Turtle Beach Ear Force X3 $39.99 (stootsi.com)

Been wanting these for awhile. Never dealt with this site. Is their products reliable? What exactly does open box mean? Can I expect some ear wax with them?

they have a description of what Open Box means on their site. I've bought stuff from Stootsi before and haven't had a problem yet. They also have a warranty on all products which differs depending on the product. They will also pay for your return shipping if it's defective.

If you actually take your time and read through the site, you'd have your questions answered.

anyway, I bit on one, as $45 shipped is over 50% off the retail price.

I've used them about a half dozen times on open boxed & new items. No problem at all. Like the previous poster wrote, check the site for info. They have a good return policy.

I have a pair of these and the IR sender is a pain in the ass. If you get something between you and the sender it cuts out all together. Other then that they sound really good.

[quote name='G-Nitro']If you actually take your time and read through the site, you'd have your questions answered.[/quote]

Well, I actually had looked around a bit. In the description it says "this item is open box, please click here for more details on what that means". But clicking the link, it just takes you back to the main page (stootsi.com).

Turns out the info is in the wall of text in the link after clicking "about stootsi".

Not exactly the most intuitive place for it.

Holy crackers! I've been looking at getting a pair of these for awhile now... definitely going to pick one up. Thanks OP!

I love my X-1 headset, but I've heard about numerous problems with the X-2 and X-3 models. For $40, it might be worth taking the chance.

Someone mentioned earlier that anything blocking the IR signal will cause interference...is this true? If I have a coffee table in between the receiver and the speaker will this cause it not to work?

I have these and they work great if someone does not walk in front of the receiver transmitting to them (However it's small enough that you can move the receiver around to a good place for your setup). I paid full price for them 6 months ago and have no regrets at all. I use them for early morning/late night movie watching and gaming. Hell i would buy the X4's right now if they weren't over $100

[quote name='CaptDS9E']I have these and they work great if someone does not walk in front of the receiver transmitting to them (However it's small enough that you can move the receiver around to a good place for your setup). I paid full price for them 6 months ago and have no regrets at all. I use them for early morning/late night movie watching and gaming. Hell i would buy the X4's right now if they weren't over $100[/quote]

Same for me. I bought a pair from CC a few months ago and love them. I was concerned because I have an older Hitachi plasma - according to their site, plasma screens can cause a problem, but I've had none. That said, you'll definitely want to keep solid objects out of the way. As someone who paid 90, you'd be crazy not to get them for 45.

Dangit! I was just about to order, and now the link isn't loading. I checked it 5 minutes earlier and it loaded just fine. My luck...

Edit: Nvm, it's working now. I just ordered one. Shipping was $6. These should be good for college :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered a pair Monday and received notice today that it has shipped. The UPS track information states delivery is scheduled for today. Not a bad turnaround for the cheapest shipping method of 6 bucks. Thanks Blankman for the find.

This is a great deal! We already got the X1's a couple of months ago and love them. Hubby got an open box set and it is great. Can't beat the price.

How do these work with a receiver? I have surround sound set up and I am not sure as to how one sets these up.

Also, are the compatible with both Ps3 and 360?

How do these work with a receiver? I have surround sound set up and I am not sure as to how one sets these up.

I have to get a headset bc I have a tendency to blast the volume even late at nite when I am doing gaming or movie watching. I am sure my neighbor would be happy if I picked these up.

[quote name='ivanctorres']How do these work with a receiver? I have surround sound set up and I am not sure as to how one sets these up.

I have to get a headset bc I have a tendency to blast the volume even late at nite when I am doing gaming or movie watching. I am sure my neighbor would be happy if I picked these up.[/quote]

yes you can but you need a usb to audio adapter they run for like 10 bucks at monoprice or cables to go.

I ordered them on Friday hopefully they are in good condition.

The email order confirmation with tracking id is confusing. I ordered mine on Monday and it said in the email it was to be delivered on the 6th. When I track using UPS it states that "billing information received". Not sure when it will get to me now.

[quote name='Plutarski']The email order confirmation with tracking id is confusing. I ordered mine on Monday and it said in the email it was to be delivered on the 6th. When I track using UPS it states that "billing information received". Not sure when it will get to me now.[/quote]

I had the same problem, I ordered it a week ago and the UPS page said billing information received. I emailed stootsi and they told me it should ship today, maybe yours will too.

[quote name='giantsfan87']I had the same problem, I ordered it a week ago and the UPS page said billing information received. I emailed stootsi and they told me it should ship today, maybe yours will too.[/quote]
They sent me an email today when i asked them if iam gono get a tracking number that i should get one today. I just have a bad feeling about this site. All i care is that my headset is in good condition and that it works. I read the reseller rating on this site and it is 92.7 percent so i decided to buy from them dont let me down stootsi.

They may take 10-14 days to get your product, but it will come. I've dealt with them on several occassions & they've always come through. Just send them an email inquiry if you're curious about the ETA on the exact delivery.

[quote name='Blankman']They may take 10-14 days to get your product, but it will come. I've dealt with them on several occassions & they've always come through. Just send them an email inquiry if you're curious about the ETA on the exact delivery.[/quote]
That is horrible service. They sent me an email with the tracking number it said scheduled delivery date August 13 but it still keeps saying Status: Billing Information Received. Iam guessing the product isn't even at UPS yet. Newegg is the best if i order from them on a Monday i will get the product on Wednesday.

[quote name='Plutarski']The email order confirmation with tracking id is confusing. I ordered mine on Monday and it said in the email it was to be delivered on the 6th. When I track using UPS it states that "billing information received". Not sure when it will get to me now.[/quote]

This is the same information I get when tracking with ups. A email from Stootsi after i Ordered mine, aug 2nd, said I would receive my item on the 11th. Well its the 12th and the ups tracking info says the same generic thing. So I called ups just now and they said that the item was never given to them to ship. So here its been 11 days and I'm in the same spot. I just now emailed them to ask WTF. Hopefully these will ship or I guess Ill file with paypal for a refund.

[quote name='omegam14']That is horrible service. They sent me an email with the tracking number it said scheduled delivery date August 13 but it still keeps saying Status: Billing Information Received. Iam guessing the product isn't even at UPS yet. Newegg is the best if i order from them on a Monday i will get the product on Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

I agree that the delay in delivery date takes a lot of patience. Newegg has it for $97.99 vs. $39.99 from stootsi.com. For the coin that you save, I can wait for my headset from stootsi just a little longer.

Got a tracking # today. Hopefully there won't be any delays :pray:

Also, shady, IIRC, the only diff is that the X4 are surround sound headphones with optical connections. They also were released about a month ago.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']This is the same information I get when tracking with ups. A email from Stootsi after i Ordered mine, aug 2nd, said I would receive my item on the 11th. Well its the 12th and the ups tracking info says the same generic thing. So I called ups just now and they said that the item was never given to them to ship. So here its been 11 days and I'm in the same spot. I just now emailed them to ask WTF. Hopefully these will ship or I guess Ill file with paypal for a refund.[/quote]
Yeah iam never gono order from this site again. Mine is supposed to be delivered today and it still keeps saying tracking information received stootsi i guess never actually gave the packages to UPS.

[quote name='omegam14']Yeah iam never gono order from this site again. Mine is supposed to be delivered today and it still keeps saying tracking information received stootsi i guess never actually gave the packages to UPS.[/quote]

This place is horrible, I emailed them and they told me it they were going to send the headset out monday, it's wednesday and the UPS page still hasn't changed. I am never going to buy stuff from them again, it's been almost 2 weeks that I have been waiting for them to ship it.

[quote name='giantsfan87']This place is horrible, I emailed them and they told me it they were going to send the headset out monday, it's wednesday and the UPS page still hasn't changed. I am never going to buy stuff from them again, it's been almost 2 weeks that I have been waiting for them to ship it.[/quote]
Wow... I sent them an email saying how disappointed i was and he replied saying your package left yesterday night if they are shipping from PA, me being that i live in MD i should receive it today hopefully i do. But my tracking order status still hasn't changed

I would highly suggest avoiding this company like the plague. I ordered from them twice. Once the item came DOA, and the other time they listed the item as new and it came without a box with the word Refurb scratched into it. It's not worth dealing with them.

[quote name='deathscythehe']I would highly suggest avoiding this company like the plague. I ordered from them twice. Once the item came DOA, and the other time they listed the item as new and it came without a box with the word Refurb scratched into it. It's not worth dealing with them.[/quote]
yeah iam sticking with newegg.com UPS updates their tracking information more then twice a day so i guess they really didnt send it to UPS yesterday

Yeah, i am in the same boat with all of you guys. Originally said i would have it on the 11th. I have sent them several emails all returned with generic replies.... Pretty terrible customer service in my opinion. Why the hell would you send and email saying somthing will be deliverd on the 11th and not even have it sent out yet? I was hesitant when i placed the order and i should have listened to my gut. Terrible first experience and will never order again. At this point i doubt i am even going to get them.

[quote name='ksteele76']Yeah, i am in the same boat with all of you guys. Originally said i would have it on the 11th. I have sent them several emails all returned with generic replies.... Pretty terrible customer service in my opinion. Why the hell would you send and email saying somthing will be deliverd on the 11th and not even have it sent out yet? I was hesitant when i placed the order and i should have listened to my gut. Terrible first experience and will never order again. At this point i doubt i am even going to get them.[/quote]
Iam with you their buddy iam gono ask for a refund if i dont get them by friday.

[quote name='omegam14']yes you can but you need a usb to audio adapter they run for like 10 bucks at monoprice or cables to go.

I ordered them on Friday hopefully they are in good condition.[/QUOTE]

can you explain how to do this a little more..

i bought them for a 100 and i would feel like they were worth it a little more if i could use them on my ps3 too

Good news for me tonight, UPS status says "In Transit". The origin scan was in New Stanton PA, will be delivered to my house a little north of Pittsburgh tomorrow (according to ups tracking).

[quote name='Plutarski']Good news for me tonight, UPS status says "In Transit". The origin scan was in New Stanton PA, will be delivered to my house a little north of Pittsburgh tomorrow (according to ups tracking).[/quote]
Wow dude i live like a state under you (MD) i hope the change my status because iam getting very annoyed. Tell us how the product arrives please

[quote name='ksteele76']Mine departed NY last night....finally an update...supposed to arrive tomorrow...[/quote]
Mine still is at billing info recieved

I sent then an email about them lying that they shipped it they didnt reply yet.
They replied saying that
It left yesterday - the scan should appear shortly.
But they in the email they sent me yesterday they said
Your item left last night and scan will update within one business day.
I dont believe them i believe the UPS site and there saying Billing Information Recieved which means that Stootsi didnt give it to them yet

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='omegam14']I sent then an email about them lying that they shipped it they didnt reply yet.
They replied saying that
It left yesterday - the scan should appear shortly.
But they in the email they sent me yesterday they said
Your item left last night and scan will update within one business day.
I dont believe them i believe the UPS site and there saying Billing Information Recieved which means that Stootsi didnt give it to them yet[/quote]

Anyone get their headset yet?

They said the same thing to me when I emailed them tuesday: "It left our warehouse last night - the scan should appear within 24 hours. Thanks!" Almost 48 hours and still no change on the UPS page.

Got mine today, the headset part looked pretty nice but the cord you connect from the headset to the xbox360 controller looked pretty beat up. I think it is causing me problems when I try to communicate through the mic, in fact I am fairly sure the wire is shot. I am going to go to radio shack and pick up a headset cord and test my theory. I may shoot an email out to stootsi asking for them to send me a new cord to replace the defective one. If I can get this working it will be a great purchase, if I cannot get it working I will be sending them back.

Anyone else get theirs?

Which cables are you talking about can you point if out from this picture
X3_PackageContents.jpg

The one labeled the XBOX live talkback cable. Oh, and it was missing the suctioncup and the velcro but that didn't matter to me.

bread's done
Back