Trying to buy PS3 Slim (Not Super Slim) refurb/used

Ktulu1611

CAGiversary!
Well I've looked online and there's only refurbs/used anymore. I bought one from Amazon Warehouse Deals and they described it as "Like New" but it looked like someone dragged it through baseball dirt in the rain, I'd hate to see what the other conditions were. Has anyone else had an actual good experience with AWD for this type of thing? Anyway Amazon has a great return policy and took it back.

Should I give AWD more chances and just keep returning till I get a decent system? Or should I just be looking at Best Buy and Gamestop now? Has anyone had any experiences buying refurbished PS3s from them? I can't find any specifics on Best Buy's return policy, seems like a standard one but the terms and length aren't outlined clearly. I spoke with someone from Gamestop on the phone and they told me their terms and also mentioned there's an optional protection plan.

Gamestop does have some good deals on refurbished/used PS3s for Black Friday, so I may wait for that. I need a system that isn't filthy and works fine and some sort of protection or return option so I'm not stuck with something busted or that looks like it was pulled out of a dumpster.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could also look for a system on http://www.cowboom.com

Every once in a while they'll have a flash sale on video game consoles. You can also pick up an optional 1 or 2-year protection plan for a bit extra. Just make sure the system comes with a controller or you may need to pick one up. If you have any local video game shops or pawn shops you can also check them out. There's also Craigslist...

If you do decide to get one at Gamestop during their Black Friday sale make sure you add at the very least a 1-year warranty.

bread's done
Back