True love or a billion dollars?

I think it's easier to find true love on your own than it is for you to find a billion dollars, so logically the money would be the better option.

i'll say this: if i was single and not in live with my wife, then i would not hesitate to take the money. but, since i "truly" love my wife and have grown quite fond of her over the past 10 years, I wouldn't give her up for any amount of money in the universe.

/sappiness

[quote name='DrunkTigerWoods']I'll take the money. Girls like money.[/quote]

"
Peter Gibbons: What would you do if you had a million dollars?
Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do, man, two chicks at the same time, man.
Peter Gibbons: That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?
Lawrence: Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I had a million dollars I could hook that up, cause chicks dig a dude with money.
Peter Gibbons: Well, not all chicks.
Lawrence: Well the kind of chicks that'd double up on a dude like me do.
Peter Gibbons: Good point.
"

[quote name='organicow']i'll say this: if i was single and not in live with my wife, then i would not hesitate to take the money. but, since i "truly" love my wife and have grown quite fond of her over the past 10 years, I wouldn't give her up for any amount of money in the universe.

/sappiness[/quote]

She's sitting right behind you, isn't she? :lol:

If you watched Citizen Kane, love is something that is not obtainable. Love is something that you must reconize it is there.

Let somebody else have the money, I would be happy with love.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='organicow']i'll say this: if i was single and not in live with my wife, then i would not hesitate to take the money. but, since i "truly" love my wife and have grown quite fond of her over the past 10 years, I wouldn't give her up for any amount of money in the universe.

/sappiness[/quote]

She's sitting right behind you, isn't she? :lol:[/quote]

Nah. if she was, i'd have to be pretending to do something constructive on the computer, rather than "just dicking around on that nerd site." Her words, not mine... :wink:

Well, I'm going to take this as I get one or the other, and the one I don't choose I will never have. I'll take love easily. With the billion dollars I'd probably spend it tring to find love and end up with cheap bar girls instead. Then I'd shoot myself after spending 40 lonely years in my mansion.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Well, I'm going to take this as I get one or the other, and the one I don't choose I will never have. I'll take love easily. With the billion dollars I'd probably spend it tring to find love and end up with cheap bar girls instead. Then I'd shoot myself after spending 40 lonely years in my mansion.[/quote]

Or one lonely year in your 40 mansions.

I'd go with true love. Money is easier to come by, and you don't really need it to be happy.

We know that a billion dollars exists. We don't know if true love does or not. Why not go with the one that may not be obtainable? :)

I'd go straight for the billion bucks.. :)
true love is hard to come by, but with money, I am given MANY opportunities that wouldn't come to me in a lifetime when I'm poor or broke, like buying whatever food I please when I'm hungry, or being able to afford to give poor people and hoboes money. I get happiness when I do good deeds for other people, or things that make people live life better, and that beats love in my book.

Well, if the love stayed true and stong for all the time I lived, I'd pick love. I mean, I wanna do many things with my life and I might as well feel an achievement from them like payment that I actually need.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']We don't know if true love does or not. Why not go with the one that may not be obtainable? :)[/quote]

Some of us do, despite what others may think.

But whatever makes you happy...that's the whole point of this topic, I guess. I've done the poor, broke college student thing for a while now...but I was happy regardless when I had love.

Love ain't that great. Sure it can make you the happiest you've ever been... But just like anything else in life, it's a double edged sword. It can also put you into the darkest depression you've ever experienced.

I'd take the cash.

I would get someone who was truly in love with me, and I with her. Then if we were to get married I would tell her that I have 1 Billion dollars. That could be used just to make sure she isn't using me.

[quote name='gamefreak117']I'd go straight for the billion bucks.. :)
true love is hard to come by, but with money, I am given MANY opportunities that wouldn't come to me in a lifetime when I'm poor or broke, like buying whatever food I please when I'm hungry, or being able to afford to give poor people and hoboes money. I get happiness when I do good deeds for other people, or things that make people live life better, and that beats love in my book.[/quote]

Well said, my friend.

Allow me to present this Anthrax song, N.F.B.:

We fell in love at first sight
I can't explain the feelings
When I first saw you
We were so so happy
A life of love sweet honey child
You'll always be mine
But then I played the fool
I never meant to hurt you
Or sleep with all your friends
We reconciled we found ourselves
Our love was meant to be
Oh baby can't you see

You left me standing in the mud
Crying to myself
A heart so full of pain
But we fell in love again
This time forever
True love prevails over all

She got hit by a truck

[quote name='PhrostByte']Love ain't that great. Sure it can make you the happiest you've ever been... But just like anything else in life, it's a double edged sword. It can also put you into the darkest depression you've ever experienced.[/quote]

could not the same be said for money?

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='PhrostByte']Love ain't that great. Sure it can make you the happiest you've ever been... But just like anything else in life, it's a double edged sword. It can also put you into the darkest depression you've ever experienced.[/quote]

could not the same be said for money?[/quote]

I said 3 things. I will offer 3 replies.

1] no 2] yes 3] no.

I just think love, the feelings that come with it... are incredibly strong, as strong as hate. Can one love money? Maybe. But I know I don't live money... I love Hannah though.

It's a very difficult question, I did think about it before I replied. I guess it just depends on (if you consider both sides of the sword) how much pain you can take.

On one hand, that insane amount of cash will buy you nice houses, cars, and as many video games as you want. You can buy a hooker, a mail order bride as someone mentioned, or you can try to look for a girl for yourself. That is the where the problem lies, you can make an attempt to conceal your riches, but I'm sure people will know somehow, maybe if you go to a different country you can pretend to be poor. But anyway, let's say you try finding a girl wherever you are, I think the only girls you're gonna get are the ones that are in it for the cash. Just amazingly hot, deceptive girls... That may not be the case but to me it seems like the most probable outcome. That I can deal with...

What I can't deal with is the crazy relationship I've had. Maybe it's finally getting better now, we're growing up perhaps? But before it was simply hellacious. We must have broken up and gotten back together like 50 times... I guess we're young and dumb, but we're learning. We've never cheated on each other... but we've had numerous other problems. In my personal experience, I've been the happiest I've ever been and the saddest because of her. Would I do it all over again if I had a choice? Probably.... but if I had to choose between meeting her in the first place and learning about what love is and 1 billion dollars, I'd skip the heart break... sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Anyway, you can flame me... But this is how I feel. If you wanna ask questions on the other hand, go ahead.

IMO there's a big difference between true love and unconditional love.

If the choice is true love or the money, I'd take the money.

If the choice is unconditional love or the money, I'd take hte unconditional love

[quote name='PhrostByte']Love ain't that great. Sure it can make you the happiest you've ever been... But just like anything else in life, it's a double edged sword. It can also put you into the darkest depression you've ever experienced.[/quote]

gotta take the good with the bad dude....i dont know how else to say it.

the bad shouldnt even be thought of as bad...yeah, it hurts...alot...but it should all be part of a process working back to the good.

altough it would be depressing at times, i would take the money... not just to be selfish, but with 1 billion you can help out and make a difference to those who need it.

Money. Money could buy you true love if you want it to. You know who says money can't buy true love? People that don't HAVE any money.

HOWEVER, if it was a choice between a girlfriend/wife I was ALREADY WITH that I did care about and a billion dollars, I'd probably pass on the money.

Happiness to me is keeping busy doing the things I like to do, being with friends/family, playing games, travelling, etc. All the stuff I already do. I have been in love before, and have no objections to being in love again. However, I consider myself a "loner". I am single and prefer it. I'll take the money. :)

bread's done
Back