Turok (Xbox) 4.99 At CC B&M *ONLINE LINK ADDED FOR PS2**

[quote name='SteveMcQ']They stole your money.[/quote]

yeah i know most people dont like the game, but i figured theres prob a few (like me) who do, i know its hard to explain, but ive always liked the Turok series.. i played it on n64 and have played some of it on xbox, i figure for 5 bucks, if i get a days entertainment (or even frustration for that matter) ive done better than getting a rental..

I will pay someone $4.99 to take my copy (gcn), although you do need to pay for shipping...

[quote name='DMFunk']I will pay someone $4.99 to take my copy (gcn), although you do need to pay for shipping...[/quote]

Deal. I'll PM you.

[quote name='TJordan522'][quote name='DMFunk']I will pay someone $4.99 to take my copy (gcn), although you do need to pay for shipping...[/quote]

Deal. I'll PM you.[/quote]

sounds like a good deal, but be careful, he may try to gouge you on the shipping :lol:

[quote name='deathcabforcutie'][quote name='TJordan522'][quote name='DMFunk']I will pay someone $4.99 to take my copy (gcn), although you do need to pay for shipping...[/quote]

Deal. I'll PM you.[/quote]

sounds like a good deal, but be careful, he may try to gouge you on the shipping :lol:[/quote]

Lol we'll see...

I'd take it for free, slip out the ugly cover, disc and manual, and then keep the shiney green Xbox case. :D

i think its alright.. i mean, nothing great.. and alota ppl will tell you it sucks, but i like it more for the series than anything... like i explained above, i just like the whole turok concept.. how many other games can you hunt and kill dinosaurs in?

[quote name='deathcabforcutie']i think its alright.. i mean, nothing great.. and alota ppl will tell you it sucks, but i like it more for the series than anything... like i explained above, i just like the whole turok concept.. how many other games can you hunt and kill dinosaurs in?[/quote]

So that's good for you that you got one of the worst games ever made to complete a series. For anyone else, they'd be dumb to spend $5 on it.

[quote name='deathcabforcutie']i think its alright.. i mean, nothing great.. and alota ppl will tell you it sucks, but i like it more for the series than anything... like i explained above, i just like the whole turok concept.. how many other games can you hunt and kill dinosaurs in?[/quote]

Dinosaur Hunting for Xbox.

My local CC doesn't even have it in stock and that sucks 'cuz I actually want it. I was a big fan of the n64 Turok games and bought Evolution after the price drop.

It was ok and I only traded it cuz I was able to sneak it in during one of EB's trade in offers.

I have to say, the game's not great, but it doesn't deserve to be lumped in with the likes of Drake...

The flying stages, yes, they suck. The FPS part of the game actually gets better the further you play. The early stages are quite bland and boring, but some of the latter stages are actually kind of interesting.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']My local CC doesn't even have it in stock and that sucks 'cuz I actually want it. I was a big fan of the n64 Turok games and bought Evolution after the price drop.

It was ok and I only traded it cuz I was able to sneak it in during one of EB's trade in offers.[/quote]

wahooo! someone else likes it! haha id hook you up at cost but i got the last copy at my CC, if you are interested though, PM Ugamer_X though, he said his CC still has plenty..

I must say, this game is not by any means one of the worst games out for xbox. Sure, it is a disappointment given the older turok games, but multiplayer can be somewhat fun with 4 players, and the actual fps levels are ok.

I only went through the single player and didn't have a chance to check multi, so that may be a saving grace.

Is there still a monkey mode? That'd rock.

Well I think I have enough money to honker down for this game. I had seen it for 9.99 but after renting it, I had thought it wasn't worth that but for $5 it's definetly worth it. I wouldn't say that it's decent but it's not all that bad at all.

I'm not particularly defending this game, but I have been coming to the conclusion that review sites do not always play a game all the way thru and hence base their review on incomplete information.

It is easier to pick up on this misinformation after playing thru a game and reading incorrect statements in the review.

^ I have to agree there. The only thing worse than a game that is bad at first but progressively becomes better is a game that starts off well and becomes worse and worse.

I picked up Turok Evolution for PS2 for $5 at CC in July. I like it. I don't play many FPS games, so I can't compare it to Doom 3 or anything (I assume that's why people think it sucks?), but for $5 I think it's a fun game.

The worst part is trying to switch out your weapons. If you could select a weapon Ratchet and Clank style, the game would be much better.

bread's done
Back