Trying to get a job at gamestop...any tips?

Don't do it. Honestly that is the best tip I can give you, I worked there for around a year and almost anywhere is bettter than Gamestop. I made a couple dollars more per hour working at TRU after leaving Gamestop and didn't have the responsibilities that I ended up with at Gamestop (was promoted to manager and still made over a dollar less than just being a cashier at TRU).

Application + Resume. If you're kind of nerdy or have tits.. you're in.

I applied before.. but I think I wasn't nerdy enough and got rejected. I should have worn my glasses, suspenders, and douchebag hat.

Sorry, if you're in grad school you're too smart to work at gamestop. However, if you're enough of a douche bag they may still take you.

[quote name='mis0']Application + Resume. If you're kind of nerdy or have tits.. you're in.

I applied before.. but I think I wasn't nerdy enough and got rejected. I should have worn my glasses, suspenders, and douchebag hat.[/QUOTE]

Lol at douchebag hat.

If you've got no balls, no soul, and willing to be treated like the crap that accumulates under your fingernails then chances are you're Gamestop material. Seriously; if you knew the shady shit that went on you'ld reconsider.

As everyone else has said go apply at TRU. It was one of the best jobs i've ever had. Loads and loads of fun.

I wouldn't do it.

If you're going to grad school you should be working on a paid assistantship as you learn a ton from that. I tell people not to go to grad school without one in most fields. Unless you're doing medicine, law, business etc. where they don't often offer them, then you live on loans and pay them off with the big bucks you make after graduating.

But you said "studying for grad school" so maybe you meant for entrance exams etc., in that case a part time job is ok. But you could still find something better than Gamestop who pays crappy and puts a lot of pressure on employees to get preorders, magazine subscriptions, warranties etc.

Suck the managers dick.

I've been told by employees I know, the only way you get hired is if your friends of an employee. Either they tell the manager to hire you, or the manager knows you. They actually told me they don't touch applications, ever. I was offered a job by the same guy... I declined. I have *some* dignity.

Tip? You're not getting laid....

"Hey.....I work at GameStop.....can get you a 25% trade-in credit on all used GBA games...."

Here's a tip kid.....go work at a store like Hollister/American Eagle/J.Crew.....easiest place to make money and bang bitches.

bread's done
Back