Turtle Beach Ear Force X11 Stereo Headset with Chat $41 @ Target YMMV

H3YN0W

CAGiversary!
I haven't checked other posts (mainly because this site's format is a hot black mess) so this could be a repost...but FYI just in case:

Target near me (GA) has Turtle Beach X11's for around $40 (30% off). Looks like they're blowing out the X11's to make room for the X12's. This deal is on par with the recent Amazon one when they had it for $43. But if you time it right you could score a new pair of X11's for around $15-30.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw these as well at my Target last night. They had 5 on the electronics clearance endcap for $41. 1st one even had a sticky note on it written "5 deep". Guess they're not selling too quickly.

I'll definitely be keeping my eye on them and grab one the day it goes under $20.

Yes I use them as my everyday headset when I got them for 60 and there pretty decent. Ive thrown them many times and they still work.

Maybe I'm picky. But I like my accessories to match. I have the xbox slim so I'll wait for the X12's to drop. White headsets always looked dumb IMO.

[quote name='yesokyesok']Maybe I'm picky. But I like my accessories to match. I have the xbox slim so I'll wait for the X12's to drop. White headsets always looked dumb IMO.[/QUOTE]
Heh, I know exactly what you mean. I can't stand white cars, white pants, white fridges; it just looks cheap at first and dirty later.

And in fact, I was just thinking last night (!) why all outer-ear headphones aren't black. They should all just be black! Why take the risk of making them white or two-tone or whatever?

But I do own the X11s, and have had them and used them for a little over a year, and they look fine, in my opinion. They're not that tacky all-white, y'know? Trying to be cool by being white or whatever. It's quite a modest white plate on the cups and small pieces at the bases of the band, and the rest is all black. And you can't see them when you wear them, anyway.

I've found them very useful for 360 and PC, although obviously you can get better headphones if you pay two or three times as much. ;) I was lucky enough to pick up the 7.1 DSS module for $35 recently, too; just waiting for it to arrive. ^^

[quote name='Raven19x']Are they good quality?[/QUOTE]

I picked up a pair of these from Best Buy a couple of months ago and I've been pretty happy with my purchase. Granted they are only stereo and not simulated surround sound, but I don't mind. They are great for gaming and not disturbing the rest of my family.

[quote name='MrGranger']I'd love to find some at $29. What state was that in?[/QUOTE]

I have not seen the X11s @$29 but the Triton X180s (?) are currently $29 at stores on clearance but reviews of them (the Tritons) are spotty at best with several complaints about a buzzing noise with them.

Of course with Target, YMMV so maybe there are some @ $29 but no mention of this price level on the main Target clearance thread.

wired headsets generally will have buzzing noise due to the ground loop or whatever the term is called. the thing I didn't like about the Tritons was the connection between the earphone and the headset that connects it looks somewhat flimsy. Most reviews arent about sound quality but durability.

[quote name='yesokyesok']maybe i'm picky. But i like my accessories to match. I have the xbox slim so i'll wait for the x12's to drop. White headsets always looked dumb imo.[/quote]

lmaooo

[quote name='MrGranger']I'd love to find some at $29. What state was that in?[/QUOTE]

Read the post.

I debated over these but I picked up the X12 instead 50mm as opposed to 40mm, besides I had a $20 gift card to Best Buy, making them the same price as here.

I have seen some in Chicago, IL

I picked up the X11's from Target when they were on sale a couple weeks ago for $39.99. I love the headset. It's got a really long cord, easy to set up, and it sounds great! Definitely worth the price.

I got the X12s recently and I like them. They don't sound *that* great, but they certainly sound a lot better then my TV speakers and the chat works well. They let me play games at night when the kids are in bed without disturbing them, and that's a win for sure. Myself, I'd rather play without headphones as I don't really like being blocked out of outside noise, but these serve a purpose and do it well. FYI, you don't need one of those audio adapters for your xbox if your TV has either red/white audio out or a headphone jack. You can plug into either of those for the TV sound. Well, at least that's true of the X12s. I'd be surprised if it wasn't also true of the X11s, but don't quote me on it.

[quote name='crunchewy']I got the X12s recently and I like them. They don't sound *that* great, but they certainly sound a lot better then my TV speakers and the chat works well. They let me play games at night when the kids are in bed without disturbing them, and that's a win for sure. Myself, I'd rather play without headphones as I don't really like being blocked out of outside noise, but these serve a purpose and do it well. FYI, you don't need one of those audio adapters for your xbox if your TV has either red/white audio out or a headphone jack. You can plug into either of those for the TV sound. Well, at least that's true of the X12s. I'd be surprised if it wasn't also true of the X11s, but don't quote me on it.[/QUOTE]

It is the same. I plug my X11's into the headphone jack of my TV, and into the USB jack of my TV, and it works great. I thought I would need one of those extra adapters, but was happy to see I didn't. But for those that do need it, I found them for like $3.xx shipped on Amazon.

I got the DX11s for $60 from BBY sale a few months ago. These are just the x11s with a 7.1 decoder added. The headphones are pretty good, not great. But can't expect great headphones for $30-$40.

They are much better than tv speakers. Also I tried with and without the adapter. The 7.1 dss decoder makes a large difference. It clears up some of the smaller background noise. The main thing it does, obviously, is add in the 7.1 sound. This makes gaming much easier as sounds can now pinpoint that person sneaking up behind you as back and to the right versus just spinning around blindly.

I know most looking at this thread are looking for cheap headphones, but I will say the dss decoder is a great addition.

207001118 Was on the one I just picked up in Pasadena, California for $29.98. It’s a great deal for that price.

My store had one left today at $29.98. (Last week they had 5 +1 triton)

I felt as if it was waiting for me and wouldn't be there for the next price drop so I picked it up. Now I sort of regret not getting the new X12's when they were on sale for $45 @ Amazon.

bread's done
Back