TRU Buy portal 2/mortal kombat 15 dollar gift card/buy both get 50 dollar gift card

[quote name='cadeSILVER']Heckuva deal. Too bad I don't want MK. If it was Portal 2 + Brink I'd be six different kinds of tempted.[/QUOTE]

And strange since Brink isn't out till next month.

Haven't I heard that Best Buy has been matching gift card offers by taking the amount of the card off the initial price? I have mine preordered there for Sub-Zero.

[quote name='TheRock88']Was gonna pick up MK and pass on Portal, but with this deal cant pass it up now. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

if BB does a straight pm thats 70 for 2 games? and then amazon usually offers 40 credit for each brand new game for the first couple weeks of release, making you money to play these 2 games for a week or so, (and you could sell the online pass codes seperately if they have any to nitpick a few extra bucks)

[quote name='FurryCurry']And strange since Brink isn't out till next month.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I know. I'm just saying that being as they're my top two games I want atm, it'd be a hell of a deal for me. :p It did come off strangely, though.

K-Mart's deal is a lot better IMO. Spend $120 (pre-tax) and you get a $60 coupon. Buy Portal 2 or MK and get $10 off a 1600 MSP or $20 PSN card. So for $130 you get a $60 coupon and a $20/1600 card plus you don't need to get both Portal 2 and MK to get the deal. Heck you don't need either game, Portal 2/MK only gives you the $10 off. Plus Crysis 2 is going to be $40 in store that week as well I believe.

Many thanks OP. Normally it would be a chore to go to my closest TRU but since my new workplace is close to one, I can go there for lunch and make it back with plenty of time to spare.

Like one poster stated, I do wonder if Best Buy will match something like that since it's a gift card deal.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']K-Mart's deal is a lot better IMO. Spend $120 (pre-tax) and you get a $60 coupon. Buy Portal 2 or MK and get $10 off a 1600 MSP or $20 PSN card. So for $130 you get a $60 coupon and a $20/1600 card plus you don't need to get both Portal 2 and MK to get the deal. Heck you don't need either game, Portal 2/MK only gives you the $10 off. Plus Crysis 2 is going to be $40 in store that week as well I believe.[/QUOTE]

can i have a link or something for this please :D

Kmart still has the better deal

Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat = 119.98 + 10.00 (20 PSN XBL CARD) = 129.98 - 60.00 in gaming certifictes = x2 games x1 20.00 card for 69.98 and tax.

You get that additional 20 XBL/PSN card for the same price as TRU

Portal 2 and MK - 119.98 - 50.00 GC = x2 games 69.98 and tax

don't waste time pointing out you need the XBL/ PSN cad to get the deal at kmart. If you are dropping 119.98 on games in one week 10.00 isn't going to make a difference.

I doubt amazon matches because they are running Portal 2 at 54.99 w/ 20 GC to match Walmart.

[quote name='blitzbllmstr']Kmart still has the better deal

Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat = 119.98 + 10.00 (20 PSN XBL CARD) = 129.98 - 60.00 in gaming certifictes = x2 games x1 20.00 card for 69.98 and tax.

You get that additional 20 XBL/PSN card for the same price as TRU

Portal 2 and MK - 119.98 - 50.00 GC = x2 games 69.98 and tax

don't waste time pointing out you need the XBL/ PSN cad to get the deal at kmart. If you are dropping 119.98 on games in one week 10.00 isn't going to make a difference.

I doubt amazon matches because they are running Portal 2 at 54.99 w/ 20 GC to match Walmart.[/QUOTE]

do you have a link or where this offer would be just wondering

[quote name='FL1PSID3']Thanks for pointing out both deals. The TRU deal is for that Tues. only. When and for how long is the K-mart deal?[/QUOTE]

i think till the 17th

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Um the top of this forum....[/QUOTE]

question how does it work you buy MK/portal you get a 60 dollar card?

how does buying the 20 psn dollar/MSP point card work can you use the 60 dollar card you got for doing the deal above to buy the cards? and if you buy both games can you get 2 cards or only 1?

[quote name='failwhale']question how does it work you buy MK/portal you get a 60 dollar card?

how does buying the 20 psn dollar/MSP point card work can you use the 60 dollar card you got for doing the deal above to buy the cards? and if you buy both games can you get 2 cards or only 1?[/QUOTE]

This question has been answered numerous times in the KMart thread. Try reading a few pages.

[quote name='blitzbllmstr']Kmart still has the better deal

Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat = 119.98 + 10.00 (20 PSN XBL CARD) = 129.98 - 60.00 in gaming certifictes [/QUOTE]

certifictes ???????

[quote name='prim4444']No, six hour delay[/QUOTE]

Just ask the cashier to use a regular gift card you usually pay for and not the promo ones; they work the same and you can use them right away.

Am I the only one who dosent really see a deal with kmart.
Pay MSRP for 2 games that's $120+ tax. then an additional $10 for a PSN card. The only real savings is $10 for a points card. Then u get 2 coupons one for $15 and another for $45. Meaning you have to make 2 more seperate transactions to get a "savings". I love kmart but it's seems some are just blindly worshiping a retailer just because there have been good deals in the past. Now I must put on my flame suit.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Am I the only one who dosent really see a deal with kmart.
Pay MSRP for 2 games that's $120+ tax. then an additional $10 for a PSN card. The only real savings is $10 for a points card. Then u get 2 coupons one for $15 and another for $45. Meaning you have to make 2 more seperate transactions to get a "savings". I love kmart but it's seems some are just blindly worshiping a retailer just because there have been good deals in the past. Now I must put on my flame suit.[/QUOTE]

good point. the Kmart coupon is valid only for 4 weeks while the gift card for TRU should last at least a few months. TRU's deal hasn't been as stellar as they were in the past but with that said you're right - TRU's deal is actually better imo. The argument is also whether you want both games. TRU requires you to get both games 1x Portal and 1x Mortal Kombat (supposedly barring any glitches) while Kmart I believe is any two games (i.e. 2x Portal or 2x Mortal Kombat)

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Am I the only one who dosent really see a deal with kmart.
Pay MSRP for 2 games that's $120+ tax. then an additional $10 for a PSN card. The only real savings is $10 for a points card. Then u get 2 coupons one for $15 and another for $45. Meaning you have to make 2 more seperate transactions to get a "savings". I love kmart but it's seems some are just blindly worshiping a retailer just because there have been good deals in the past. Now I must put on my flame suit.[/QUOTE]

Why 2 more? Stack the coupons? Also not sure why you quote "savings", since it's the exact same thing at TRU - gotta go back and buy something else anyway.

pretty sure best buy takes the difference off at the register on a gift card deal like this.
http://www.bestbuy.com/olspage.jsp?...type=page&entryURLID=&contentId=1118843518460

For the lazy:
How do you handle a price match if the competitor's price includes a rebate or other promotional offer?
The competitor's net purchase price is calculated by deducting instant discounts taken at the register such as instant rebates. Mail-in rebates and other deferred savings are not deducted from the competitor's purchase price.

How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?
The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer.

Call them in the AM or go by there with this ad and ask if they'll price match it. I've got one ordered from amazon and one from gamestop, but I'd cancel for $70 for the two even without the DLC code.

I completely agree. If the Kmart deal gave SYWR points as they did a little while ago, it would definitely be more logical to go to Kmart. Seeing as the $60 expires in a month there however, that greatly limits the usefulness of the deal, as there will be nothing new that I want by mid-May.

[quote name='KemperJones']Haven't I heard that Best Buy has been matching gift card offers by taking the amount of the card off the initial price? I have mine preordered there for Sub-Zero.[/QUOTE]

Getting this price match will be very YMMV b/c there's 2 reasons BB will try to deny "Bundling" & it being "Tuesday only". I was lucky enuf to get a pm on the previous $50 gc offer though so it's not impossible this is how it turned out for me Bulletstorm/KZ3/COD BO $40 each $30 for DS2(it was on sale that week for $50) & they "charged" me $40 for a gc $119.98 + tax on receipt and $109.98 + tax on the other.

MK & Portal 2 already have the $10 pre-order bonus & Portal pre-order price is $55. So there's 3 ways they could pm this
1-If you just want 1 game, MK $45 + 10 pre-order credit or Portal $40 +10 pre-order credit.
2-MK $35 & Portal 2 $30=$65 +$20 in pre-order credit
3-MK $35 & Portal 2 $30 & they "charge" you $50 for a gc=$115 +$20 in pre-order credit.

foreinter
You missed the best Crysis 2 deal if you bought it on release at BB
$60 +10 giftcard +10 pre-order bonus it'll be on sale at kmart next week for $40 so with a price match it's basically $20. The giftcard was unexpected but you can generally get most new releases for $30 on day 1 doing this which is better than even amazon.

I completely agree.....these kmart lovers are quite annoying imo....that's great that they are so happy with thier local k-mart and whatever deals they have, but it's starting to get annoying having them derail pretty much every thread about a new release game offer at any other store. They failed to grasp that not everyone has a k-mart close by...not to mention even if they do have one close by, that they haven't had pleasant experiences trying to "partake" in previous deals.

Personally, even if I had a k-mart close by that had their shit together on release day, I would likely choose the toysrus offer as it is superior for me. For starters, you only need to buy these 2 games, and then you get a $50 giftcard that you can use on anything at toyrus with no silly 4-6 week expiration or restrictions on what you can use it on, or a "purchase minimum" in order to be able to use it like at k-mart. Also at k-mart, you have to buy something additional at start (most logical choice is the $20 psn/xbox card since it would be half off because of your purchase of mortal kombat and/or portal).....which really isnt that big of deal to me, because I have loaded up nearly 10k points with some recent point deals that i got 40-60% off on anyways. The toys r us rewards will add a few more dollars to this deal as well.

[quote name='Enuf']Getting this price match will be very YMMV b/c there's 2 reasons BB will try to deny "Bundling" & it being "Tuesday only". I was lucky enuf to get a pm on the previous $50 gc offer though so it's not impossible this is how it turned out for me Bulletstorm/KZ3/COD BO $40 each $30 for DS2(it was on sale that week for $50) & they "charged" me $40 for a gc $119.98 + tax on receipt and $109.98 + tax on the other.

MK & Portal 2 already have the $10 pre-order bonus & Portal pre-order price is $55. So there's 3 ways they could pm this
1-If you just want 1 game, MK $45 + 10 pre-order credit or Portal $40 +10 pre-order credit.
2-MK $35 & Portal 2 $30=$65 +$20 in pre-order credit
3-MK $35 & Portal 2 $30 & they "charge" you $50 for a gc=$115 +$20 in pre-order credit.

foreinter
You missed the best Crysis 2 deal if you bought it on release at BB
$60 +10 giftcard +10 pre-order bonus it'll be on sale at kmart next week for $40 so with a price match it's basically $20. The giftcard was unexpected but you can generally get most new releases for $30 on day 1 doing this which is better than even amazon.[/QUOTE]

No offense, as I've got good deals in the past via price matching at bestbuy.....but sooner or later best buy is going to realize we are double dipping by pricematching games with the pre-order bonuses and they are going to change their policy.

I have both games pre-ordered through amazon...but really considering canceling my portal pre-order and keeping the mortal kombat (since it is the tournament edition)....and preordering/price matching the toysrus deal at bestbuy, as if this works out (50 gift card + $20 pre order bonus credits + gamers club & regular reward zone points on the $70 "purchase price amount" which is essentially a $5 reward zone certifcate unless you are paying with gift cards/rewardzone certificates) this would be much much better paying only $65 or $70 up front (if they catch the $5 "Sale" price on Portal 2). Although, it would be interesting to see whether or not toysrus' ad lists prices for the games, as currently Portal 2 is listed on their website for $49.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FL1PSID3']When Crysis drops to $40, is that only in K-mart? Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

Amazon will probably match it but as of now it's on sale at kmart next week.

This is certainly a nice alternative/match to the Kmart deal.

Just keep in mind that unlike what was said earlier you don't have to use the two coupons kmart gives on two separate transactions. You can stack coupons there on a single purchase.

I want some XBL points anyways so I'm going with Kmart. Plus the rewards points add up there and I have about $20 in them to use. This is a nice alternative though for people who don't have a kmart or don't want a points card.

[quote name='saix_xiii']k-mart's deal is a lot better imo. Spend $120 (pre-tax) and you get a $60 coupon. Buy portal 2 or mk and get $10 off a 1600 msp or $20 psn card. So for $130 you get a $60 coupon and a $20/1600 card plus you don't need to get both portal 2 and mk to get the deal. Heck you don't need either game, portal 2/mk only gives you the $10 off. Plus crysis 2 is going to be $40 in store that week as well i believe.[/quote]

dayum! But not so great is only getting a month to spend that $60 on.

I'm lazy and hate sales tax so I'm going to skip K-Mart but might consider TRU. Need to do the math.

But Crysis 2 for $40 at K-Mart next week with the potential for Amazon to match it? Finally.

bread's done
Back