TRU Dead Rising/Resident Evil Wii deal

CheepGamez

CAGiversary!
I saw a sign in TRU if you buy Dead Rising for the Wii for $39.99, you can get Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles for $9.99. Not a great deal, but will save a few bucks if you were buying those games anyway.

Some people may disagree, but IMHO Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles is a very good game. To be honest, I think that it compliments the series very well, and helps to explain a lot of the plot twists that were left unexplained in the original games.

I agree. RE:UC is also a great game for folks who want to catch up with the series without going back and playing through all of the original games (especially if you just want the story without going through the some pretty inane puzzles).

It covers the storylines from RE 0, 1, and 3. This also makes it one of the longest -- and highest production value -- gun games available. I really hope they decide to make another one of these games. Heck, I'd even take a compilation of RE 2 and Dead Aim if they put them out. Dead Aim could be almost a straight port, which would keep dev costs low.

Not bad if you were buying Dead Rising. RE UC last known TIV is $16 that's $24 with the tiered promo. Dead Rising also should have a good TIV. You could get this deal beat them both and trade em in and break about even.

I thought this deal was dead, I was at TRU last night, and the sign says it ends on 2/28/09, I bought 2 umbrella chronicles, and 2 chop till you drop, really just wanted to sell the rest, and keep 1 umbrella chronicles to myself without paying rediculous prices. But unless they've extended this deal, I thought it was dead deal.

Saw that too. I *wanted* to like that Resident Evil 'light gun' game, but for me it was WAAAAAAAY too hard. Bought it at full price too.

Not sure about Chop and Drop. The original game has sooooo much great stuff in it, but it's just way too frustrating. This they massively butchered the graphics of course...but if they fixed some of what's wrong with the original... Frankly it was maybe too ambitious for its own good.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Not sure about Chop and Drop. The original game has sooooo much great stuff in it, but it's just way too frustrating. This they massively butchered the graphics of course...but if they fixed some of what's wrong with the original... Frankly it was maybe too ambitious for its own good.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Wii-makes of PS2 games work (Okami, Bully, RE4) but Wii-makes of 360 games do not.

bread's done
Back