Trying to remember the name of an arcade game

retrothomas

CAG Veteran
There was a game I vaguely recall playing as a kid in the arcade (let's say late eighties). From what I remember you played as a person with a sword and fought against a series of monsters, such as a hydra or medusa. The sprites were pretty large and I remember the graphics having a greenish hue. I believe there was a stage/enemy select screen or a sequence in which the fights happened.

Does anyone remember a game like that? I remember I was terrible at it.

Thank you in advance if you can dig up this memory for me!

Was it a side scrolling hack and slash? or more of a fighting game type. confused because an enemy select screen seem kinda like a fighting game or something.

Hmm... I'm sorry for the vagueness but that's all that I can recall. I specifically remember the hydra/medusa type monster and that I couldn't get past it. I get the impression it was more of a fighting 1-on-1 type of game, like where you proceed in sequence as you beat each opponent.

I don't think Rastan or Gladiator are it. Thank you for your responses though :)

Rastan looks like an awesome game! I'm going to have to play it sometime.

I am sorry for thread jacking, but I am also looking for a side scroller beat em up game, and it reminds me of something along the lines of Dynasty Warriors. There were at least like 5 characters you could choose from and you could beat people up, it was very asian.

[quote name='assassinX']I am sorry for thread jacking, but I am also looking for a side scroller beat em up game, and it reminds me of something along the lines of Dynasty Warriors. There were at least like 5 characters you could choose from and you could beat people up, it was very asian.[/QUOTE]

That game was by Capcom and called Tenchi O Kurau II or Warriors of Fate. There is a Saturn import of it.
574421_13448.jpg

Also, topic creator, you might be thinking of Magic Sword by Capcom or maybe Rastan 2.

Hmm Jboy not exactly I also remember there was kind of like an inventory system in this game. Maybe thats why I really liked it, you pushed a button then like 4 screens popped out from your character.

bread's done
Back