True Swing Golf

T&E seems to have made about 10 average golf games in the past. How they're not getting any better is beyond me. Anyway this seems like a novel idea but it looks like touchscreen control makes the ball harder to hit accurately, and therefore I would imagine less fun.

[quote name='botticus']I was looking into it, but not with a $35 price tag. I think I can afford to wait on that one.[/QUOTE]

My words exactly.
End of topic.

You guys might want to consider buying a used copy of Tiger Woods PGA Tour for the DS. It runs for $10 at EBGames, and is a suprisingly good golf game once you get used to it.

Thought I'd copy my quick impressions from 4cr...

Picked up True Swing Golf on my way home. Only played a round so far, but it is pretty much what I expected - a 16-bit style golf game with the touch screen controls instead of a 3-click meter. It kind of reminds me of Golden Tee in its approachability so far, which is a good thing. I just want a relaxing golf game to play for about 15-30 minutes at a time or while sitting on a plane.

[quote name='Swingman']Mario Golf: Advance Tour on GBA might be the way to go once it hits cheapy bin.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably pick of True swing used or on sale, but Mario Golf is the best portable golf game ever! I think I have 50 hours into it and I still haven't finished it - I mean that in a good way (Could have finished it if I really wanted to). Hook it up to the Gamecube version and it is even more awesome.

[quote name='iheartmetal']isnt TSG made by the same people that do mario golf?[/QUOTE]

No, Camelot made Mario Golf using the Golden Sun engine. (Weird, but it works.)

[quote name='gambitmachete']*COUGH*hotshotsgolf*COUGH*[/QUOTE]

I'd honestly say Tiger Woods PGA Tour for the DS is the best handheld golf game ever. I have both Tiger Woods and Mario and Tiger Woods pwns Mario gameplay-wise. I'd rather have Tiger Woods over Hot Shots Golf because HSG is just a console port of a series that hasen't changed much, but Tiger Woods could only be done on the DS because of its unique touch screen implintation. In fact, I think I'll go play some Tiger Woods right now!

Thread, ARISE FROM YOUR GWAVE!!!

I picked this up 2 weeks ago from Best Buy for $15 and am loving it. I stayed away from it cause the control sounded complicated, but after playing the download demo, I could totally justfiy the $15 for it. I played it a ton over my Easter break, and am still really enjoying it. Anyone else still playing this game on occassion or just pick it up recently?

I ran away from this game when I played the demo at Target. It isn't fair because the screen was ridiculously scratched, so it registered my stylus about two inches from where it actually was, but it was still a bad experience.

[quote name='daroga']Thread, ARISE FROM YOUR GWAVE!!!

I picked this up 2 weeks ago from Best Buy for $15 and am loving it. I stayed away from it cause the control sounded complicated, but after playing the download demo, I could totally justfiy the $15 for it. I played it a ton over my Easter break, and am still really enjoying it. Anyone else still playing this game on occassion or just pick it up recently?[/QUOTE]

I got this in the TRU B2G1 deal a couple months ago. It's pretty fun, just because of the touch screen swing mechanic. But it really lacks any sort of strategy and could use some extras/customizability because it's pretty bare bones. Worth about $15 IMO

I just traded for this and got it today, I liked a demo in EB, definitely wouldn't pay more than $15-20 for it, but it's a good game. I like the swing mechanics and of course it's a lot better on my own DS than on the demo unit.

bread's done
Back