Nightshade, Castlevania:LOI, and Ty 2 will make a nice set. Especially if I have some TRU credit card rebate certificates in hand by then.

Defiance_17 me and you have the same games in mind lolz. But someone please answer my questions:

1. How is their release date compared to eb & gamestop as well as other major retailers? Is it somewhat near their release calendars?

2. Do they sell M rated games? One of the games i am planning to get is Shin Megumi Tensei and was wondering if they are going to carry that. (NM SINCE EVERYONE WANTS GTA SO I ASSUME THIS IS CORRECT)

thanks in advance.

[quote name='KEYSER SOZE']Yes you can just get a gift receipt for it! :roll:[/quote]
I'm not some noob. I did that and when I went to return it, it came up in their computer that it was a free game and they said they couldnt take it.

[quote name='MadFlava']Anyone know if this sale will last a week after 10/27. I'm hoping to get the new Guilty Gear game using this deal when it comes out at the beginning of November.[/quote]

I would like to know this as well

How about through 2005, because I plan to get that new Elder Scrolls Oblivion game and that comes out a little bit after this thing starts.

Last Year when I did this, I got Crimson Skies, ESPN NBA 2k4 and some other game that I can't recall at this point. ESPN was defective, and since they didn't have any more copies, they gave me credit to use later (I forget if ESPN was the free one though)

does anyone know if i can buy 2 games, and an accesory and only pay for the two most exspensive things. i really want the halo 2 headset and men of valor, and if i can do this deal that would be perfect.

Spin03 i used to work at TRU and they wont do that, its going to have to be 3 games. You can try it but i can almost guarantee they wont do it

bread's done
Back