Turbo Tax Amazon Gift Card Bonus

cubeenigma

CAGiversary!
Feedback
199 (100%)
Just a heads up for those people that work, but apparently with Turbo Tax, if you choose to get your refund as an Amazon gift card, they'll give you a 10% on top of it. Not sure where I should have posted this but just for those that decide to use their tax return for amazon stuff. And you can get it partially as Amazon credit and not all of it .

http://imgur.com/jABFne2
Sorry of you don't think this is a deal but if it needs to be moved, feel free!

There has to be a catch to this, or a limit... I could simply overpay on my taxes before the end of the year, meaning I'd get a huge refund when I actually go to file.

Hmmm. I wonder if this applies to anyone who uses it. Usually just pay the $12 to TaxAct but this might tips the scales towards TT.

I intentionally underpay throughout the year and write a check when I file. Much rather control it that way then give the government an interest free loan throughout the year. IRS.gov has a withholding calculator that lets you know where you stand throughout the year.

Much rather control it that way then give the government an interest free loan throughout the year.
That's not how it works, we aren't giving a tax free loan to the govt, we are paying to support federal infrastructure. Also, underpaying your federal income tax is against tax law, after a few years, doing that will become an audit risk; and if audited you may receive a fine, especially since you are doing so willfully.

Just stop overpaying your taxes. It is possible and recommended to pay your taxes so that you have a zero sum balance at the end of the year. I did it for many years, it gets hard to calculate the more complex your tax situation is, but it is possible.

bread's done
Back