Turok:Evolution GC- 4.99 Kmart

I always thought it was "whatever floats your boat" not "in" your boat. But maybe there are different variations.

Anyway nice price but probably not even worth it is it?

Oh SHIT!!!!

Turok Evolution is finally in my price range..., almost!

Knock off about $5 dollars off the price, and pay me another $50 for actually playing it..., then it will "almost" be within my price range.

[quote name='Braden']Oh SHIT!!!!

Knock off about $5 dollars off the price, and pay me another $50 for actually playing it..., then it will "almost" be within my price range.[/quote]

Isn't Turok bashing a little played out? We all get it. It's a bad franchise. It's like making fun of Tomb Raider. It's too cliche. Although, it didn't used to be that way. Turok 2 was pretty sweet back in the day, in my opinion.

[quote name='Tromack'][quote name='Braden']Oh SHIT!!!!

Knock off about $5 dollars off the price, and pay me another $50 for actually playing it..., then it will "almost" be within my price range.[/quote]

Isn't Turok bashing a little played out? We all get it. It's a bad franchise. It's like making fun of Tomb Raider. It's too cliche. Although, it didn't used to be that way. Turok 2 was pretty sweet back in the day, in my opinion.[/quote]

You really can't get enough bashing in on a BAD game!

Not really. Turok is still a good series. Most here will agree that Turok WAS a good series until this craptacular polished turd came out.

Yeah, Acclaim had some really weird promotions. Like the Turok one you mentioned and the Shadowman one where they offered people money to put Shadowman advertisements on family gravestones or the Burnout 2 promotion where they offered to pay speeding tickets for people in the UK for one day.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Yeah, Acclaim had some really weird promotions. Like the Turok one you mentioned and the Shadowman one where they offered people money to put Shadowman advertisements on family gravestones or the Burnout 2 promotion where they offered to pay speeding tickets for people in the UK for one day.[/quote]

Advertisements on graves? :roll:

That is disgraceful. Pitiful.

I've heard somewhere the Gamecube version was slightly better than the others. But I just checked Game Rankings, and it looks like the Xbox version is the better of the three, with a rating of 70.5%.

GC - 68.5%
PS2 - 65.5%

Still, I'd pass this up myself - if I got any of the Turok games, I'd probably get the first one on the N64 before any of others.

btw, nice avatar Nephets.

They need to pay me for playing this game.............untill that time come noway i will buy this POS. I stil felt stupid to rent this game :twisted:

The game has its moments (as do almost all games), some scenarios manage good explosive sci-fi FPS action. But overall, it was very weak and even amateurish in design. The scenario, main enemy, and cutscenes are also stupendously infantile in concept and execution.

Those who say Turok as a series WAS good are right, and that indeed includes the underrated Shadow of Oblivion. I was a fan of all 3 main Turok games on N64. But Evo deserves any continued bashing it gets not only as a bad overall FPS but as an infamous franchise killer.

It is perhaps worth it at $5, no more, as an alternative to a Blockbuster rental for the curious. But then again almost anything is...

I actually just stumbled into it for $2.98 new Xbox version at TrU.

At that price, I'm just going to use the level-open cheat to go directly to the few good parts (like the part where you are cornered by a T-Rex) and blow stuff up.

YMMV on that price.

[quote name='YoshiFan1'] or the Burnout 2 promotion where they offered to pay speeding tickets for people in the UK for one day.[/quote]
Whoa if they actually paid a ticket for you then thats the best promotion "EVER" :lol:

bread's done
Back