Turtle Beach CoD Headsets $39.99-$99.99 @ tech.woot

Was looking at these, but then I saw they don't work easily between PC and PS3.
Works like a charm with PS3. Not sure about PC

This is a STEAL. The Tangos are on par with the $300 XP510s. At this price anyone looking for a headset would be crazy to pass this up. Blows the Sony Elites out of the water in every way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Works like a charm with PS3. Not sure about PC

This is a STEAL. The Tangos are on par with the $300 XP510s. At this price anyone looking for a headset would be crazy to pass this up. Blows the Sony Elites out of the water in every way.
The problem for me isn't on the PS3 side. It's on the PC side. The only way I read to get these to work with PC is if your sound card has a digital output, which mine doesn't. I'm trying to find a set of headphones I can switch between systems relatively easily to avoid having to buy two.

The problem for me isn't on the PS3 side. It's on the PC side. The only way I read to get these to work with PC is if your sound card has a digital output, which mine doesn't. I'm trying to find a set of headphones I can switch between systems relatively easily to avoid having to buy two.
I have 3 sets of Turtle Beaches and all of them have analog in (red&white RCA jacks). I don't know about these specifically, but the Tango transmitter looks exactly like the 3 I have, so I would assume it has them too.

Also, FYI, this thread is a repost: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/326257-turtle-beach-cod-gaming-headsets-refurb-3999-9999-at-wootcom/

I'm the same as you. Trying to find a mythical wireless headset thats works on PC/PS3 (wireless) and I can use on my Vita (3.5mm) though the tango has bluetooth apparently...that could do I suppose.

I'm the same as you. Trying to find a mythical wireless headset thats works on PC/PS3 (wireless) and I can use on my Vita (3.5mm) though the tango has bluetooth apparently...that could do I suppose.
I don't think Bluetooth works with the Vita (not sure if you are referring to your PC or the Vita for Bluetooth).

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 3 sets of Turtle Beaches and all of them have analog in (red&white RCA jacks). I don't know about these specifically, but the Tango transmitter looks exactly like the 3 I have, so I would assume it has them too.

Also, FYI, this thread is a repost: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/326257-turtle-beach-cod-gaming-headsets-refurb-3999-9999-at-wootcom/
The Tangos are rebadged xp510's and yes they do have red/white inputs. It should also work with the Ps4 with a chat cable.

The Tangos are rebadged xp510's and yes they do have red/white inputs. It should also work with the Ps4 with a chat cable.
I can confirm they do.

I recently returned mine for a pair of Astro A40s, and I sort of regret it. Wireless is fantastic, sound is great, long battery life, and plenty of features. Excellent set of headphones.

Turtle Beach claims the tango have half the battery life.
Since they won't throw in the free Xbox One adapter like they do for the 510, I'll pass.

Turtle Beach claims the tango have half the battery life.
Since they won't throw in the free Xbox One adapter like they do for the 510, I'll pass.
Is that adapter even available yet? Also, it seems silly to use the lack of a free adapter as a deciding factor and comparison since the only way to get it free would be to purchase a new pair of 510's that will cost almost 3 times as much.

Is that adapter even available yet? Also, it seems silly to use the lack of a free adapter as a deciding factor and comparison since the only way to get it free would be to purchase a new pair of 510's that will cost almost 3 times as much.
No, it isn't. Should be coming next month or so. I believe the official statement was first quarter 2014.

There is a $10 Xbox One cable available? I'd love to see it if you know where to find one.
My mistake, for some reason I was thinking PS4 chat cable. No idea about Xbone, but really, how much is a little cable going to set you back?
It's your money.

For everyone else though, this is a steal! I can't say enough good about it, especially for that little money!

Still trying to decide between these and the Astro A38 in the other thread. Need something for Vita and pc, PS3/360/PS4 would be a plus but I dunno. Per a random Amazon review it works with vita but still no idea.

bread's done
Back