Trying to find "cheap" xbox live wired headset

orbit18

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Does anyone know where to get a cheap xbox 360 wired headset? I'm very hesistant to buy one for 20 dollars at full price, because, personally I think its a ripoff as they break so easily. I've had two or three that just stopped working, no clue to how it just stopped. Does anyone know a good alternative, long lasting idea where I could find a cheap or decent priced headset? Thanks in advance!

Best Buy should have End War wireless headset bundles for $40 or less- a lot of people reported $20. If you can find one, you can eBay the game for like $15 and get a super cheap wireless headset.

Authentic stuff from Amazon.

Plantronics
Xbox 360 over the ear headset. $12.99
21XZPERJ35L._SL500_AA220_.jpg

Microsoft Xbox 360 communicator $10.55
31JDDK6SHHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

im glad i can get it cheap, however i really want them to be durable. The official xbox ones break for me so easily, they just stop working.

The original ones i have had break on me all the time (the talk on/off switch being connected directly to controller), but i don't know about the new ones (talk on/off switch being farther up the cord).

And from what i can tell it is the switch piece that is breaking and not the headset itself.

[quote name='orbit18']im glad i can get it cheap, however i really want them to be durable. The official xbox ones break for me so easily, they just stop working.[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind a speaker in your ear you should get a Plantronics Halo 2 Headset.

You can get one for around $13 bucks on Ebay. I've had 2 in 5yrs. They last forever and they are really durable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-XBOX-LIVE-H...ries?hash=item4147c3bfc6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Before you buy it you should know the ear piece that goes in your ear will crack and break. All you need to do is put a small drop of hot glue on it when it breaks. Its not a big issue at all its a easy fix.

It's easily the best headset on the market. The only way you can break it is by getting it really really wet.... :( That's how I broke both of mine.

[quote name='d_south_cr']If you don't mind a speaker in your ear you should get a Plantronics Halo 2 Headset.

You can get one for around $13 bucks on Ebay. I've had 2 in 5yrs. They last forever and they are really durable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-XBOX-LIVE-H...ries?hash=item4147c3bfc6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Before you buy it you should know the ear piece that goes in your ear will crack and break. All you need to do is put a small drop of hot glue on it when it breaks. Its not a big issue at all its a easy fix.

It's easily the best headset on the market. The only way you can break it is by getting it really really wet.... :( That's how I broke both of mine.[/QUOTE]

I had the Halo 2 headset and I can say it lasted me for a very long time. It was also really comfortable despite the way it looked. I think I bought mine off amazon.com for about $5 a long time ago.

My favorite right now is the Motorola Gaming Headset. It gets a lot of bad reviews, but I haven't had mine die on me in about 6 months so far. It's usually very hard for me to find a headset that fits comfortably, and this one fit snuggly. The sound is clear on it and I can hear everyone louder than on the Microsoft headset.

For what its worth I had 1 crap out on me a few months back so i called M$ and they said they would replace it but i had to ship it to them. Well that was a no go since I tried to repair it on my own and basically destroyed the triangular part that plugs into the controller. So i just decided to buy 2 on ebay that way when 1 inevitably broke Id have another for back up. A few days later I got a package in the mail. Too my surprise it was a headset from the repair center in texas! I ended up with 3 headsets and the one they sent me is still going strong. So even if you decide to purchase another one cal M$ and see if theyll replace yours!

Yeah I just don't like they have shipping charges. I'm still trying to find a headset, I took all your guys suggestions but I'm still trying to find a cheap one, but thats not gunna crap out on me. :( Sigh

edit: i think i might go with that plantronics one, it actually has some decent reviews!

bread's done
Back