TRU Sale 10/26 and 10/27 ONLY-Xbox 360 wired/wireless headset's 30% off

LiquidCrew

CAGiversary!
I just got an e-mail from Toy's R Us that lists the following on sale from 10/26-27 only. This is an in store offer only! No coupons, you should be able to walk in and walk out with these deals.

Free $15 gift card when you buy a 250g Xbox360 System-299.99
Save 30% on Xbox360 headsets-Wired Reg$19.99-Sale Price$13.99 Wireless Reg$49.99-Sale Price $34.99
Save $10 on Xbox360 Turbo Fire Wireless controller-Reg$39.99-Sale Price$29.99

[quote name='jigsaw918']might pick up a few back up headsets, since they are cheap (both here and made lol)[/QUOTE]

wouldn't it make sense to just invest in a good pair of turtle beach ones or something?

[quote name='100xp']wouldn't it make sense to just invest in a good pair of turtle beach ones or something?[/QUOTE]

It's nice to have the cheapy wired ones for when friends come over, so everyone can chat.

[quote name='100xp']wouldn't it make sense to just invest in a good pair of turtle beach ones or something?[/QUOTE]

Not if you don't like wearing headphones. I'd never want a Turtle Beach headset even if they were given them away for free for that reason. It would just take up space. Ok, well I'd take it, but then sell it on ebay. :)

I don't play online with friends enough to bother with this, though, and I absolutely hate hearing strangers - what a great way to ruin a good game. I wish there were a way to turn off voice chat completely for all games in one fell swoop, except, perhaps, for party chat.

[quote name='crunchewy']Not if you don't like wearing headphones. I'd never want a Turtle Beach headset even if they were given them away for free for that reason. It would just take up space. Ok, well I'd take it, but then sell it on ebay. :)

I don't play online with friends enough to bother with this, though, and I absolutely hate hearing strangers - what a great way to ruin a good game. I wish there were a way to turn off voice chat completely for all games in one fell swoop, except, perhaps, for party chat.[/QUOTE]

But in that case, would you even want cheap headsets? Let alone multiple headsets as backups?

[quote name='crunchewy']I wish there were a way to turn off voice chat completely for all games in one fell swoop, except, perhaps, for party chat.[/QUOTE]

I thought there was. If there isn't an option using the guide button and going into preferences, then you should look under parental control settings. It may sound odd to use them on yourself, but I'm almost certain there is a setting to completely disable all outgoing and incoming chat to the specified account.

[quote name='Crazyhowie']I thought there was. If there isn't an option using the guide button and going into preferences, then you should look under parental control settings. It may sound odd to use them on yourself, but I'm almost certain there is a setting to completely disable all outgoing and incoming chat to the specified account.[/QUOTE]

there is, i did it to my sons account.

Also, I used the jack from a broken headset plugged intot he controller to "turn off" voice. the xbox thinks theres a headset in, if you have voice chat set to headset only you wont hear a thing.

Good ideas, but can you apply parental controls to the parent account? I didn't think so, but perhaps so? I'd want friends-only as an option, but I presume that's there. I suppose I could make a new account and make *it* the "parent", mine a "child". Hmm.

And I might buy the wireless headset - not backups. I don't use chat a lot, but the wireless one would be nice for when I do.

I don't know how I didn't get the Email but, I just wanted to say thank you.

I stepped on another wired headset last week and was in need of another. I picked up the wireless (which I have wanted for a long time) with ease in Houston. Thanks again!

bread's done
Back