Turok at Wal-mart now! YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

strikeratt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
For all of you who are looking for Turok and haven't done any pre-ordering here's your chance. It seems that some Wal-marts may have broken the street date and has Turok on the shelves and ready to buy.

Granted it's only 3 days early, 2 days now, it's still a couple more days before hand :D As always with Wal-mart YMMV. I saw this at the Lisbon and Putnam Wal-mart's in Connecticut.

Enjoy.

I saw this game at Block Buster for Rent today as well. I didn't know it wasn't out yet. YMMV.

Turok's available at the GR/BB in La Habra (on Beach). Not exactly a game that people would go nuts over just because the street date was broken.

[quote name='opportunity777']IGN reviews for those who care:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/848/848783p1.html

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/848/848863p1.html

PS3: 7.0

360: 7.3

Apparently, the PS3 version suffers from more graphical glitches and framerate problems than the 360 version.

I'll wait for this to show up in the bargain bin before I think about trying it out.[/quote]

Beat me to it haha ... thanks :D

Aye deff. not a game I'd go out and buy ... but there are those rich achievement whores out there ;)

The game has been out since Thursday. The ship date was pushed up to 1/30 a couple weeks ago (the game was never street dated) so it should be out everywhere.

[quote name='skullivan']The game has been out since Thursday. The ship date was pushed up to 1/30 a couple weeks ago (the game was never street dated) so it should be out everywhere.[/quote]

Their own comercials (which I saw about an hour ago) still say 2/5. Though I don't disagree or agree if the comment is valid because I have no clue ... just saying that they're still advertising it for the 5th.

[quote name='strikeratt']Beat me to it haha ... thanks :D

Aye deff. not a game I'd go out and buy ... but there are those rich achievement whores out there ;)[/QUOTE]
man, gotta love the posting of the review scores. nothing but numbers. it's a shame that's what people base there decisions to purchase a game on. what ever happened to the days when, "i want that game because it interests me and it looks cool". dont say, "well that's before games were $60" big deal 10 dollars more is not that big of a difference. i refuse to base my opinion of a game on one individual reviewers opionion. it's just one person who may not even like the subject matter or worse, genre, at all. that's why if you want an accurate review, through out scores all together and read the write up in play magazine who has interested people do their reviews. just my two cents.

Yes, the release date for Turok was pushed up.

Additionally, your local Wal*Mart should have a free system skin with the purchase of the 360 version. I'd never use it, but the artwork is actually pretty decent. While supplies last, of course.

Anywhoo... yeah, there is quite a push behind this game. Which is a shame, considering how bad it's going to suck. ;)

[quote name='ganonslayer']man, gotta love the posting of the review scores. nothing but numbers. it's a shame that's what people base there decisions to purchase a game on. what ever happened to the days when, "i want that game because it interests me and it looks cool". dont say, "well that's before games were $60" big deal 10 dollars more is not that big of a difference. i refuse to base my opinion of a game on one individual reviewers opionion. it's just one person who may not even like the subject matter or worse, genre, at all. that's why if you want an accurate review, through out scores all together and read the write up in play magazine who has interested people do their reviews. just my two cents.[/QUOTE]

I used to buy games that way until I bought more than a few $50-$60 turds. That's why sites like www.metacritic.com/games as well as places like CAG are your friend when it comes to finding games worth your money. If you got the money to drop on games you hope to be worth the money, go for it. I don't have that kind of money to waste.

Ahh ok didn't realize the date had been pushed because it is still advertised everywhere (even it's own site) that it's the 5th :D

Lock thread then mods :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back