Trying to figure out a way to do a Call of Duty Zombie Tournament

bingbangboom

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
I am trying to figure out the best way to do a Zombie tournament with Call of Duty: World at War's Nazi Zombie mode.

There are a few ways to do it but we have time constraints and unlike other games like Left 4 Dead or Gears of War 2, some people can play on for a very long time with this mode.

The one idea I did have was putting a time limit, 20-25 mins, to see what team gets the highest point total. I know points are used to buy guns but figured this might come into play with strategy. What do you think?

I would base it off kills, not point total. If you can't get a decent gun throughout, you're going to be spending a ton of points trying to get the ray gun or flamethrower.

Flamethrower? That thing blows in later levels. How well does everyone do(level-wise) here anyway? How would you track this anyway? Honor system?

You could do it by levels on the new map and limit it to the starting house so no tonics/sodas can be used, and once the weapons box leaves you are stuck there with the weapons on the walls.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Corvin']Flamethrower? That thing blows in later levels. How well does everyone do(level-wise) here anyway? How would you track this anyway? Honor system?

You could do it by levels on the new map and limit it to the starting house so no tonics/sodas can be used, and once the weapons box leaves you are stuck there with the weapons on the walls.[/QUOTE]

Flamethrower/Ray gun is a pretty good combo in all honesty, as long as you get someone to cover your back when the FT overheats. Depends on which level you're playing.

Levels really don't matter all too much. You can get to level 20 and only have double digit kills, or you can get to level 10 and kill hundreds. It's all dependent on the situation at hand.

Nazi Zombie's really isn't set up for any sort of tournament types. It's all very team mate dependent and strategy dependent for the most part. Sometimes you just get terrible luck.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Flamethrower/Ray gun is a pretty good combo in all honesty, as long as you get someone to cover your back when the FT overheats. Depends on which level you're playing.[/QUOTE]

Maybe if your still below level 10, that things takes ages to kill zombies once it gets to the higher levels.

You could do highest kills, then most points, in a 5 round game (or 10 round game).

20 minute time limit would be good as well. It'd prevent the players from saving the last zombie from death to fix up the windows and stuff.

[quote name='life.exe']Maybe if your still below level 10, that things takes ages to kill zombies once it gets to the higher levels.[/QUOTE]

What else do you recommend? I can always use another strategy. The ray gun seems to be a must.

I'd go with a time limit and tiebreak in this order: round # -> kills -> points -> headshots. Round # first, as that's the clearest indicator of progression. I believe spawn count stays the same for each round, so it's a level playing field.

[quote name='mtxbass1']What else do you recommend? I can always use another strategy. The ray gun seems to be a must.[/QUOTE]

Ray Gun and MG42/Browning. I prefer the MG42 because you can actually reload that gun in a firefight.

[quote name='mtxbass1']What else do you recommend? I can always use another strategy. The ray gun seems to be a must.[/QUOTE]

the ray gun is a must. It's the single most powerful weapon in nazi zombies. The flamethrower is a decent back up gun to have, but like someone else said not after level 10 or so. It's good if you're glitching.

I would go for the highest kill count, points are really easy to rack up as long as you avoid getting headshots. You could hit body shots all day then finish them off. If the # of kills are tied then I'd count the points. However, I'm not sure how well it'll go, some people might let their teammate die in order to take advantage of more kills/points.

Like G33 said, I'd start with the team with the highest level reached (so teamwork is involved) --> most kills --> most points (tie breaker)

[quote name='G33']
Ray Gun and MG42/Browning. I prefer the MG42 because you can actually reload that gun in a firefight.[/QUOTE]

I second this recommendation along with the Speed Tonic so you can reload that MG in a flash.

bread's done
Back