TRU Wii pre-orders start TODAY - Website Error?

jetsetmario

CAGiversary!
Despite the fact that all stores have been instructed not to start pre-orders until Sunday the 29th.....

TRU.com is now advertising that preorders start at b&m stores TODAY. Expect mass confusion at the b&m stores in the morning as this is contrary to all the info we have received up until this point. You may want to print out the page from TRU's website at the links provided.

Good Luck.

Edit-Removed PS3 from thread title as the site is more vague about the preorder start date. Wii page still specifies "today" as of this edit(11:30 10/26). Here's hoping it's still there in the morning.

Wii
http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2474587&cp=2255974

PS3
http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2501686

Oh, boy...this is gonna get ugly at the B&Ms!
Thanks for the heads up, jetsetmario!

EDIT: Does it mention PS3 pre-orders starting today...I only see the mention on the Wii page.
I edited your tread title and added the words "Website Error?"

I saw that on the site too, but when I called the local TRU they said they started taking the orders monday (they are not open on sundays here).

Hold the phone. It says check stores for details (it's after hours on the East Coast). I'm not going to wait in line a few hours early just to find out I can't get a pre-order in. Going when the open, yes, but not going to wait unless I know for sure. Are you sure?

tru_ps3_reserve.gif

wow. mass hysteria. :lol:

even if i print out the website, then head down to a TRU. they'll just turn me down as the b&m stores will say that the website is false.

Oh boy, there goes my morning....Good thing I took off from work tomorrow on a whim, well actually so I can play some more Marvel Ultimate Alliance ;)

If anyone on the west coast can call there local TRU and find out if they are starting to take pre-orders tomorrow and report back I would appreciate it!

[quote name='bmarquardt']Hold the phone. It says check stores for details (it's after hours on the East Coast). I'm not going to wait in line a few hours early just to find out I can't get a pre-order in. Going when the open, yes, but not going to wait unless I know for sure. Are you sure?[/QUOTE]

In store they have directed us to start pre-orders on Sunday, yet the online site clearly states "Reserve yours today". So yea, tommorrow is going to get ugly.

actually all of the big book info is put into the system friday. I posted that info on the other thread earlier today. It is in the system tomorrow fyi (end of discussion), anyway some people might score both tomorrow with an uneducated employee/incompetent manager. My store is on the ball and it is a no go till Sunday.

My local store is saying they are doing the preorders on Sunday. I asked if they were going to have seperate lines for the systems and they told me the PS3 would probably have a seperate line.

Holy Sh**! Luckily I have tommorrow morning off work and school. I'm at a friend's house right now, and we're debating on whether I should stay the night and leave tommorrow. I'm in Missouri, so I'll just check this site out an hour or so before they open.

***A Big "Good Luck" to everyone here on CAG!***

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']It does say that, but I doubt anyone will actually allow it. My store says only on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Yea, they may try to argue that but so long as it is still up on the website in the morning it'll be interesting to see how TRU will talk their way out of it. TRU b&m stores have access to the internet so just press them on it.

[quote name='FreakyFink']Just called my local TRU. Pre-orders start Sunday. They're allocated 15 Wii & 6 PS3.[/QUOTE]

Same numbers here in San Antonio.

[quote name='FreakyFink']Just called my local TRU. Pre-orders start Sunday. They're allocated 15 Wii & 6 PS3.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'm sleeping in.

I sure hope they aren't tomorrow, as I really need to get a Wii preorder in. Plus, I was going to go grab another PS3 and another friend was going to get one. Hopefully it's still Sunday.

Big Book is now live on the site:

http://toysrus.richfx.com/catalog_toysrus/big_book_06_t/big_book_06_t.html (Pages 64-67)

Says to "Reserve it Now!"

Some people are in for a rude awakening when they are told it will be Sunday. What a cluster-you-know-what.

Edit: Interesting thing is, when you scroll over the PS3 with your mouse pointer it says "In store only". While, if you scroll over the Wii, it does NOT have that little pop up.

I think they mean "Reserve Yours Today!" in a purely marketing sense, to foster excitement. I don't think they mean it literally.

Anyway, I spoke to three TRU managers today, and all said Sunday is the day.

If it is in the system, what is stopping someone who works at TRU from pre-ordering PS3's for his friends tomorrow, and not Sunday. We all know how much money is involved with the PS3, and a lot of shady crap went down with the Gamestop PS3 pre-orders (remember the stores that claimed to only have ONE pre-order slot!)

I'm sure if somebody were vigilant enough.. printed off the website.. and confronted a manager.. I'm sure at least one or two would buckle.

Wow are there gonna be a bunch of pissed off moms!

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']If it is in the system, what is stopping someone who works at TRU from pre-ordering PS3's for his friends tomorrow, and not Sunday. We all know how much money is involved with the PS3, and a lot of shady crap went down with the Gamestop PS3 pre-orders (remember the stores that claimed to only have ONE pre-order slot!)[/quote]

Oh that's definitly going to happen.

I was just at a TRU and asked the electronic CRS when PS3 preorder are going to take place. The CRS said "No preorders, we're not even sure if we are getting any." I then asked when Wii preorder are going to take place. Got the same reply. I believe about the PS3, but for Wii as well? what a bull.

[quote name='dinobot']Oh that's definitly going to happen.

I was just at a TRU and asked the electronic CRS when PS3 preorder are going to take place. The CRS said "No preorders, we're not even sure if we are getting any." I then asked when Wii preorder are going to take place. Got the same reply. I believe about the PS3, but for Wii as well? what a bull.[/QUOTE]

Well most employees are tired of people asking about preorders and for a while the default response has been know. and not every employee knew about them. I just tell people to keep an eye on the sales ads.

as for employees buying up presales, i know at my store we are not allowed to do it for PS3s, but for the Wii yes.

I can't wait until sunday afternoon when people will still be coming in expecting us to have preorders, that will be a laugh.

So who's camping on Saturday night? Also I wonder if there will be a Wii line and a PS3 line. What if you want to preorder both :shock:?

confirmed at the Chandler, AZ store to be Sunday. 5 PS3s and 15 Wiis. I was expecting there to be more Wiis! Maybe there saving some for launch!?

My local store was unable to give me numbers for either Wii or PS3.

Another question. Is anyone's local store opening early on Sunday? According to the person I talked to, they're opening up at regular time (11am).

My store said at most 10 ps3 and didn't know how many wiis. I am planning on just going early in the morning like 5.

My store opens at noon and has no idea how many will be arriving. There's another TrU that's in the bad part of town, and I'm thinking that I'd have a better chance camping out there.

Sorry Jim, those were the numbers we were originally given. We are keeping some back for walk-ins on launch just as we did for the Xbox 360. Our allocations were drastically changed in the past three weeks. Also the website we now have is terrible. The operators need to be fired because this is the third screw-up they have done in the past month....

My girlfriend just called me and told me to run to TRU. Seems TRU was given the go ahead by corporate to take a limited number of Wii pre-orders today. Credit goes to a poster at SlickDeals for the info. I just picked up a pre-order for $50 at the Escondido, CA store.

Good luck.

bread's done
Back