Turkmen President Bans Lip Synching

crickett003

CAGiversary!
Turkmen President Bans Lip Synching

ASHGABAT, Turkmenistan - He has outlawed opera and ballet and railed against long hair and gold teeth, but now Turkmen President Saparmurat Niyazov is determined to wipe out another perceived scourge: lip synching.

Niyazov has ordered a ban on lip synching performances across the tightly controlled Central Asian nation, citing "a negative effect on the development of singing and musical art," the president's office said Tuesday.

"Unfortunately, one can see on television old voiceless singers lip-synching their old songs," Niyazov told a Cabinet meeting in comments broadcast on state TV on Tuesday. "Don't kill talents by using lip synching... Create our new culture."

Under Niyazov's order, lip synching is now prohibited at all cultural events, concerts, on television — and at private celebrations such as weddings.

Niyazov has led the former Soviet republic for 20 years, creating a vast personality cult around himself and issuing decrees regulating behavior in all walks of life.

In 2001, Niyazov banned opera and ballet as not corresponding with the national mentality. Last year, he called for young people not to get gold tooth caps and urged authorities to crack down on young men wearing beards or long hair.

Wow, I hope Ashlee Simpson does a big concert there VERY soon! "Give her the chair!!" ;) :lol:

I am glad he has outlawed two of societies most depraved "arts" opera and ballet. The problem with kids these days is that they act out what they watch in operas and ballets, and they no longer have the ability to tell the difference between the real world and the world of operas and ballets.

[quote name='Tromack']I am glad he has outlawed two of societies most depraved "arts" opera and ballet. The problem with kids these days is that they act out what they watch in operas and ballets, and they no longer have the ability to tell the difference between the real world and the world of operas and ballets.[/QUOTE]
:applause: :lol:

This may drift into the "vs. mode" area, but anyway I have to say this is lame... lip synching isn't cool, but other things like no long hair or beards, wtf? Perhaps they want to be like Singapore or mid-1900s Germany.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']This may drift into the "vs. mode" area, but anyway I have to say this is lame... lip synching isn't cool, but other things like no long hair or beards, wtf? Perhaps they want to be like Singapore or mid-1900s Germany.[/QUOTE]

It's kind of funny that right next door in Afghanistan, isn't a beard a "must-have" if you are an adult male? I believe it's a muslim custom, but it's interesting.

Ok, so let's narrow it down-
*They don't like long hair & facial hair, so most heavy metal/alternative/emo bands are out.
*They don't like gold caps on teeth, so most rap/r & b is out.
*They don't like lip-synching, so all bubblegum pop/boy bands/girl bands/manufactured "bands/artists" are out.
*They don't like ballet & opera, so all classical symphonic music is out.

That leaves...

John Tesh
JohnTesh.gif

wonderful for them ;)

bread's done
Back