Turning Point: Fall of Liberty (360, PS3, PC) $16.99 at Buy.com

Don't want to rain on your parade Op but this game has been $9.99 (for the 360 anyway) a couple of times on other sites.

Also having played it, $10 is really all it's worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, I played the demo, but can't remember it one way or the other. I sort of think it was okay?

Is there activation on the PC one?

[quote name='Wolfpup']Dang, I played the demo, but can't remember it one way or the other. I sort of think it was okay?

Is there activation on the PC one?[/quote]

Every review I read destroyed it. Wait for it to hit $5.

It's an alright game. There are some technical hiccups but it can be fun if you just go in an play the game. If they had given the game 6 more months, this game could have been a real gem. I got the CE (Steelbook), but i paid $30 i think so I'd definitely wait for $5-10 shipped.

[quote name='benjamouth']Don't want to rain on your parade Op but this game has been $9.99 (for the 360 anyway) a couple of times on other sites.

Also having played it, $10 is really all it's worth.[/quote]

I don't even think its worth $10......$4 most!! LOL :lol::lol::lol:

Yikes...really that bad? I was going to pick it up if it didn't have activation, but oh well :whistle2:/

[quote name='linkmon']I don't even think its worth $10......$4 most!! LOL :lol::lol::lol:[/quote]

Yeah it's all relative I guess, I'm an achievement whore with a bit of spare cash, so I'd buy pretty much any 360 game for $10 if I thought I could squeeze a few cheesemints out of it. :)

I think the general message here is if you're gonna buy it, buy it really cheap. It's a shame cos I like the idea behind the game.

If I'm remembering right, didn't it start out really ambitious, and then at some point it got cut down to just a normal FPS (not that there's anything wrong with that)-but then apparently not even a particularly good one?

Although I don't always trust things like that because I don't think the Call of Duty series is very good at all, while I thought Haze and Perfect Dark Zero are pretty fun.

Just because a game has been a certain price at other times doesn't mean someone shouldn't post a deal. I'm sure not every person who wanted this (hopefully not many) got it at $10 or whatever.

Anyway, this game is awful. Real awful.

Picked up at Micro Center for $5on the 360. The game is a turd. I played it for an hour and gave up. WAY too generic.

You know, I *DO* kind of remember the demo now, vaguely. You were on a sky scrapper fighting your way down I think. If I'm remembering right, it seemed okay to me. Obviously didn't leave much of an impression though since I evidently played it less than a year ago and am struggling just to remember it.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yikes...really that bad? I was going to pick it up if it didn't have activation, but oh well :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

Yeah - its pretty bad. TP:FOL has a very interesting story, which is what initially drew me to the game, but everything in the game seems very unpolished - I have no problem with unpolished games, hell, I enjoyed Legendary (PC version), but this game is just blah. I have nothing good to say about it and so do most reviewers. I installed it, played about an hour (yes... an hour...) and uninstalled. -100 Internets!!!

I was just thinking this sort of reminded me of how Legendary got treated. Glad to hear it's better, 'cause I'd still like to play it if it comes down in price.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I was just thinking this sort of reminded me of how Legendary got treated. Glad to hear it's better, 'cause I'd still like to play it if it comes down in price.[/QUOTE]

I picked mine up brand new on eBay for $10 shipped, PC version. The game has its flaws, but is enjoyable; I wouldn't spend more than $10 on it though.

I've said it in a ton of threads, and I'll say it again: Spark Unlimited should be disbanded for completely ruining two great ideas for different kinds of first person shooters. The one kind of good thing about Turning Point is the environmental kills. They are pretty entertaining. That's about it.

Whoa....they did Turning Point AND Legendary?!? I had no idea :D

Hmm, well I'm still buying Legendary if it gets cheap enough.

I am still surprised that this game gets such bad reviews. I mean yes it is an average shooter, but it was still fairly entertaining. Not a great game but certainly not as bad as its made out to be. It has a good concept, but it could have benefited from a little more development time. I found it entertaining, although Legendary is leaps and bounds better. Hour of Victory is still the absolute worst FPS to grace a console this generation to me.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Whoa....they did Turning Point AND Legendary?!? I had no idea :D

Hmm, well I'm still buying Legendary if it gets cheap enough.[/quote]

Yep, did 'em both and completely screwed up both. I was looking forward to Turning Point for a long time. I remember when the first piece of concept art was shown in like '06, with Nazis marching in front of the White House. I was like, "Finally!" Yeah, just another World War 2 shooter, but still, it sounded like there was enough potential there to make a special game. And they shit all over it.

bread's done
Back