TRU sucks -- CS lady HUNG UP ON ME and they claim they don't have Gears 2 LE

Quintox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
I preordered Gears of War 2: Limited Edition about a few before game came out (Nov 7). Got it for $47.99 ($70 retail) using a coupon. (thanks CAG) !

So, as of today, I still haven't gotten the game. I just called up, spoke to some lady, who wasn't very helpful. She first said it should be there Monday, then she changed that day b/c she 'miscounted'. I told her that on my email link, it says that the item under Status is "Located in stock" and has been like that for 10 days.

She goes to get help and comes back saying someone will call me shorty. She also informs me that they can't find the LE anywhere online. I said well I paid for it, have 'proof' (emails) and I should get the LE, of course. She then asks "Thank you sir anything else I can help you with?". I then started to ask her when exactly the person will be calling me back so then she cuts me off and just keeps talking "OK well thank you have a good day". I KNOW she heard me, she started to speed up talking like she wanted me off the phone and was pretending she didn't hear my question so I said "What the hell are you doing?" then I heard speed talk through the phone so I said "What the f*$&" then she hung up.

This is ridiculous. I bet you nobody is going to call me back, and when (if) the game arrives it's not going to be the LE and I'm going to have to go through this shit again.

A shitty customer service story that doesn't have to do with either Gamestop or Circuit City; I'm shocked!

What is the world coming to?

Went through the same thing today. Just cancel your order cause as of right now toysrus online sucks. Their customer service don't know jack. All they will tell you is lies to get you off the phone.

[quote name='Quintox']I preordered Gears of War 2: Limited Edition about a few before game came out (Nov 7). Got it for $47.99 ($70 retail) using a coupon. (thanks CAG) !

So, as of today, I still haven't gotten the game. I just called up, spoke to some lady, who wasn't very helpful. She first said it should be there Monday, then she changed that day b/c she 'miscounted'. I told her that on my email link, it says that the item under Status is "Located in stock" and has been like that for 10 days.

She goes to get help and comes back saying someone will call me shorty. She also informs me that they can't find the LE anywhere online. I said well I paid for it, have 'proof' (emails) and I should get the LE, of course. She then asks "Thank you sir anything else I can help you with?". I then started to ask her when exactly the person will be calling me back so then she cuts me off and just keeps talking "OK well thank you have a good day". I KNOW she heard me, she started to speed up talking like she wanted me off the phone and was pretending she didn't hear my question so I said "What the hell are you doing?" then I heard speed talk through the phone so I said "What the f*$&" then she hung up.

This is ridiculous. I bet you nobody is going to call me back, and when (if) the game arrives it's not going to be the LE and I'm going to have to go through this shit again.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure we got the same deal. Anyway so I called TRU yesterday about my GoW2 LE also and I got a nice CSR. The lady told me she sent an email to the warehouse (where the item is being processed). She told me to call back on Monday because it takes 24-48 hours to receive a response. I guess I will call back on Monday and see if the item is in the process of shipping. TRU has crappy service but damn these deals I can't seem to pass them up. If it doesn't ship in a week I'm canceling my order.

Mine hasn't shipped in 2 weeks and the status says it's in stock for that 2 weeks. Every phone calls ends with a "it'll ship out in a few days." By the time we get the game, GOW2 would have dropped in price making this deal worthless.

[quote name='Short Round']A shitty customer service story that doesn't have to do with either Gamestop or Circuit City; I'm shocked!

What is the world coming to?[/quote]

:lol::applause::lol::applause:

...or the less common Best Buy 'horror' story...

[quote name='Quintox']This is ridiculous. I bet you nobody is going to call me back, and when (if) the game arrives it's not going to be the LE and I'm going to have to go through this shit again.[/quote]
It's because you're a Steelers fan.

TRU ripped me off. I returned 2 games to them and they go please wait 14 days to get your refund VIA Paypayl.

2 week came nothing
4 weeks came nothing

Called up and asked where the hell is my money. They claim they sent the money but PAYPAL ripped me off and pocketed the cash. Called paypal and they said TRU never returned a single penny to them

BUT they would give me a 1 time refund and Paypal gave me my cash back

#$#$#$ tru

[quote name='slidecage']TRU ripped me off. I returned 2 games to them and they go please wait 14 days to get your refund VIA Paypayl.

2 week came nothing
4 weeks came nothing

Called up and asked where the hell is my money. They claim they sent the money but PAYPAL ripped me off and pocketed the cash. Called paypal and they said TRU never returned a single penny to them

#$#$#$ tru[/QUOTE]

If they said you'll get it in 2 weeks, why the hell did you wait 4 weeks..?

My buddies' brother in law got told that the new World Of Warcraft expansion pack's collector's edition was out of stock by almost every employee of every Gamestop around here he called(cept for one, who said he should be able to sell the ones they have on reserve, since it's been 72 hours and no one has picked them up yet).

Yet I called my closest Gamestop, confirmed they had one copy in stock, told them to hold it for me for 10 minutes cause I'd be down and I got it NO PROBLEM.

He was PISSED when I brought it up to his house, but he bought it off me anyway, along with a Wii and 4 Wii games.

Funny stuff.

[quote name='Vinny']If they said you'll get it in 2 weeks, why the hell did you wait 4 weeks..?[/quote]It's slidecage.

[/thread]

[quote name='slidecage']TRU ripped me off. I returned 2 games to them and they go please wait 14 days to get your refund VIA Paypayl.

2 week came nothing
4 weeks came nothing

#$#$#$ tru[/quote]

Sounds like something that happened to me. To be honest I'm not sure if TRU or if Paypal screwed you over, as both companies are horrible when it comes to refunds. I returned a wii game through TRU because the item arrived damaged. I waited 3 weeks for the item to process and arrive at their warehouse. I know now that I think about it 3 weeks is a pretty damn long time to be waiting for a refund. After the 3rd week I called them and they claimed they would put in a request. I was told I would be receiving an email about the refund within 72 hours. 3 days later no email about my refund so again I had to call them. Finally after speaking with the second CSR the refund went through. Returning crap at TRU can be a PIA because they won't let you return online purchases in store.

[quote name='Vinny']If they said you'll get it in 2 weeks, why the hell did you wait 4 weeks..?[/QUOTE]

when i called 2 weeks later they said wait another 2 weeks

Just a heads up, I work in all facets of TRU (yes it sucks) and it's a proven fact that your refund is based on when TRU feels like sending to back to manufacturers or their insurance company for THEM to get theirs first, and then yours.

Sometimes, stuff sits in the back for a week or two until it needs to be cleared out for more inventory. There isn't a lot of initiative taken. This is for both items purchased in-store and online.

I don't think TRU has GOW2 LE. I remember it being advertised with the LE picture but they were only selling the standard editions. I have only seen those at Gamestop, CC, Target, and Walmart.

[quote name='Quintox']I preordered Gears of War 2: Limited Edition about a few before game came out (Nov 7). Got it for $47.99 ($70 retail) using a coupon. (thanks CAG) !

This is ridiculous. I bet you nobody is going to call me back, and when (if) the game arrives it's not going to be the LE and I'm going to have to go through this shit again.[/quote]

That part had me dyin' LMAO.

But yeah, she obviously heard you. That really sucks.

Well, my order shipped after I told them to cancel my order. Surprised? Not really since I knew this would happen. They couldn't even ship my order in a timely manner. Just imagine how long it would've taken to cancel my order.

[quote name='NovaKane']That part had me dyin' LMAO.

But yeah, she obviously heard you. That really sucks.[/quote]

We used to do that too when it was around 5-10 minutes to close at the retail places I've worked at. People would be calling 10 minutes before the store closes, saying they're 20 minutes away and can we stay open for them.

Even funnier was when I worked at one of those calendar kiosks at the mall a couple years back.

Just after Thanksgiving, there would be people standing there waiting for you to open up so they could pay $15-20 or more per calendar. The one lady watched me open up every other part of the stand, except for the cash register, for over 20 minutes.

I would always get there at least 30 minutes before the mall opened to be ready for when they did open. The lady kept sighing as I was fumbling around under the register without taking the cover off of it.

Once my boss told me he would pay me for the prep time and opening earlier than the mall, I would speed through everything and get the first 10 customers gone and have nothing to do except sit around till 11 am.

Before everyone piles on TRU, just remember that they honored the Buy 1, Get 1 Free sale when it was supposed to be Buy 1, Get 1 50% off. They could've canceled every order but they honored alot of them. I got 2 copies of Persona 3 FES for $30 shipped. I'd have to say that's a pretty good customer experience.

Also, a CSR will never give you an exact time that they will call you back because they don't know themselves. They could give you a time but do you really want someone to call you to say that they haven't head anything? Wouldn't you rather just get a call when more information became available?

And I hate to keep ragging but why would you order from a company that rarely gets new releases on time and never gets limited editions of games? Don't be blinded by a super low price.

My BS alarm is going off at a record rate here on this one. If I were the OP I'd call TRU back and tell them to either guarantee the copy will be shipped out that day/next day or cancel the order. Total bullshit on TRU's part.

Get your refund and do not pre-order from TRU again.

If I posted everytime I get shitty customer service, I would have my own sub-forum.

Doesn't surprise me - I spent a month fighting TRU to get a $16 refund. For some reason, the postal service refused to deliver three games I bought from them. I got a refund for the first two quick, but they just never received the third. After calling them numerous times (they basically told me to keep waiting), I finally got a refund.

Yeah, I personally won't order anything from TRU.com again - from what I've heard, it's just some other company TRU slapped their name on.

My GOW2LE finally shipped on Saturday. Like everyone, my order was stuck at "relocated in stock" for over a week.

[quote name='eau']My GOW2LE finally shipped on Saturday. Like everyone, my order was stuck at "relocated in stock" for over a week.[/quote]

i got an email today. Looks like mines just shipped.

bread's done
Back