Turning on 360 turns on Vizio....

jakehoss

CAGiversary!
I run my 360 through my 20" vizio via the 360 VGA cables and on occasion turning on my 360 will make my TV turn on also. This is pretty convenient since all i do is plop down in my chair grab my controller hit the X and both things turn on. But it doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes, actually most times, i turn on my 360 and the tv stays off. Anyone know why this could be happening? if possible id like to make it so it always happened but couldn't find anything about it in the menu system. Thanks for any help. Sorry for the similarity in topic title to the thread about the laptop.

I had the same thing happen with my mom's HDTV over the holidays. I imagine there's some setting in the HDTV that turns it on when it detects input.

~HotShotX

at least for my TV its the VGA cables when ever my TV is ste for VGA and it doiesnt detect a video source it shuts off but as soon as the video source is back on it turns the TV back on. My tv is a Vizio also

[quote name='Dragon_Master']at least for my TV its the VGA cables when ever my TV is ste for VGA and it doiesnt detect a video source it shuts off but as soon as the video source is back on it turns the TV back on. My tv is a Vizio also[/QUOTE]
same with my vizio. i've never had it not turn on when my xbox turns on though.

my 1080 47" vizio used to act a little weird in terms of being on the correct input when i first started using HDmi with my 360. Not sure if might be related to your problem..

since then ive gotten the logitech universal remote, which turns everything on with the touch of a button :). no problems since

[quote name='bigdsinferno']same with my vizio. i've never had it not turn on when my xbox turns on though.[/quote]

when i turn on my 360 it turns on my TV but only if my TV is set to VGA if I set it to component or composite or any oter settings the TV doesnt turn on when I turn on the 360

there's another post that talks about this somewhere, don't remember where though, it has something to do with the HDMI output on your peripherals, a lot of HDTVs with this input have a feature like this, it should also power your tv off, or system when the tv shuts off, etc. do a search and you should find the thread in here somewhere...found it.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165564

bread's done
Back