TRU Green Tag Update

thanks! I'll have to make a stop on my way home from Best Buy. Is there a list of these games somewhere? Or do they all vary by store?

It should be the same games for all stores as far as I know. I'm not sure where you can find the list online, if anyone has a link feel free to post it. Otherwise I'll try to get the list from work tomorrow and post what I can.

I was just at mine last week, they still had a ton on display. It's not a TOTAL lost cause :)

This thing extends beyond the green tags. I got Devil May Cry for $3.98, Xenosaga for $2.98, and Virtua Tennis for the GBA for $3.00.

The games were all scanning for $20, but ringing up way less.

Hell, there might be more ringing up well under the price but I didn't think to check. The ones I scanned at the price checker all rang up for $20, including DMC and Xenosaga.

Some TRU stores have been at 70% off for a while now (probably a month or more). Someone posted a specific list of stores in one of the old threads.

In other words, some stores are definitely at 70% off of green tags, but YMMV.

I can confirm, sort of. I picked up a PS1 portable screen for $23 and a e-reader for $12 today. The receipt said 70% off green tag.

[quote name='dratsacras']I can confirm, sort of. I picked up a PS1 portable screen for $23 and a e-reader for $12 today. The receipt said 70% off green tag.[/quote]

Think you could scan your receipt? It would be more convincing to us skeptical types.

Alright I'll stop by there today, are they unmarked clearances mostly or are many of them marked, at least somewhere?

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']Hell, there might be more ringing up well under the price but I didn't think to check. The ones I scanned at the price checker all rang up for $20, including DMC and Xenosaga.[/quote]

If you just do a price check at a scanner (or register) it will come up at the original full price. There is a special function button that a cashier has to press in the register to see if an item is indeed on sale. So if you just do a quick price check on DMC for example, it will only show the customer $19.99, but if a cashier goes into the item info feature at the register it will show on their screen "70% off Green Tag Sale, 2/$15 Promo" or whatever other sale might be going on.

[quote name='bil4l']Alright I'll stop by there today, are they unmarked clearances mostly or are many of them marked, at least somewhere?[/quote]

Depends on how lazy the associates at your store are. I try to green label every possible sale game I can at my store. But I know there are others who don't care and just put them out unmarked.

That's completely stupid, the point of a sale is to sell more merch and not marking it makes it really difficult at best to up your sales.

No one goes to TRU here in Albuquerque, so I'll find some good games, but I'll have to find an employee to actually scan some games for me in the "R" Zone.

Perhaps I will harass and make them scan everything I'm even slightly interested, but I'm rolling there tommorow, I think they close at 6.

Thanks OP! I got some games (F-Zero: Maximum Velocity for the GBA) and guides (Soul Calibur CE and Windwaker for a friend) today. I'll have to check another TRU tomorrow.

They were open past 6 today but I don't know how late.

To all who have a GBA: if you haven't already bought VirtuaTennis for the GBA, but it now (for $3) because it's a fun game. I know it seems lame, but the minigames in the career mode are good.

I went today and got Sega Bass Fishing (Dreamcast) for $1.50.

They had some of the 2k series, but they were priced on the green tag as $20. Bad pricing. They had some PS2 games, but nothing great, and once again overpriced.

[quote name='jaykrue'][quote name='dratsacras']I can confirm, sort of. I picked up a PS1 portable screen for $23 and a e-reader for $12 today. The receipt said 70% off green tag.[/quote]

Think you could scan your receipt? It would be more convincing to us skeptical types.[/quote]

I took a pic, but I've been having 0% luck uploading it. If it means that much to you I can email it to you.

[quote name='dratsacras'][quote name='jaykrue'][quote name='dratsacras']I can confirm, sort of. I picked up a PS1 portable screen for $23 and a e-reader for $12 today. The receipt said 70% off green tag.[/quote]

Think you could scan your receipt? It would be more convincing to us skeptical types.[/quote]

I took a pic, but I've been having 0% luck uploading it. If it means that much to you I can email it to you.[/quote]

Nah, I'll just check it out myself tomorrow

[quote name='jaykrue'][quote name='dratsacras']I took a pic, but I've been having 0% luck uploading it. If it means that much to you I can email it to you.[/quote]

Nah, I'll just check it out myself tomorrow[/quote]

Or I could figure out what was wrong and try again.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']I went today and got Sega Bass Fishing (Dreamcast) for $1.50.[/quote]wow, if you're going back, think you can pick me up a copy?

I just picked up 2 copies od Fatal Frame II for the PS2 @ a Baltimore TRU, $19.99 each and then dropped to 2 for $30. But I also checked Castelevania Aria of Sorrow and it rang up at $24.98 and La Pucelle came in at $29.99; most deals are still YMMV unfortunately.

Baltimore? Which one? I've been to Owings Mills, Catonsville, and Towson. Picked up a lot of stuff... About 12 games for $43.

[quote name='dratsacras'][quote name='jaykrue'][quote name='dratsacras']I took a pic, but I've been having 0% luck uploading it. If it means that much to you I can email it to you.[/quote]

Nah, I'll just check it out myself tomorrow[/quote]

Or I could figure out what was wrong and try again.

[/quote]

Oooooh, a penny

I took the flyer up to a sales clerk in the video game department, and they pointed out that the flyer says green tagged stuff is "UP TO 70% off". Green tag videogames are 50% off. Still, found a green tagged FFTactics PS1 for $6.99 (after discount), so it's all good! :)

Golden Ring hmm.. I think that's Catonsville. Towson had some good stuff (free copies of Turok, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry) lots of Greatest Hits games, MAT1 at $15, a copy of R-Type Final. However, they wouldn't let me use the coupon last time I went.

bread's done
Back