TRU Doorbusters - Sunday 12/23, 7AM-12PM

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
In the TRU ad, there's some doorbusters for tomorrow morning, the 23rd, from 7AM to noon.

Items of note:

DDR Supernova 2 (PS2) w/dance pad - 50% off, $29.99
50% off all video game guides
Chicken Little: Ace In Action (PS2) & Meet The Robinsons (Wii) - 50% off, $9.99 - $14.99 (not sure which is which)

There's also a non-doorbuster entry for 50% off all Sims PC games, sale priced at $14.99 - $24.99 (reg. price $29.99 - $49.99)

I was gonna post, but I thought someone else already did.
Anything, I think i'll wait for DDR to go on clearence, havn't heard anything good about it.

$30 is a good price for any DDR bundle. I'd imagine that one might be hard to get for less that $30 in the future--and it just came out not too long ago right?

[quote name='freshzen']$30 is a good price for any DDR bundle. I'd imagine that one might be hard to get for less that $30 in the future--and it just came out not too long ago right?[/quote]

Well, Ultramix 3 came out about 1.5-2 years ago, and it was on sale for about 10 bucks.
I can wait.

Not really much, but good to see it posted. The guide deal is decent, although TRU never really has any guides worth noting here.

Man I was at TRU today to buy my nephew a few toys and fuck was it insane. Grandmothers with carts filled with crap and angry dads who shouldn't have waited till last minute. Thank goodness I paid in the R Zone where there wasn't a line, the rest of the store was ridiculous.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']You mean there really are people who buy guides? And even at full price? lol[/quote]

I really liked the guide for BioShock; helped out a lot. Plus, most of us just like to have them for collection purposes, I agree though, a lot of guides are moot now due to GameFAQs, however it still takes a few weeks for a full in-depth guide to be written out on there.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']You mean there really are people who buy guides? And even at full price? lol[/quote]

Only reasons I've had to buy guides for full price in the past couple years(since joining CAG) is because of three reasons:

1) Our local GS stores have a major asshat for a DM, who believes in destroying good merchandise rather than transfer it to other stores(a store manager informed me he took a pair of needlenose pliers to a bunch of N64 carts which he didn't wanna waste time transferring). Plus....well..I brought the hammer down on myself by going to various GS stores in his district and repeatedly helping his employees pull guides they didn't even realize had pennied and walking out with 30-50 guides per drop in many cases. I effectively got myself blacklisted(along with anyone else in the area)from EVER getting guides locally again, unless I get super lucky and get an understanding clerk. Even then, the local stores have little to no guides out on the floor anymore and those that do, are the stores where I'm stonewalled every time now.

2) Our local BB stores have cracked down and yank guides quick anymore, thus negating the days when I would go in the day of a drop and walk out with 20 guides from there too.

3) Aside from a REALLY 'lucky' haul about 6 months ago, our local TRU stores have been a wasteland for me getting guides from AT ALL.

So because of those two reasons, I've bought at least ONE guide @ full price: MK Armageddon Though, in reality, it cost me about $8, since I was flipping massive amounts of copies of the Clancy Trilogy to GS for $12-13 each, which I was getting from Kmart for $4.24 each, so I paid roughly half price.

Minor note for the OP:

The guides apparently stack with the buy 3 get 1 free in some capacity.

I got 4 guides, and it marked out the most expensive one, meaning the computer mustve compared the 50% off price to the MSRP of the other guides.

This is what my receipt looks like:

1. Metroid Prime 3 guide: 19.99 - 10 = 9.99

2. Fire Emblem guide: 19.99 - 10 = 9.99

3. Paper Mario guide: 14.99 - 7.50 - 7.49

4. Phantom Hourglass guide: 29.99 - 15, 14.99 - 14.99 = 0.00!

Total 27.47 before tax!

The past two TRU Door Buster sales have been very suspicious. One two weeks back I went looking for Sims 2 Castaway and My Sims for $15 and they were sold out very early morning. Went back around 1:00pm (sale stopped at noon) and they had at least five of each now.

So today I go looking for DDR SuperNova 2 and Shrek Ogres and Dronkies on sale at 8:00am and both sold out. Went to the mall and around for a few hours, then came back to TRU around 1:00pm just to see if it happened again and low and behold they now had 4 DDR bundles and the Shrek game back out! LAME! Seems very convenient....

[quote name='GunstarRed']The past two TRU Door Buster sales have been very suspicious. One two weeks back I went looking for Sims 2 Castaway and My Sims for $15 and they were sold out very early morning. Went back around 1:00pm (sale stopped at noon) and they had at least five of each now.

So today I go looking for DDR SuperNova 2 and Shrek Ogres and Dronkies on sale at 8:00am and both sold out. Went to the mall and around for a few hours, then came back to TRU around 1:00pm just to see if it happened again and low and behold they now had 4 DDR bundles and the Shrek game back out! LAME! Seems very convenient....[/quote]

Did you happen to ask an associate if they had any available in the back? In SOME instances they not have gotten all the product out.

[quote name='MujuroUtsutsu']Did you happen to ask an associate if they had any available in the back? In SOME instances they not have gotten all the product out.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I asked the second time since that happened the first time. Didn't want to bother calling them out on it though since I figured it would be a waste of time with that HUGE line waiting to check out.

bread's done
Back