TRU - No weekly ad? Toy Story 3 Combo pack at $34.99??

jp2

CAGiversary!
I picked up Sunday's paper this evening, and noticed TRU included their big Christmas book, but no 10/31-11/6 weekly ad.

As a result, it would seem that Toy Story 3 Blu-ray/DVD Combo pack will be priced at $34.99 as stated in the month-long Christmas book.

This is a real downer, as I pre-ordered 2 copies at TRU for $5 each. Considering Target & BB are pricing this $10 cheaper, I'm actually losing money by picking up the pre-orders.

Anyone know if it's possible to get a refund on a pre-order if you also took advantage of the $10 discount of same-day blu purchase? I kinda feel shady asking for a refund, but also feel like a fool completing the pre-order purchase at $10 over the competition.

Does TRU pricematch? Take the other ads down there on pickup and find out. If not, then ask for a refund, nothing wrong with that.

TRU doesn't have a pricematch policy. I got $10 off Beauty & The Beast when I pre-ordered for $5, so I'd understand if they refuse the refund, or request I return the other merchandise.

I wouldn't complain if TRU was selling TS3 for $29.99... but $34.99 is silly on release week. It's actually cheaper to walk away with a $5 pre-order loss, than buy at TRU.

Well look at it this way, if the price is indeed $34.99 and you feel out of place requesting your $ back for the preorders, you can always pick up the 2 copies and then turn right around and return them for your full $ back and they cannot and will not say anything at that time.

very good point jgiovanni... sounds like a plan. once I have the full refund, I can go to Target or BB with the Disney Coupons.

Ofcourse, I hope Taco5 is right, so I can avoid the extra trips.

Man $34.99 is unnecessary. I really think that this is the price that it will be at TRU. If they didn't have any ad then more then likely this is it folks. I'm going to Target then forget TRU they can have that $5 preorder.

[quote name='jgiovanni']Well look at it this way, if the price is indeed $34.99 and you feel out of place requesting your $ back for the preorders, you can always pick up the 2 copies and then turn right around and return them for your full $ back and they cannot and will not say anything at that time.[/QUOTE]

I dont think so, I think that the preorder rings up as just a $5 off coupon, so the most he would get back for returning the movie would be $29.99.

[quote name='DariusWIND']I dont think so, I think that the preorder rings up as just a $5 off coupon, so the most he would get back for returning the movie would be $29.99.[/QUOTE]

Not true, I used this strategy before and the $5 is actual cash paid.

Besides, even if it acts like a coupon, it acts like a maunufacturer coupon, they are obligated to give you the cash back

Who cares? This is what you people get that try and scam TRU with other promos that they run. Fortunately for me, I've had this Pre-Ordered on Amazon, and it's on its way for less than $15. =')

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']...scam?[/QUOTE]

You know what I mean. Deal's that involve unethical thinking. You don't have to agree with me, but that's my opinion.

I would say hold off for now and find out the actual price on Tuesday. It's been awhile, but there have been a few times where the price ends on being cheaper on the actually release date. Keep in mind if its on sale for a few days they couldn't put the price in the month long ad. Of course they weren't smart listing the price at all with the price they have it at. They should have pulled the standard ad BS always low price.

The $8 off coupon may cause some issues now since it states not valid with any other promotions.

I also posted this on Blu Ray .com
Best Buy:
TS3 4 disk combo pack: 25
Mater's Tall Tales: 25
= 50 - 8 = $42 + tax out of pocket

OR

TS3 2 disk set: $25
Mater's Tall Tales: $20
= 45 + tax out of pocket*

OR

TS3 BR disk alone: $20
Mater's Tall Tales: $25
= 45 + tax out of pocket*

*Note: The Disney coupon has a picture of the first set (the 4 disk combo pack) on it and the other two movies don't even say "Combo pack" on their packaging so I have to assume if you want to use the Disney coupon at Best Buy, you have to buy the first "deal".

Target:
TS3 4 disk combo pack: $25
Nater's Tall Tales: $20
= 45 - 8 = $37 + tax out of pocket

TRU:
TS3 4 disk combo pack: $35
Nater's Tall Tales: $25
Toy Story 3 Popcorn Tin: $0 (page 54 of the Christmas book)
Toy Story Wall clock: $0 (Page 75 of the Christmas book)
$10 gift card: $0 (top of page 75 of the Christmas book)

= $60 - 5 pre-order
= $55 - 3 magical savings book
= $52 (I'm assuming you can't use both $3 coupons in this transaction)
If you look at page 55 of the toy book, you'll see that you can get a free car's carry case if you spend 30 or more on Cars stuff (you're at 25 with the BD purchase). At the back of the book, you'll see you can get a bear for $5 if you spent more than $50 in a transaction. Additionally, if you add in some additional purchases, you might be able to use the $10 off coupon card stuck to the front of the book (this was on the book mailed to me, not the book I got in the Sunday paper).

Here's the question:
Do you want to spend $37 + tax at Target or an extra $15 at TRU to get the free stuff?

As a side note: Generally sepaking, this TRU book is indicitive of an article I read on CNBC. Evidently, this year is expected to have poor sales, that's why Christmas season is starting on Halloween. Stores want consumers to get in and make the first or second big shopping trip at their store because there probably won't be a 3rd or 4th trip. You can see TRU's plan is to get you to spend a good amount of money in a single transaction by luring you into freebies/cheapy stuff.

^^^^ Nice work!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I'm not sure if I've ever felt unethical about using a manufacturer's coupon and a store's pre-order deal.[/QUOTE]

There is nothing unethical about taking advantage of TRU deals.

[quote name='typical guy']I also posted this on Blu Ray .com
Best Buy:
TS3 4 disk combo pack: 25
Mater's Tall Tales: 25
= 50 - 8 = $42 + tax out of pocket

...[/QUOTE]

Isn't Mater $20, if purchased together with TS3? Even if not, you could always pricematch Target and get it for $20. So, it's the same price as Target.

Also, if the TRU deal takes the $5 pre-order deal into account, then shouldn't the BB deals take the $7.50 pre-order Ironpack deal into account as well?

[quote name='skiizim']You know what I mean. Deal's that involve unethical thinking. You don't have to agree with me, but that's my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Keep%20on%20Trollin.jpg

[quote name='basketb']Isn't Mater $20, if purchased together with TS3? Even if not, you could always pricematch Target and get it for $20. So, it's the same price as Target.

Also, if the TRU deal takes the $5 pre-order deal into account, then shouldn't the BB deals take the $7.50 pre-order Ironpack deal into account as well?[/QUOTE]
I made a few mistakes on there. Btw tru will not price match.

I played hockey this morning with a guy who works for TRU and he pretty much said that it would be $34.99 this week. He was almost 100% sure he did not see any sale signs for it when he unpacked the shelf tags this week.

FYI - Mater's Tall Tales is 19.99 on BB.com ATM. If it stays this way we should be able to get Mater's Tall Tales & TS3 for 24.48 (pre-tax)

TS3 - 24.99
MTT - 14.99
MFG C - (8.00)
P/O - (7.50)

[quote name='blk00civicsi']FYI - Mater's Tall Tales is 19.99 on BB.com ATM. If it stays this way we should be able to get Mater's Tall Tales & TS3 for 24.48 (pre-tax)

TS3 - 24.99
MTT - 14.99
MFG C - (8.00)
P/O - (7.50)[/QUOTE]

24.48 + 7.50, Preorder wasn't free. (though would explain why they do preorders in the first place, to make people think its a better deal there)

[quote name='typical guy']
TRU:
TS3 4 disk combo pack: $35
Nater's Tall Tales: $25
Toy Story 3 Popcorn Tin: $0 (page 54 of the Christmas book)
Toy Story Wall clock: $0 (Page 75 of the Christmas book)
$10 gift card: $0 (top of page 75 of the Christmas book)

= $60 - 5 pre-order
= $55 - 3 magical savings book
= $52 (I'm assuming you can't use both $3 coupons in this transaction)
[/QUOTE]

So does the purchase of Mater Blu have any value to decrease the TS3 cost (excluding coupons?) I just want TS3 for the lowest price not Mater.

[quote name='Arakias']So does the purchase of Mater Blu have any value to decrease the TS3 cost (excluding coupons?) I just want TS3 for the lowest price not Mater.[/QUOTE]

Imo, there are no deals this week.

[quote name='skiizim']Who cares? This is what you people get that try and scam TRU with other promos that they run. Fortunately for me, I've had this Pre-Ordered on Amazon, and it's on its way for less than $15. =')[/QUOTE]

Your such a penis dude. Go lick yourself, pussy fart.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']FYI - Mater's Tall Tales is 19.99 on BB.com ATM. If it stays this way we should be able to get Mater's Tall Tales & TS3 for 24.48 (pre-tax)

TS3 - 24.99
MTT - 14.99
MFG C - (8.00)
P/O - (7.50)[/QUOTE]

Nice :whistle2:D Was thinking of getting MTTs... but not priced at 19.99. I do have a spare Disney $3 off coupon to use with that :whistle2:D Sweet :whistle2:D Thankz I'll PM BB site :whistle2:D

TS3 - 24.99
MTT - 14.99
MFG C - (8.00)
P/O - (7.50)[/QUOTE]

Best Buy will not price match their website and use the coupon at the same time. Its one or the other. Most likely it would be 24.99 + 24.99 - 8.00 - 7.50 - 5.00

[quote name='JPCERTIFIED']Best Buy will not price match their website and use the coupon at the same time. Its one or the other. Most likely it would be 24.99 + 24.99 - 8.00 - 7.50 - 5.00[/QUOTE]

mine does it all the time

[quote name='wormraper']mine does it all the time[/QUOTE]

your lucky mine always tell me that policy says they cant price match and use coupon at same time

[quote name='JPCERTIFIED']your lucky mine always tell me that policy says they cant price match and use coupon at same time[/QUOTE]Your BB doesn't understand that "vendor coupons" are a "payment method" under BB policy, *NOT* another offer. (That's correct as the vendor reimburses BB in full plus a handling fee, usually 8c per coupon.) They're misreading policy about not combining offers.

Mine does it all the time. I even go back and PM a week after it comes out if the price is lower the following week.
I can understand PM website for MTT and getting $5 off that plus coupon... understandable. Mine will do that :whistle2:D Yay!

[quote name='Greenboom98']Nice :whistle2:D Was thinking of getting MTTs... but not priced at 19.99. I do have a spare Disney $3 off coupon to use with that :whistle2:D Sweet :whistle2:D Thankz I'll PM BB site :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

Question, is the $3 off coupon your talking about the one from TRU? Because it clearly says TRU on it. Just curious because I've never been to a BB that will PM a coupon that wasn't from there own store.

And as I stated before, TRU probably won't even get Mater's Tale Tell's on blu ray and if they do it won't be $19.99.

Sucks that TRU is selling it for $34.99, I guess they got tired of people scamming the system.:cry:

[quote name='neoz']Question, is the $3 off coupon your talking about the one from TRU? Because it clearly says TRU on it. Just curious because I've never been to a BB that will PM a coupon that wasn't from there own store.

And as I stated before, TRU probably won't even get Mater's Tale Tell's on blu ray and if they do it won't be $19.99.

Sucks that TRU is selling it for $34.99, I guess they got tired of people scamming the system.:cry:[/QUOTE]

This is a coupon that Disney emailed out a month or 2 ago. I got one and I think I am going to use it on Mater's as well.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Anyone know walmarts price?[/QUOTE]It may vary, but before their lawyers forced their Toy Book ad off all the BF websites it said $24.99--same as BB & Target.

[quote name='neoz']And as I stated before, TRU probably won't even get Mater's Tale Tell's on blu ray and if they do it won't be $19.99.[/QUOTE]The Toy Book does list MTT on BD, but at $24.99 (though you can knock at least $3 off with a coupon in the Magical Savings book). And with TRU already issuing a "deal of the day" email for today, a similar email could still come out tomorrow with TS3 and/or MTT.

Even if TRU charged $34.99 for TS3... if you took advantage of the BATB deal that still comes out to $15 each. Which is exactly what you'll pay everywhere else.

$34.99 + $2.99 = $37.98
$37.98 - $8 = 29.98
29.98 /2 = $14.99

Actually it's cheaper. It's gonna be $16.99 everywhere else after $8 off.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']Even if TRU charged $34.99 for TS3... if you took advantage of the BATB deal that still comes out to $15 each. Which is exactly what you'll pay everywhere else.

$34.99 + $2.99 = $37.98
$37.98 - $8 = 29.98
29.98 /2 = $14.99

Actually it's cheaper. It's gonna be $16.99 everywhere else after $8 off.[/QUOTE]

Wait, can you use that "save $6.99 coupon when you buy two Blu-rays" they gave you when you picked up Beauty and the Beast on top of the $8 off Manufacturer coupon?

[quote name='thesis88']Wait, can you use that "save $6.99 coupon when you buy two Blu-rays" they gave you when you picked up Beauty and the Beast on top of the $8 off Manufacturer coupon?[/QUOTE]I didn't see that one. The closest one I see in the "Magical Savings" book that was supposed to come with BatB (it came late and is now out on the floor at my TRU) was $8 off two Disney-Pixar BDs or DVDs, but it expired 10/30. There are two separate coupons for $3 each off TS3 & MTT when bought with another Disney BD of $14.99 or more, but I don't think you can use both if it's TS3 & MTT together.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']It sure looks like Mater's Tall Tales is $20 before coupon/promo @ Best Buy not after...[/QUOTE]
It probably will still come up at $24.99 in-store. I would take a printout with you from the website. To be even safer add both movies to your shopping cart and print that out, showing $39.98 for both.

The only sale at TRU regarding Toy Story 3 this week is a 2 day sale 11/5 - 11/6. The promo is buy Toy Story 3 & Mater and save $5. There is no other promo attached to the movie as of today.

bread's done
Back