Turtle Beach Ear Force X3 $39.99 (stootsi.com)

Oh crap, I read it wrong. I thought it was AA batteries. Looks like im gonna need to stop by the store and pick up some new rechargeables. Oh yeah, still at B.I.R

Mine should be arriving tomorrow according to my tracking information on UPS.com. Will post my results once i have them.

[quote name='JolietJake']Are these also standard headphones? Don't have a 360, but i like these.[/quote]
yeah they are you can use them on your PS3 or PC

I got my set in today and they work perfectly, with no defects. I love the way they sound too. Stootsi came through again for me. Now I'm just waiting for the Gamer box. Maybe it's just me, but I seem to have been the only who waited patiently for mine to show up and didn't get mad at the slow shipping time.

Mine are on a truck for delivery. I have no problems with slow delivery but don't send me an email telling me to expect delivery on a certain date and then not even have it shipped out until 2 days after that. That is the problem i had with them. Had i not gotten an email saying that, i wouldn't have even thought anything of it. It will only end up being 8 days since i placed my order which is not that bad....but telling me i would receive it on the 11th and not actually receiving it until today is bad customer service. If ya know you can't get it out, then don't scan for UPS or at least don't send an email telling the customer what day they will have it.

I am not really that upset anymore, to be honest, as i think their smorgasboard deals caused most of the issues with shipping and stuff.

[quote name='ksteele76']Mine are on a truck for delivery. I have no problems with slow delivery but don't send me an email telling me to expect delivery on a certain date and then not even have it shipped out until 2 days after that. That is the problem i had with them. Had i not gotten an email saying that, i wouldn't have even thought anything of it. It will only end up being 8 days since i placed my order which is not that bad....but telling me i would receive it on the 11th and not actually receiving it until today is bad customer service. If ya know you can't get it out, then don't scan for UPS or at least don't send an email telling the customer what day they will have it.

I am not really that upset anymore, to be honest, as i think their smorgasboard deals caused most of the issues with shipping and stuff.[/quote]
Iam with you their bro they sent me an email with tracking and everything saying i would get it Wens the 13th, then i emailed them back and i got BS emails saying we shipped it Wensday to UPS and tracking info should change in 1-2 buisness days. Nice to hear that you guys got yours in good condition.

K Steele and G Nitro when exactly did you place your orders and when did they tell you, you would get your package?

[quote name='G-Nitro']I got my set in today and they work perfectly, with no defects. I love the way they sound too. Stootsi came through again for me. Now I'm just waiting for the Gamer box. Maybe it's just me, but I seem to have been the only who waited patiently for mine to show up and didn't get mad at the slow shipping time.[/quote]

I don't care about the shipping time, just that it took them more then a week to even get it out of their warehouse. Anyway my headset is in transit so I should get it soon.

It is disappointing that it is taking so long, seeing as they are a business. If it were a seller on eBay who got bogged down with stuff, I can understand. That, coupled with the fact they shipping notices had incorrect dates, it's just bad practice. I do understand that they are probably hammered with stuff from the "specials," but its something they should have been prepared for. Maybe next time around things will go smoother all around.

I just received mine and everything is included. They look to be in pretty good condition. I can't test them yet as i am at home but the lights come on on the things that are supposed to have light....lol.

Omegam14.....I placed my order on the 7th, they told me i would have it by the 11th...got them today the 15th.

[quote name='ksteele76']I just received mine and everything is included. They look to be in pretty good condition. I can't test them yet as i am at home but the lights come on on the things that are supposed to have light....lol.

Omegam14.....I placed my order on the 7th, they told me i would have it by the 11th...got them today the 15th.[/quote]
I guess i will have to wait till next week then anyways post how it is when you hook it up to your 360. Anyways still at Billing Information Recieved. I feel like driving to PA and picking it up only like 2 hours away:D

[quote name='moojuice']It is disappointing that it is taking so long, seeing as they are a business. If it were a seller on eBay who got bogged down with stuff, I can understand. That, coupled with the fact they shipping notices had incorrect dates, it's just bad practice. I do understand that they are probably hammered with stuff from the "specials," but its something they should have been prepared for. Maybe next time around things will go smoother all around.[/quote]
Yeah iam pretty sure their not as busy as other online sellers ie Newegg or Amazon which ship very quickly.

I have these (X3) and they are great for late night gaming when you don't want to disturb anyone else. Yes, they are IR so anything that gets in the way of the visual line of site of the receiver and the headset will cause intermittent problems (people, cats, furniture [duh!], etc). I have the receiver on top of the TV so when I play late at night, there isn't anyone else getting in the way. However, if you leave the room or out of sight then yes, you will loose signal. Go figure. The only annoying thing I have experienced is that they tend to hiss. They hiss louder as the battery level decreases. When you first turn them on, I have to adjust the volume up, then the sounds kicks in hard, then I have to turn it down to normal. I just don't wear them when I do this so I can keep my hearing. :) The mic is great and works with the Xbox 360 by plugging into the controller. So, not really 100% wireless in that sense when you use the mic.

As for the hiss, if you play loud then you don't hear it anyway but you really shouldn't get that. I actually rebought another pair and returned the original for that reason but the second pair hissed too. It didn't bother me that bad so I kept them. Afterwards, I looked on the 'net and found a lot of people complaining about that same issue. However, at the time, they were the best full-ear wireless headset that was compatible with the 360.

I just thought I'd add my $0.02. Hope it helps.

Well the headset finally came in, took awhile but I couldn't be more satisfied. Pretty much brand new - box was slightly damaged, works great. Slow service, but can't beat the price.

[quote name='giantsfan87']Well the headset finally came in, took awhile but I couldn't be more satisfied. Pretty much brand new - box was slightly damaged, works great. Slow service, but can't beat the price.[/quote]
Nice to hear cant wait to get mine if they would give it too UPS that is Aslong as it is in good condition thats all i care

giantsfan care to post pics?

Got mine today too. Everything looks close to new except the packaging, but I can hear a hiss (like RamHawk mentioned) when I turn them on which is slightly annoying. Sound quality is pretty good, but not great. I like how you can turn down other people's voices, especially when they're trash talking nonstop, haha. Having the mute button connected right on the controller is convenient too. I think I'll just stick with my ATH-a900's and use the cruddy mic that came with the Xbox though. Actually, I'm going to have to try that out first before I make a decision...

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Got mine today too. Everything looks close to new except the packaging, but I can hear a hiss (like RamHawk mentioned) when I turn them on which is slightly annoying. Sound quality is pretty good, but not great. I like how you can turn down other people's voices, especially when they're trash talking nonstop, haha. Having the mute button connected right on the controller is convenient too. I think I'll just stick with my ATH-a900's and use the cruddy mic that came with the Xbox though. Actually, I'm going to have to try that out first before I make a decision...[/quote]
You guys are lucky that you actually got yours today, they said they shipped mine already but thats a load of BS
But can you post pics like did the package come with everything you would get as if you bought it?

[quote name='PrarieD0G']...I'm going to have to try that out first before I make a decision...[/quote]

Please post your experience here. I want to know if your headset comes on immediately or does it delay and need the volume wheel turned up then down to get the sound to kick in. I recently moved my Xbox upstairs away from everyones bedroom so I don't need the full headset anymore at night. They are still useful tho.

My original 360 headset? Yeah, it comes on almost immediately when I plug it in. The problem I have been having with using regular headphones and the original Mic/headset is that I have trouble hearing others talking through the headphones (because I'm wearing the mic/headset around my neck). I have the inbound voice volume turned all the way up in the 360's settings too... The only solution is turning the game's volume down in the settings, which is kind of a pain to do with every game. I still haven't decided whether I'm keeping my X3's or not.

For those who have these in hand. Is the hiss problem just part of the xbox live experience or is it also apparent during DVD playback? I've got a pair of Tritton AX360 (corded) that are good for gaming but sort of average for DVD playback (can't seem to get it loud enough and not as impressed with the rumble instead of bass feature). The newest X4 model sounds awesome but the wife isn't going to let me throw down another $180 after getting the AX360 for me last Xmas.

EG

I haven't really noticed the hissing problem. I am really not expecting amazing things from these, just for them to be decent so when i game late at night i can crank the volume and not make the wife mad and wake up the baby.... :)

I've been using a pair of the X1 headphones at work, and they're very uncomfortable after a couple hours. Not sure how many people will wear them for more than an hour or two, but yeah... I wouldn't buy these.

I got mine delivered today in perfect condition with everything in the box. As with all Turtle Beach Wireless headsets, there is a slightly noticeable hiss. There is no complete silence, but for $45; there's no complaint from me.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']My original 360 headset? Yeah, it comes on almost immediately when I plug it in. The problem I have been having with using regular headphones and the original Mic/headset is that I have trouble hearing others talking through the headphones (because I'm wearing the mic/headset around my neck). I have the inbound voice volume turned all the way up in the 360's settings too... The only solution is turning the game's volume down in the settings, which is kind of a pain to do with every game. I still haven't decided whether I'm keeping my X3's or not.[/quote]

Thats EXACTLY what I do when I want/need to play with headphones. That's why the X3's are so appealing. No need to fidget with sliders FTW

[quote name='moojuice']Thats EXACTLY what I do when I want/need to play with headphones. That's why the X3's are so appealing. No need to fidget with sliders FTW[/quote]

Yeah, I have come to the same conclusion. These things are almost a must now that I'm starting college. Way more convenient than messing with those sliders. I'll still use my nice ATH-a900s for single player games though.

Got mine today as well. It came in a small box. Inside the box was a bag with the headphones and parts thrown in. Seemed like it had be lightly used. The quality is pretty good for games at least the few games that I have tried it with. I tried playing music and it sounded pretty bad. I didnt have to much time testing settings and what not, but it looks like its a good product over all so far.

Adjusting the infrared transmitter's output helps a lot in reducing static noise and making things more clear (The dial on the side of it). I was sitting close to the transmitter because I play on a 22" monitor, and I was getting a lot of "buzz" when music was playing in the menu of Battlefield: Bad Company. When I turned down transmitter's output, there was no longer any buzz.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Adjusting the infrared transmitter's output helps a lot in reducing static noise and making things more clear (The dial on the side of it). I was sitting close to the transmitter because I play on a 22" monitor, and I was getting a lot of "buzz" when music was playing in the menu of Battlefield: Bad Company. When I turned down transmitter's output, there was no longer any buzz.[/quote]

Thanks for that info. It sounds like the same thing that happens on Car sterios when you add a satellite radio. You need to adjust the receivers output to get rid of the hiss.

Well, I have done some research on these and the x4s ($200), and the Astro A40;s ($250).

From what I can tell, for the price you can't get anything better.
They seem to be of good quality (hardware). And the sound drop out is typical of any IR transmitter really. I think, by using IR, they shouldn't get any disruption from Microwaves, and Wireless networks.
If you wan't them just for gaming, get them. If you NEED 5.1, you'll have to move up to something else.

The advantage of the X4's is the 5.1 dolby digital sound (with Optical input). But I have heard they still have a Hiss when things are quiet. Also, if you want the x4's for High Def movies, they won't decode dts, or HD audio. But they may work with the XBOX hd-dvd player, because the 360 converts DTS to dolby digital. You can also dissconnect the mic. I'm not sure about that with the x3's.

The A40's are probably the best for sound, and functionality. There is little to no hiss, because they are WIRED. Which of course is the downfall. These are a great set if you don't mind a WIRED headset. But you can also use these with your ipod. Apparently, they supply plenty of wiring options.

So everyone who bought one received one? I was thinking about buying one. I'm confused, how do you plug in the receiver if you are using hdmi to your tv? Do you plug the red and white into your tv?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheBryanTarlowski']So everyone who bought one received one? I was thinking about buying one. I'm confused, how do you plug in the receiver if you are using hdmi to your tv? Do you plug the red and white into your tv?[/quote]
The dongle that is required for hdmi equipped 360s has two options: RCA stereo or optical output. You can keep your optic cable plugged into your 5.1 receiver. Just plug the X3's stereo cables into the RCA outputs on that same dongle. Remember, the X3 doesn't do surround sound, only stereo.

[quote name='PrarieD0G'] The problem I have been having with using regular headphones and the original Mic/headset is that I have trouble hearing others talking through the headphones (because I'm wearing the mic/headset around my neck). I have the inbound voice volume turned all the way up in the 360's settings too... The only solution is turning the game's volume down in the settings, which is kind of a pain to do with every game. I still haven't decided whether I'm keeping my X3's or not.[/quote]

This exactly the same problem I have. Especially for games that do not have volume control settings (Halo 3 Campaign)

This headphones seem like a good solution, but I will save my money for these instead

http://www.astrogaming.com/products/detail/3/A40_Audio_System/

I think they are worth it, since I spend most of my time playing with headphones even though I have full surround setup. All i need is money to buy them.

[quote name='jdeluis']This exactly the same problem I have. Especially for games that do not have volume control settings (Halo 3 Campaign)

This headphones seem like a good solution, but I will save my money for these instead

http://www.astrogaming.com/products/detail/3/A40_Audio_System/

I think they are worth it, since I spend most of my time playing with headphones even though I have full surround setup. All i need is money to buy them.[/quote]

Jesus, somebody needs to throw down a deal on those headphones!

If is use these on the ps3 with the audio to usb adapter, will i have to plug into the ps3 or the controller?

[quote name='omegam14']Mine work great i bought them from stootsi only cons is they talk long to shit, and there is a slight hiss[/quote]

I hate long shit-talkers.

And the hissing is just gas....so they say.

I really don't notice the hissing to be honest. Try turning down the level on the IR box. Thats what i did and they are much better now.

[quote name='omegam14']Mine work great i bought them from stootsi only cons is they talk long to shit, and there is a slight hiss[/quote]

HAHAHA...... wut?

I got mine on Friday. Work great.

Awesome typo XD

About the hiss, nothing I do reduces the hiss. Hell, even if I cut the power to the transmitter, there is still a hissing.

Also, something strange I noticed, could someone please test it out for me, to see if I'm not the only one:

On COD4, if I mute my mic, normally no sounds go through (I'm talking about in-game, where normally, the mic icon pops up when you talk). But, whenever I use a silenced MP5, the mic icon thing always pops up when I shoot. No other guns do this

Last edited by a moderator:
im tempted to get this if the deal is still active. What do you guys think.. i can get NEw x1's at new egg with my 10$ off. 49.99 - the 10 coupon plus shipping. OR get these x3's for about the same price?

For the owners of x3's how often do you have to change/charge your batteries?

EDIT: nvm looks like deal is long gone..

bread's done
Back