Tsel's 100th Feedback Giveaway Spectacular! - CONTEST OVER!

Favorite game so far is probably Red Dead Redemption. I didn't know how much I liked Westerns until that game. Loved the different weapons and horses you could obtain, loved that it had poker (huge poker fan here) and liked that you could kill animals and take their hide to sell. This game was beautiful even with all the glitches. Great game and story!

My favorite game would have to be Borderlands. I would say 2 now but the original was the first game my girlfriend and I were able to play together. After we got through the top heavy beginning and became overly powerful we had a great time blasting everything that moved. We even played through all of the DLC together! It is a great mix of RPG and FPS. A lot of great memories with that game!

I quickly learned with Halo that if it explodes and it can stick to me she will make sure I walk away with a present.... :hot:

I think for me it all comes down to Mega Man 2, just such solid, challenging, unforgiving gameplay. The variety of weapons was great too. Thanks for the shot.

Portal and Portal 2.... the voice of GlaDos is oddly addictive/fun to listen to, the puzzles are pretty creative, the physics is more than entertaining, and the writing for the game is the best I've experienced in a while.

Side bit too: the voice of GlaDos is featured in the new upcoming movie Pacific Rim! unsure if this is an intentional reference or not but still cool!

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. This was the game that truely started my love for videogames. I remember openning it on christmas morning and being so excited. My father and I would play it for hours. He would even play it after I went to bed, which made me so jealous. This is one of the few games I have beaten at least ten times and enjoyed it the same each time.

Thank you for this awesome contest!

Quake 3 Arena, I know this wouldn't be on top of everybody's list but I wasted a lot of time on this game in my late teen years. It all started on the Dreamcast, then transferred over to the PC and it basically really brought me into online gaming. I never even used the Internet before the Dreamcast and I always stigmatized it as a nerd haven. To my surprise this game really drew me into a competitive play mode and I made some really good friends online and in person.

Dust: an Elysian tale. the hand drawn visuals, immersing story line and a amazing combo button masher system that make you look like a badass no matter how terrible you are, what's not to like.

Dishonored. Because I love stealth games. And completing a mission without alerting anyone is so freaking satisfying.

[quote name='vantheman']E.T. for Atari. The graphics are astounding, the gameplay is phenomenal, and it is exactly like the movie! [/QUOTE]
You sir made me laugh, gotta love the pit of death.

I guess I have to say Out of this World. It was the game that made me love pc gaming. Great story, gameplay, graphics, and ending.

Thanks for the contest op, it is fun reading what other people say.

The first Deus Ex. I've played through it a dozen or so times over the years. Elements of it certainly show their age at this point, but it still holds up pretty well. I love the general design of that game and it has a great soundtrack.

My favorite game of all time is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
When I was younger, I always went to my friend's house to watch him play. At the beginning of the game, I loved how beautiful the forest is and the tricky, scary dungeons. I noticed Nintendo put in so much details to the game. It has a great story, fun dungeons (except the water temple, why are they always so tough?!), in my opinion, the best music score ever and the boss fights were well thought of for it's time.
After I watched my friend beat the game, I decided to try it out for myself and I love every bit of it.
I then took a long break from gaming and i tried out other Zelda games and I grew to love gaming and it's series. I even plan on having a whole Zelda arm sleeve in a few years or so and hopefully someday, I will work for them!

Disgaea is definitely my favorite game. Great characters, great writing and tons of content. First game I played where your max level was 4 digits. Also, what other game lets you equip a Horse Weiner?

Deadly Premonition for X360. This game is so crazy! There are countless plot twists that keep you guessing, strange and quirky characters, and a pretty creepy atmosphere. Everything about this game is so different from the ordinary. It incorporates a variety of gameplay elements and keeps things interesting and fresh. Overall, it had me laughing out loud, jumping at scary moments, and constantly thinking about what was going on.

On a more personal note - it's also my favorite because it is the first game my significant other and I played all the way through together :D

Fallout 3 because I waited forever for it to be made/released. Then I was so overwhelmed when I first stepped out of the vault that I had to stop playing. I finally started it up again 2 and a half years later and ended up putting 154 hours into completing it. Enjoyed every minute.

/True story

My favourite video game is System Shock 2 for the PC. Perfect blend of horror, FPS and RPG elements. Plus, it gives me goosebumps just thinking about the zombie-like creatures who moan out "kill me" as they attempt to hit you with a wrench.

[quote name='Blade']This may be a little obscure, but my absolute favorite game is The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. I know a lot of people were unhappy with the change, especially given the screens Nintendo revealed of the game a year before--I have a poster of it on my wall and they look more like Twilight Princess than Wind Waker--but I personally loved the visuals. It was a crisp, refreshing art style that hadn't been done much before, and it has been duplicated many times since. Not only was that great, but the feeling of such a continuous, open sea world only enhanced the experience. If only you were able to go underwater, the game would've been incredible; but it was only a GameCube game, so the lack of that much depth (heh) is understandable. The story and locations were also quality works, the likes of which you'd expect from a top-notch Nintendo title.

Finally, the ending to Wind Waker is amazing. It's one of the best endings I have ever seen to any game, movie, or show. It's just awesome.[/QUOTE]

In lieu of an entry I'd like to "vote" for this poster.

Windwaker had the best beginning, ending, underworld, music, and boss fights any Zelda. It's the high-water mark of one of the most celebrated gaming franchises. The only negative would be the overworld and the tedious wind mechanic.

If it did not have the best art design of any game, all time, I'd like to know the game that did. Nothing from its era or before has aged as well visually.

Finally, this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN_x1rpGbY8

Last edited by a moderator:
Silent Hill 2. It marked the pinnacle of survival horror and it carries a heavy burden of not only being the best game of the series, but also one of the best games around. That's a lofty remark, but it's true. It was before the time of games giving you a huge open ended world to run around in which thus started a trend of "do anything" games. It was even before "cinematic" games such as Shadow of the Colossus and Heavy Rain. I feel that it is the closest to a film a game will ever come. The story is of a man desperately searching for his dead wife in a shell of a town. The characters he meets along the way are unlike any other character in a game ever since--they are selfish and despicable. People can complain about the controls, but that further encompasses you into the game... You're in a world that isn't real and you just want to get to your wife. You're being attacked by monsters and you aren't some military buff or ex-cop... You're just a regular guy who has lost everything. Couple that with Akira Yamaoka's pristine score and sound design..... It's just hard to top. It's beautiful and disgusting and welcoming and damning.

I loved Oblivion. I think it had many flaws, but in my opinion, just so much to do, so much to play. It really got me hooked on gaming and I basically never left my Xbox for about 2 or maybe 10 months.

Tales of Vesperia. Reason? If you've played it before then I don't have to explain. Even better was that I bought it randomly after seeing it at Gamestop and noticing it was a JRPG.

Still the first Legend of Zelda for the NES (though the Mass Effect trilogy is closer than any other game I think I've ever played to toppling it). I rented and beat it soo many times when I was a kid. Eventually bought 3 carts and beat it over and over again until the battery died in the first 2. The third one I'm keeping preserved in it's original sleeve, but I'm sure the battery is long since dead. :(

The first Legend of Zelda was just so far ahead of its time, actual saving (rather than codes), a gargantuan open world to explore, boss battles that required strategy (and different strategies required for each boss), and well, let's admit it: Who wouldn't want a super powerful sword that also shoots out a deadly projectile copy of itself?

Final Fantasy IV. Fell in love with the game the moment I played it as a kid, and have since played it every chance I get. Adult Rydia is too cute for words too. :3

The original Super Mario because it was the first game I ever played. Not to mention the soundtrack is one of the most iconic and recognizable in history. Plus it included duck hunt on the cartridge. Win win.

L.A. Noire because the game feels just like the movie and the facial features in the game is amazing.

I loved playing the first Infamous because your mood could actually affect the game and how it plays out. You could be playing totally pissed off and choose the evil options or just mow down some innocents to take the evil karma deduction. This would change which missions are available further down the road. Also, the free roaming, building climbing, and sliding from building to building across the wires was just too damn fun.

Ico - Beautiful solitary experience. Loved exploring the world. Fell in love with the girl.

Thanks for the giveaway!

Portal 2 is my favorite game because the humor puts me in a great mood and it takes a simple idea of creating portals and creates a challenging, but yet enjoyable experience.

Definitely GTA San Andreas. I've spent countless hours playing since Day One. I love the open-world, variety of things to do, and the campaign was great as well.

Chrono Trigger. It has a fantastic story, one of the best soundtracks ever, fantastic active battle system. It includes romance, action, drama, Time Travel, what more could you ask for?

Contest is over! Thanks everyone for playing. It came down to these two answers:

[quote name='Blade']This may be a little obscure, but my absolute favorite game is The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. I know a lot of people were unhappy with the change, especially given the screens Nintendo revealed of the game a year before--I have a poster of it on my wall and they look more like Twilight Princess than Wind Waker--but I personally loved the visuals. It was a crisp, refreshing art style that hadn't been done much before, and it has been duplicated many times since. Not only was that great, but the feeling of such a continuous, open sea world only enhanced the experience. If only you were able to go underwater, the game would've been incredible; but it was only a GameCube game, so the lack of that much depth (heh) is understandable. The story and locations were also quality works, the likes of which you'd expect from a top-notch Nintendo title.

Finally, the ending to Wind Waker is amazing. It's one of the best endings I have ever seen to any game, movie, or show. It's just awesome.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vulgarism']Silent Hill 2. It marked the pinnacle of survival horror and it carries a heavy burden of not only being the best game of the series, but also one of the best games around. That's a lofty remark, but it's true. It was before the time of games giving you a huge open ended world to run around in which thus started a trend of "do anything" games. It was even before "cinematic" games such as Shadow of the Colossus and Heavy Rain. I feel that it is the closest to a film a game will ever come. The story is of a man desperately searching for his dead wife in a shell of a town. The characters he meets along the way are unlike any other character in a game ever since--they are selfish and despicable. People can complain about the controls, but that further encompasses you into the game... You're in a world that isn't real and you just want to get to your wife. You're being attacked by monsters and you aren't some military buff or ex-cop... You're just a regular guy who has lost everything. Couple that with Akira Yamaoka's pristine score and sound design..... It's just hard to top. It's beautiful and disgusting and welcoming and damning.[/QUOTE]

It was incredibly difficult to pick between the two of these answers, since they were both very well-written and truly explained to me WHY those games were your favorites. Since it's Christmas time and I'm having a hard time deciding who to pick, I've decided that you're both winners. PMs coming your way. Congrats!

[quote name='Tsel']Contest is over! Thanks everyone for playing. It came down to these two answers:

It was incredibly difficult to pick between the two of these answers, since they were both very well-written and truly explained to me WHY those games were your favorites. Since it's Christmas time and I'm having a hard time deciding who to pick, I've decided that you're both winners. PMs coming your way. Congrats![/QUOTE]

Congrats to the winners and to your holiday spirit of giving them both the prizes.

See you next time.

Yes, thanks Tsel! I can also pick up an extra game! Might get Deadlight finally. :D Happy holidays!

bread's done
Back