TRU - No weekly ad? Toy Story 3 Combo pack at $34.99??

jp2

CAGiversary!
I picked up Sunday's paper this evening, and noticed TRU included their big Christmas book, but no 10/31-11/6 weekly ad.

As a result, it would seem that Toy Story 3 Blu-ray/DVD Combo pack will be priced at $34.99 as stated in the month-long Christmas book.

This is a real downer, as I pre-ordered 2 copies at TRU for $5 each. Considering Target & BB are pricing this $10 cheaper, I'm actually losing money by picking up the pre-orders.

Anyone know if it's possible to get a refund on a pre-order if you also took advantage of the $10 discount of same-day blu purchase? I kinda feel shady asking for a refund, but also feel like a fool completing the pre-order purchase at $10 over the competition.

People have been getting a 20% off coupon to TRU good for today only. Anybody know how to maximize this use to get Toy Story 3 if you have it preordered?

[quote name='Pookymeister']Grabbed the $20 2-disc from BB - they had no problems using the mfg coupon(manually)[/QUOTE]

I thought about doing that but in the end it was worth it for me to get the one with the DVD. That actually gets played more than the blu-ray anyway. We use DVDs for "everyday" play for the kids to watch stuff and only put on blu-rays for special movie night occasions (since it involves handling the blu-ray cases and PS3 which we don't let the kids do ;)).

And FWIW, Fry's finally printed an ad in today's (Weds) paper. Too little, too late - but I can confirm that it is $24.99 there as well. But I'm pretty sure they would reject the $8 coupon anyway, making them less than worthless.

Just pulled off a deal at TRU:

$29.99 - TS3 minus $5 preorder
$6.99 - Some Hannah Montana DVD (bought solely to get the $10 gift card)
$0 - Wall Clock
$0 - Popcorn Tin (filled w/ popcorn :D)

With the 7% tax and $8 TS3 coupon, the total came out to $31.57, and I get the $10 TRU gift card. The refund value of the DVD is $4.54, so that's $4.86 with tax. I plan on returning this after a couple weeks.

Treating the gift card like cash, my total OOP is:
$31.57 - $10.00 (gift card) - $4.86 (refund) + $5 (preorder) = 21.71.

I would have paid $18.74 straight up at Best Buy or Target, so I'm only out $3 or so, but I get the clock and a hell of a lot of popcorn! I'm happy.

idk that seems pretty silly

Blu-rays are a lot more durable than DVDs thanks to that hard scratch proof coating they put on there. They are actually better for kids to handle.

[quote name='TheHammerGod']My Toys R Us experience in Warwick, RI:

I picked up:

Toy Story 3 Blu-Ray
Mater Tales Blu-Ray
Lego Cars Setmater's Yard (on sale for $18)
Songebob Teaching time clock ($11.99)
Toy Story Wall Clock (free)
Cars Case (free)
Cars Book ($1 promo w/movie purchase and got me to $75.35)
Toy Story Popcorn (free)

Total after coupons and promos was $75.35 and I got back $20 in gift cards for a net $55 cost. Not bad considering the two movies rang in for $60 by themselves, lol.

-Matt[/QUOTE]
Heh, glad you also got the wall clock and popcorn tin. I was there on Tuesday around noon and saw they only have 2 popcorn tin left and a few wall clock. I jumped right in line to pick it up. lol

[quote name='ZForce915']No slipcover for this movie? how strange.[/QUOTE]

Huh? Both the 2 disc blu and 4 disc blu versions have different slipcovers. Only the regular DVD version has no slipcover.

[quote name='chuckywang']Just pulled off a deal at TRU:

$29.99 - TS3 minus $5 preorder
$6.99 - Some Hannah Montana DVD (bought solely to get the $10 gift card)
$0 - Wall Clock
$0 - Popcorn Tin (filled w/ popcorn :D)

With the 7% tax and $8 TS3 coupon, the total came out to $31.57, and I get the $10 TRU gift card. The refund value of the DVD is $4.54, so that's $4.86 with tax. I plan on returning this after a couple weeks.

Treating the gift card like cash, my total OOP is:
$31.57 - $10.00 (gift card) - $4.86 (refund) + $5 (preorder) = 21.71.

I would have paid $18.74 straight up at Best Buy or Target, so I'm only out $3 or so, but I get the clock and a hell of a lot of popcorn! I'm happy.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if I'm reading this correctly, but if you had to buy the Hannah Montana DVD to get the gift card, I'm pretty sure TRU won't allow you to return just that one item.

[quote name='spmahn']Not sure if I'm reading this correctly, but if you had to buy the Hannah Montana DVD to get the gift card, I'm pretty sure TRU won't allow you to return just that one item.[/QUOTE]

It has a line for a refund value under the price. Why would it have a refund value if I can't return it?

[quote name='karkyco']Huh? Both the 2 disc blu and 4 disc blu versions have different slipcovers. Only the regular DVD version has no slipcover.[/QUOTE]

Well shit. The Target I bought it at didn't have slipcovers on any versions DVD, Blu or 4 disc Blu.

if no one has seen, you can get an extra 30% off at best buys (it says u can only use it on regular price but it rings up on sale items as well) so mine cost 11.xx after tax

[quote name='ZForce915']Well shit. The Target I bought it at didn't have slipcovers on any versions DVD, Blu or 4 disc Blu.[/QUOTE]

That's really bizarre. I've been to 2 Targets this week, and all their Blu-rays had the slipcover.

bread's done
Back