Turtle Beach Ear Force DX11 & Ear Force DSS - 7.1 39.99

pedrobeara

CAGiversary!
Turtle Beach Ear Force DX11 & Ear Force DSS - 7.1 Dolby Surround Gaming Headset & Processor for xBox 360 & PC
http://1saleaday.com/

Condition: Factory Refurbished
Packaging: Retail
Warranty: 90 Day
Manufacturer: Turtle Beach
SKU: DX11

does anyone know if i can hook this up to a ps3? I don't care about the mic just wondering if the surround audio will work

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, my order confirmation said 7-10 business days. Hopefully that means I (or we, really) should hear something by the end of the day tomorrow.

Never got a tracking my order still said processing yesterday night.....got home from work and the package was here so be on the lookout for the fed ex truck

Review so far the headphones look new but the dss shows some wear on the shiny part

Mine still says Processing, like the others. What jbg has posted makes me feel better knowing that they might have sent them out already and just lazy on updating the tracking info.

[quote name='bear489']Mine still says Processing, like the others. What jbg has posted makes me feel better knowing that they might have sent them out already and just lazy on updating the tracking info.[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats what Im hoping is the case.

Got mine in the mail today. :Db

Looks good, brand new. Never got a shipping confirmation. Would I buy from 1saleaday.com again? Only for the sickest deal, but I've been wanting a cheap EarForce DSS for a while.

So it's just that whoever was in charge of updating tracking info was on vacation? Well that's a relief, I guess.

But if I don't get it in a day or two, I'll probably still fire off an email just in case.

[quote name='salbah3ng_bata']Mine still says processing as well, I ordered on the 17th[/QUOTE]

Everyone ordered on the 17th... thus the name "1saleaday". I'm guessing if they're not even sending out e-mails, I guess they are just shipping them out without saying a word. Guess that means I can expect it in the mail soon if they are rolling that way.

[quote name='bear489']The ones who have rec, what was the condition of the headset and the package was in?[/QUOTE]

package was perfect, nice good box just as good or even better than amazon box...headset looked new here, dss showed some where on the shiny part but where you plug the cables looked new,

only heard them for a second im still trying to figure out how to hide the cables the best

I got my package in today. Headset looked good as new and worked fine. Haven't tried out the DSS though. If anyone wants to see pics of that package and stuff, I guess I could throw them up.

for those that have gotten their packages, what part of the country are you guys in? anyone on the westcoast?

So I did get mine today. Everything looked pretty much brand new. the 14,000 wires aside, these things are aaaaawwweeeesoooooomeeeee! thanks again to the OP

Got my today, glad to see this thread have a happy ending. Can't wait to try them out later. =)

EDIT: Checked my order for the heck of it, and it still says: "Processing". Go figure, lol.

Got mine today, Im having trouble with the DSS. They work fine with the audio coming straight from the red and white cables, but trying to put optical or trying to redirect the RW audio cables gives me silence. No lights come on on the DSS either.

[quote name='Manatee']Got mine today, Im having trouble with the DSS. They work fine with the audio coming straight from the red and white cables, but trying to put optical or trying to redirect the RW audio cables gives me silence. No lights come on on the DSS either.[/QUOTE]

your post doesn't give much information as to how or to what you have it connected to. anyway, make sure the the usb power cable is in good condition and that it is connected to a good power source. Is it connected to a 360 or PS3 or something else? Check your digital audio output settings on the source device. Even when not connected to any audio source the DSS is supposed to light up as long as the USB cable is plugged in to an active power source.

The light doesn't come on at all, I've tried two different USB cables on two different xbox ports. I have used optical from the 360, optical from the tv, and optical from the TV with the setting on Dolby digital.

Besides that, the TV's have been set to redirect the audio signal from optical. When I tried red and white connected to the analog port on the DSS, It was from the xbox AV cable with Digital Stereo enabled. I connected the RW to my headset, confirmed that they worked, then put the sound through the DSS to the headset and I got nothing.

tl;dr I contacted them to see if I can get a new DSS.

Got mine today. The box is in perfect condition, but I've yet to open it so I can't give a report on the details/functionality of the headset. I'll give it a whirl later tonight.

Haven't received my package yet, to those that got it, did they use fedex or ups? Also, was there an option for expedited shipping? I don't remember

Mine showed up today. Everything looks brand new and, as far as i can tell, is working properly.

The package was shipped via fedex. I dont recall having the option for expedited shipping, although i could just not remember if i had.

[quote name='Manatee']The light doesn't come on at all, I've tried two different USB cables on two different xbox ports. I have used optical from the 360, optical from the tv, and optical from the TV with the setting on Dolby digital.

Besides that, the TV's have been set to redirect the audio signal from optical. When I tried red and white connected to the analog port on the DSS, It was from the xbox AV cable with Digital Stereo enabled. I connected the RW to my headset, confirmed that they worked, then put the sound through the DSS to the headset and I got nothing.

tl;dr I contacted them to see if I can get a new DSS.[/QUOTE]

Turns out there is a cleverly hidden on/off switch on the DSS. Whoops

[quote name='lousysmarch']Yep mine came today too, happy with the purchase as I almost bought the dss alone for 50$.[/QUOTE]

Honestly only reason I bought this. Been looking for DSS and I heard the first one is better than the second one. Already have a px21 so I might just sell the headset lol

I just noticed my older 360 needed some adapter so that I can use this. Guess it will be PC only for now, wish I researched for that earlier, but oh well. Apparently, the first party version of the adapter is discontinued but cheap third party alternatives exist that get the job done as well. This is the one I got: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042UQLM0/

EDIT: Just read these make the 360 reboot if you switch inputs or whatever, but I highly doubt I would do that anyway. A monoprice alternative exists that supposedly doesn't have this problem.

Everything in the box was in pristine condition and works flawlessly. The quality of sound itself is so amazing that it makes me realize just how much my actual 5.1 speaker setup pails in comparison.

So aside from the questionable tracking fluke, I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Got mine this morning but thxs to the storm had no power to test them. Got them hooked up and sound just as good as my other ones once the power came back on. I'm going to flip this since don't need two.

[quote name='TheWatchersRebellion']For the people who received one already...how were they shipped? Did they come USPS, UPS, FedEx?[/QUOTE]

Still haven't received my order, anyone else having the same problem? And to answer your question based on what people said earlier, it was fedex. I'm kind of bummed I still don't have it

[quote name='salbah3ng_bata']Still haven't received my order, anyone else having the same problem? And to answer your question based on what people said earlier, it was fedex. I'm kind of bummed I still don't have it[/QUOTE]

I havent gotten mine yet either. Really eager to get it too.

Got mine today actually, headset looks new but that static hiss while is supposed to be normal seems to be louder than I'm used to as I have the px21. For the most part it's negligible when you're playing a game but it's pretty freaking loud when it's quiet. Anyone having this issue as well? The headset looks new, the DSS had some normal wear and tear it seems but looks rather new. DSS does make a difference for sure though, better sound compared to when I just had the px21 hooked up to AVR and being fed 2.0 signal

Yeah, my are fine for the most part. I just have no idea when DSS is or if it's "in" or even working. Regardless on if it is or not, they sound great. I got the "hiss" before both my PCs in the past when the volume was up too loud. If you have it at a normal volume level, you'll usually hear nothing. But yeah, you're supposed to be listening to something, not just cold dead silence. ;)

bread's done
Back