Turbo Grafx 16 Game Systems + Turbo Express + Games + and a lot more

EllsinoreOutlaw

CAG Veteran
I was wondering is this worth buying or should I try to find a better deal on
Turbo Grafx 16 stuff!

Here is the list and link, with pics!

========================================================

System Hardware & Packaging
(2) Turbo Grafx 16 Console Systems (with all original A/C adaptors, filters & switches)
(1) Turbo Grafx Booster
(2) Turbo Grafx (Rear) Adaptors
(4) TurboPad Controllers
(1) TurboTap
(1) Turbo Express (16 bit color mobile game system)
(1) Car Adaptor (Turbo Express)
(1) A/C Adaptor (Turbo Express)
(1) TurboVision TV Tuner (Turbo Express)
(1) Laserline Game Box Storage Unit
(21) Original boxes for Games
Original boxes for systems, accessories, plastic bags, foam, twist ties, etc.

Games
Bonk’s Adventure
Bonk’s Revenge
Ninja Spirit
Legendary Axe II
Night Creatures
Splatterhouse
Double Dungeons
Champions Forever: Boxing
Vigilante
J.J. & Jeff
Blazing Lazers
Alien Crush
Pac-Land
Keith Courage in Alpha Zones
Fantasy Zone
Aero Blasters
Bravoman
Psychosis
YO’ Bro
Pac-Land
The Legendary Axe
Keith Courage in Alpha Zones
Victory Run

Price for the total package = $500 cash
======================================================

>>Link and pics

IIRC, a Turbo Express is usually worth $100-150 in good condition. I'd sya if you have the cash, that's a good deal for that bundle

I'll admit that I'm not really up to date on the collector's value of this stuff, but personally that seems pretty pricey. I was a fan of the TG16 back in the day, and had the TG16, Turbo Duo, Turbo Express, etc, but a lot of the stuff doesn't hold up all that well these days. I realize that this isn't quite the same thing from the standpoint of a collector, but for that kind of money you could get a modded PSP (better than the Turbo Express in every way and still can play TG16 games) and a Wii (can play TG16 via the Virtual Console, plus a lot more) and still have money left over for games.

not sure what the collector's value is, but it's not worth near that much in terms of gaming enjoyment.

That is a nice bundle especially considering that most/all of the stuff has the packaging in what looks to be great condition. I would agree that it does seem abit expensive. It's hard to say how good of a deal it is, a steal though definately not. I'd say that if this guy was trying to sell it on eBay all in one auction he'd be fairly lucky to get $500 after fees. But if he broke it up he could make maybe even up to $600 (just taking a rough guess with out trying to do the math of what the average price is of everything)

I'd say if you really want it and are willing to spend the money try and get him down to $400 or $450 at least if he counter offers. I would honestly think that it would be hard to find someone on CL to take this lot for $500 to keep as it's alot of money for retro games (even as nice as it is). I could see an eBay seller buying it to try and make more money on eBay more so then someone buying to keep for that price.

If you do try to get it don't forget to try out the Turbo Express and try out the speakers on it to make sure they work good.

I'd advise not paying that much unless you're either an extreme collector or think that you can flip it for $50-$100 more. If it's just for your enjoyment, there are better options.

Take a look on Ebay. The turbo booster alone is now rare, and can sell for $75.00 by itself.

If you look around there, you'll see that you might get what you want or more. You have a good collection, and have all the boxes, I'd say it's worth trying.

Also go to www.estarland.com and see what they will give you to trade in all that stuff, if nothing else, you'll have a nice credit on their account to buy a newer system. Search for your hardware/software, and when it comes up, click on the "Trade In" button and see what it can get you. They give more for original boxes, manuals, etc.

bread's done
Back