TRUs Oblivion CE $14.99

hbkhbk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just got back from TRUs near the Richmond, CA Hilltop mall area. The collector's edition of Elder's Scroll: Oblivion IV is only $14.99. There is one copy left, its behind the counter, so you'll have to ask for it.

I think the price is too good for the CE edition and deserves its own thread.

This is the xbox360 version!!!

[quote name='uEih']What coupon? And does it work online cause i checked best buys and i only saw Oblivion:GOTY and Shivering Isles.[/QUOTE]

Check the bestbuy compliation coupon thread, there is a $10 off coupon there. It works twice for me in the past week for Ninja Gaiden and Oblivion.

Just to clarify (it's been said MANY times)...

you CANNOT rent GOTY and keep the DLC. It ONLY works with the GOTY Disc 1.

Trust me. My cheap ass tried...and failed :(

[quote name='theironunkind']Just to clarify (it's been said MANY times)...

Trust me. My cheap ass tried...and failed :([/quote]

[quote name='Burchamj']I bought the GOTY at meijers and installed it. Now i use my old regular copy of the game and it works fine.[/quote]

uh so which is true?

Confirmed at the TRU location near Cumberland Mall in Atlanta, GA. I picked up the last copy, which had been sitting there for months. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Sentinel']Confirmed at the TRU location near Cumberland Mall in Atlanta, GA. I picked up the last copy, which had been sitting there for months. Thanks OP![/quote]

This makes me go Hmmmmm...

[quote name='theironunkind']Just to clarify (it's been said MANY times)...

Trust me. My cheap ass tried...and failed :([/QUOTE]

Thanks! I am now thinking of of returning my non-GOTY edition ($20) and buy it again this sunday from Bestbuy with $10 off coupon for $40. Is this cheaper than downloading all the expansion pack?

I can confirm that the Dublin, CA store had one for $15.98. I bought the only one. The sticker said $24.98 and it was behind the glass.

edit: I just noticed it is the version with a "T" rating on the box, but has an "M" sticker over the plastic for it. Someone on ebay listed the T version for $125 and said it was rare. Is that true? I doubt it's worth anywhere near that. I wasn't planning on selling this, but if it's worth that much, maybe I'll have to keep it sealed.

I thought 99% of TRU clearances were nationwide (with orange tagged electronics usually being the only exception). Is there a TRU expert in the house?

For those that have gotten the deal, can you check your UPC. I can only find one UPC online (710425298974), but with the change in the rating it seems like it would be possible to have a second UPC.

[quote name='scottman']I can confirm that the Dublin, CA store had one for $15.98. I bought the only one. The sticker said $24.98 and it was behind the glass.

edit: I just noticed it is the version with a "T" rating on the box, but has an "M" sticker over the plastic for it. Someone on ebay listed the T version for $125 and said it was rare. Is that true? I doubt it's worth anywhere near that. I wasn't planning on selling this, but if it's worth that much, maybe I'll have to keep it sealed.[/quote]

Yes! Keep it sealed!

They stopped making the cover with the T rating!

[quote name='buckythekat']uh so which is true?[/quote]

I 100% guaruntee that you only need to load the Expansion GOTY Disc.
Then you can play off your old disc.

I bought the GOTY edition for the Expansions, installed it on my 360, and my friends 360.

Then played the game with my original disc.
All of the Shivering Isle and Knights of Nine Content loads and works perfectly with out the GOTY Disc one. It works perfectly with the original disc.

My Friend and I have both been playing it for about 3 months.
He has completed all the new content.

I ebayed it after we confirmed it worked and got 54 bucks for it, of coarse that was only a week and a half after the GOTY came out.

So anyway just rent it. I think they even have it at Blockbuster.

[quote name='jkanownik']
For those that have gotten the deal, can you check your UPC. I can only find one UPC online (710425298974), but with the change in the rating it seems like it would be possible to have a second UPC.[/QUOTE]

That is the UPC that mine had.

I went back to my TRU since I'm not going to open my CE anymore, and bought the regular oblivion. Sticker said $16.98, and it rang up for $12.98. It was the non-platinum hits version cover, and they still had one left after mine. For that price, I'm not waiting for the goty version to drop. Finally, I get to enjoy this game!

Anyone get any extras? my TRU was all out, and i REALLY wanted the CE of this game. got the GOTY already, but i wanted the extras, like the map and coin and making of disc.

PM me if you got one to sell

I shall try this when my xbox is fixed...

[quote name='blair2100']I 100% guaruntee that you only need to load the Expansion GOTY Disc.

I bought the GOTY edition for the Expansions, installed it on my 360, and my friends 360.

All of the Shivering Isle and Knights of Nine Content loads and works perfectly with out the GOTY Disc one. It works perfectly with the original disc.

I ebayed it after we confirmed it worked and got 54 bucks for it, of coarse that was only a week and a half after the GOTY came out.

So anyway just rent it. I think they even have it at Blockbuster.[/quote]

Let's clarify a little: for those of you who got it at this price, did your store use tickets? Was there a different UPC on it?

My store still has a ton of the tickets left for this game, but a price check (at the CS desk) came up as $69.99.

[quote name='blair2100']I 100% guaruntee that you only need to load the Expansion GOTY Disc.

So anyway just rent it. I think they even have it at Blockbuster.[/quote]

I finally got Oblivion CE (Xbox360) after Christmas and I'm addicted :)

Question: I keep hearing that the game will eventually get "choppy" and you have to clear the cache from time to time. Simple enough, but does that clear the extra content (meaning I'd have to rent the GOTY again)?

bread's done
Back