Turning $10 Gamestop CC into PSN card

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So, I have a couple of $10 coupon codes from Gamestop.com that I'm sure most of you know by now don't stack. Figured I'd pick up a couple of $10 Playstation Network cards (which do stack), but turns out, they don't sell PSN cards online, only in-store. Looks like they did sell them at one point online, just not now.

So, just wondering, what's do you guys think the easiest way would be to turn my $10 online Gamestop codes into PSN cards? I'm assuming I can't use the coupon codes in-store, or can I? If I buy something online that's $10 bucks, can I return it to a B&M store, and get credit? As a side note, anyone know why Gamestop doesn't sell the cards online anymore?

Edit: Thought about buying $10 gift cards (to then spend in-store), too, but the coupon codes don't work for those.

Thing is, I think the $10 off codes have to be used on something that's OVER $10, so you'd have to buy something more expensive and then return it in store. Then, there's the issue of shipping costs, since the code SAVER does NOT work unless the purchase is over $25.

So you are looking at spending $25-26 each time in order to convert two $10 codes into credit to use in store.

Moreover, I don't even think you CAN recoup the $10 off codes, since they're one time use and I doubt the $10 they take off would be refunded in store.

You're better off just finding something you want online and ordering it with the code(s) and be done with it.

Like IATCG said, you'd be paying more than the $10 anyway either through the cost of shipping or paying $25 ($15, after coupon) to get free shipping.

I don't see how even buying something from the website and returning it to the store will net you the $10 coupon. There's no way you can gain store credit for something you never spent.

Buy game(s) for $25
Less: $10 coupon
$15 before tax.
So you pay $15+tax for $25 worth of games.

The games come and you return them to the store. The clerk will look at the packing slip and see you paid $15+tax for the games. Nowhere on that slip will it say anything about $25 or a $10 code. You will be refunded the $15+tax that came out of your pocket.

Those $10 codes are only going to be worth using if you want to keep what you order. Returning it to the store will not get you anything. You'll just need to find something offered on the website that's worth using that coupon on.

I got back 60 for a game I payed about 39 for on the website..but that was obviously due to the confused GS employee (pulled out the manual)

bread's done
Back