Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 or P11 $36.xx, lower than BF.

I got this on BF for the same price and have not regretted it. It's a no brainer for anyone needing a headset.

So if I have a HDMI compatible XBOX 360 and use a HDMI cable for sound and video, I need a RCA audio cable adapter in order for the x12's to work?

[quote name='young chi']So if I have a HDMI compatible XBOX 360 and use a HDMI cable for sound and video, I need a RCA audio cable adapter in order for the x12's to work?[/QUOTE]

Correct.

I am need of possible clarification. I have an Xbox 360 with the Hdmi port, however, it does not work. In reference to Young Chi's post "So if I have a HDMI compatible XBOX 360 and use a HDMI cable for sound and video, I need a RCA audio cable adapter in order for the x12's to work?" So, do I need a hdmi port to use the Turtle Beach Force X12.

[quote name='xXI SPECTER IXx']I am need of possible clarification. I have an Xbox 360 with the Hdmi port, however, it does not work. In reference to Young Chi's post "So if I have a HDMI compatible XBOX 360 and use a HDMI cable for sound and video, I need a RCA audio cable adapter in order for the x12's to work?" So, do I need a hdmi port to use the Turtle Beach Force X12.

[/QUOTE]

If you use component/composite cables then you'll have no issues with the X12 as it comes with an in-line RCA splitter cable. If you use HDMI then you will need to purchase an RCA audio adapter.

*edit*

Here's the manual:
http://www.turtlebeach.com/Portals/0/Products/Xbox/X12/Home/X12_User_Guide_WEB.pdf

[quote name='whatup5']Everyone should submit the lower price to Amazon and see if they match it. I would love to get these for $30.[/QUOTE]

Buy them at TRU?

[quote name='soccerboy09']Either hes a troll[/QUOTE]

You called him a troll just b/c TRU beat the Amazon price by a few bucks.?

How bout we ban u instead?

ugh... don't know if i should get the x12. I already have the wireless stereo headsets for the ps3 so i dont need the p11. I also have that toys r us google coupon. I guess I haven't pulled the trigger yet for the x12 is because of the $6 shipping. Anyone think these will also work with the next gen xbox?

I asked in the TRU thread and nobody answered, but maybe somebody has an answer here. I already have a set of x11s. I know of the bass in these things and it is tempting, but is it worth it if I already have another head set?

I ended up buying it at Amazon for $36.

For the TRU deal, it would've cost me $30 + $7 shipping + sales tax.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']ugh... don't know if i should get the x12. I already have the wireless stereo headsets for the ps3 so i dont need the p11. I also have that toys r us google coupon. I guess I haven't pulled the trigger yet for the x12 is because of the $6 shipping. Anyone think these will also work with the next gen xbox?[/QUOTE]

Since I highly doubt that RCA and HDMI will be removed from the next-gen Xbox there should be no reason why the headphones won't work for it. The microphone might be another story though if MS chooses not to keep the 2.5" mic jack.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']ugh... don't know if i should get the x12. I already have the wireless stereo headsets for the ps3 so i dont need the p11. I also have that toys r us google coupon. I guess I haven't pulled the trigger yet for the x12 is because of the $6 shipping. Anyone think these will also work with the next gen xbox?[/QUOTE]

there's nothing about this headset that requires system requirements. the USB is purely for power. it has plugs for any stereo system or TV. it has plugs for PC 1/8" jacks.

I doubt they'll change the controller design on the next Xbox. The only thing I think they could possibly do is make the rechargeable battery nonreplaceable and thus the controller would be dead once the battery loses its ability to recharge. Lots of money to be made in battery replacement or controller replacement. Precedence has been set with Apple products and other devices.

Of course, gamers will probably use cheap Chinese batteries and crack open the controller but we are cheap-ass gamers... :D

Its $30 + $6.43 shipping + TAX on TRU

$36.43 total shipped through Amazon.

Amazon is faster at processing/shipping and with 2 day prime, Amazon is the better deal.

How long is the cable on these things? I sit about 12-15 feet away from my tv, does this reach that far, without adding extension adapters? Thanks!

[quote name='DJP519']How long is the cable on these things? I sit about 12-15 feet away from my tv, does this reach that far, without adding extension adapters? Thanks![/QUOTE]

16'

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/xbox-gaming-headsets/ear-force-x12.aspx

thumb.gif

I bought these about a month ago and can confirm, they are as good as everyone says. I already had a decent pair of headphones before these and they blow them out of the water.

Anyone have any previous experience with purchasing it with in-store pickup and doing a return/rebuy?

I have $15 worth of reward certificates ($5 each). but they only let you use 1 online.

[quote name='H3YN0W']This w/DSS is amazing. Gonna buy from TRU and return the $60 pair I bought from target. Thx OP.[/QUOTE]

I'll second that. I picked up the package from BB with X11's and the DSS when they had a sale and the @Gamer coupon. The sound through the DSS is great. I still go back to the old RCA jacks when I play Rocksmith to avoid the lag, but the DSS works great in MW3 and the like.

Can I just plug these into the headphone jack on my receiver? I use HDMI out for my 360, so I presume I'd need an adapter to use the line out...?

[quote name='JustinSaneV2']If you use component/composite cables then you'll have no issues with the X12 as it comes with an in-line RCA splitter cable. If you use HDMI then you will need to purchase an RCA audio adapter.

*edit*

Here's the manual:
http://www.turtlebeach.com/Portals/0/Products/Xbox/X12/Home/X12_User_Guide_WEB.pdf[/QUOTE]
Or if these are like the x11s you can just connect it to the audio out av connections on the back of the TV. Then they will work for watching TV, movies, games, whatever. Even with my Xbox off I can plug in the usb and it'll provide enough power to use the headphones.

So im guessing half of you are still 5 and dont understand a little bit of sarcasm.
As for the people nailing on the $2 diff after tax and shiping...It comes out almost $5 dollars cheaper if u happen to have a toys R us near by.

[quote name='soccerboy09']So im guessing half of you are still 5 and dont understand a little bit of sarcasm.
As for the people nailing on the $2 diff after tax and shiping...It comes out almost $5 dollars cheaper if u happen to have a toys R us near by.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='soccerboy09']Either hes a troll or making money of his link.

TOYS R US has it for $30.00
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11956105&prodFindSrc=rv#goto-top-of-page[/QUOTE]

Your supposed attempt at humor failed miserably as nothing about your post can be construed as sarcastic nor funny.

Does anyone know how these compare to the MW3 Foxtrot headset? I've been trying to compare them but I don't understand the minor differneces.

[quote name='JustinSaneV2']Your supposed attempt at humor failed miserably as nothing about your post can be construed as sarcastic nor funny.[/QUOTE]

U sir must be 5

Anyone know if you can use the Toys R Us rewards coupons on this headset?

It says that you cannot use them for video game accessories or hardware, but it will let me use one of them online doing in-store pickup. I've got several to use up and it would make the headset free if I could use them all.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Probably a silly question, but will these work on the PS3 at all? even for sound only, don't even need the Mic for that.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Flappycack']They will have sound on ps3 but no mic.[/QUOTE]

So does this also work visa versa (ie: using the p11s on the xbox 360 for sound only?)

I bought the detonator at gamestop for $64, but this headset looks like it'd be just as good for way cheaper. What's gamestops return policy on opened headsets? It's like a week old

[quote name='steelcurtain11']I bought the detonator at gamestop for $64, but this headset looks like it'd be just as good for way cheaper. What's gamestops return policy on opened headsets? It's like a week old[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just bought the detonator's from Amazon last week for the same price. I just ordered a pair of these X12's though. I'm going to return the detonator's and use these instead. Also, the price for the X12's has dropped to $36.43 now.

bread's done
Back