Tsilon Giving Away Resistance On Vita To Members In Toronto/Vancouver

It's viral marketing. Seeing the name of the poster above who just signed up, and the linked site...

Anyways, you can signup at http://tsilon.ca/
That's "nolist" backwards, deep. Anyways, there you'll get some nonsense about clues and hints that you aren't going to figure out yourself. You're going to plug stuff like "tsilon yelo" into Google and plug whatever answers you find back into tsilon. It won't update instantly when you enter correct(?) answers, so expect to be spending several hours searching for answers to maybe gain access to the "G-List".
Once you're in you can do, umm, stuff, for them to maybe get free stuff or coupons. I got in and found it wasn't worth my time.

It doesn't look like there are any special requirements to attend this event. Other than you know, the mandatory friend you need to bring with you. Undoubtedly to indoctrinate him to this marketing pyramid.

LOL wow thanks for the reply..sounds like it's not worth my time either...wasn't really interested in the whole free game anyway since i don't have a vita..just wanted to know what it was but yeah it really doesn't seem like it's worth the time and effort!

Thanks again for explaining it :)

It is most definitely worth the time and effort.

I only signed up a month ago and became level 10 in 2 days , and so far i already got 9 20$ off pre-order codes and used em all.

Its nice gettin new vita or 3ds games half price , or new releases for 40$.

Just my 2 cents , but id say its well worth it.

[quote name='IceCreamTaco']It is most definitely worth the time and effort.

I only signed up a month ago and became level 10 in 2 days , and so far i already got 9 20$ off pre-order codes and used em all.

Its nice gettin new vita or 3ds games half price , or new releases for 40$.

Just my 2 cents , but id say its well worth it.[/QUOTE]

100% agree with IceCream Taco.
I joined the site when it was first mentioned on the boards here.
Since joining I've gotten:
1 free game (up to 59.99) value with free shipping.
Turtle beach headset discount (can't remember the exact amount but it was a good deal)
$50 off a PSVita
$20 off Lollipop Chainsaw preorder
10 $20 preorder codes. Mixed these between 3DS /Vita/360 games so the games only cost me 19.99-39.99.
All items qualified for free shipping.

There have been other promos through the site but some didn't interest me because I already owned things like the 3ds or were for games I wasn't going to play like Starhawk.

You have to solve some puzzles to get in to the site but once you're in its just answering triva questions/daily questions to get XP to level 10.
At level 10 you get in to the members area where you get the discounts.

Its all orders from futureshop so yes this is likely viral marketing for them, but free/discounted stuff is well worth the effort if you like to save, and a lot better than just watching some viral marketing video.

The site really isn't that bad. It focus more on gaming then having a non stop growing backlog just buying games but never getting to them.

I'm in the G-list boat, its like a bonus for gaming.

So far I've gotten

1 free $59.99 game
$120 in credit for CinemaNow
5 x $20 off game coupons

Its fun if you've already done the challenges/have extra time. Its not for everyone mind you, some of us have full time jobs/school to attend to. I just put in what I can.

How long does it take to get perks e-mailed to you? I signed up and reached Level 10 on Monday and I requested a Skyrim avatar prop and a $20 Cinemanow voucher, but still nothing.

I see there's a $20 off Borderlands 2 perk coming up soon and I definitely want to get in on that.

I'm planning to check out the event next Saturday. I already have Burning Skies for my Vita (used the $10 off perk from the site for it), so I'll just bring my copy to play with. Either way, it sounds like it could be fun and there are other possible things to be won, so it seems worth going to.

[quote name='IceCreamTaco']youre really gonna complain about a free game getting bad reviews? lol[/QUOTE]
I'm not complaining, I'm just not going to waste time and effort jumping through hoops to get a bad game for free.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I'm not complaining, I'm just not going to waste time and effort jumping through hoops to get a bad game for free.[/QUOTE]

Well I heard there are other stuff that's going to be given away. Like futureshop gift cards and such... Well I have work so I won't be attending, if I had the day off I would go, just to see and meet some new gamers I guess.

Jumping on the Tsilon.ca praise bandwagon. so far I've gotten:

-Free game (I chose Dragon's Dogma, couldn't be more satisfied)
-Majorly discounted Turtle Beach headset (perfectly timed with my Zalmans crapping out on me)
-about 6 20$ off pre-order codes
-and some other stuff

All for playing games I already own or simply submitting challenges that I had already completed, some times years before the site even existed.

Was the $60 voucher a previous perk or does everyone receive it? I read something about reaching Level 18 to get one... currently at Level 14 and I recently submitted a Challenge so I should be getting close.

[quote name='Heartless18']Was the $60 voucher a previous perk or does everyone receive it? I read something about reaching Level 18 to get one... currently at Level 14 and I recently submitted a Challenge so I should be getting close.[/QUOTE]

It was a previous perk.

[quote name='TrendyGamer']If you live in Toronto or Vancouver, all Tsilon.ca members will be given a free copy of Resistance: Burning Skies.[/QUOTE]
There's only a limited amount of games available, so depending on how many people show up, late-commers may not get one.
Also you HAVE to bring a PSVita with you to take part in a tournament/or game session to actually get & keep the game.

There will be other prizes/possibly swag for +1's but don't expect to get the game without a Vita

bread's done
Back